2022 Recruits

Not from you. Doubt you would have a clue anyway. Just remember, It takes a real twerp to write their hate but a true fan sticks by the team in thick and thin. You sir, are no true fan.

Let me please backyou up on that, Rick.

This is what DV posted a week ago, before the Stanford game:

"The defense is fine. The rebounding is fine. Kellie's offense is a train-wreck, maybe the worst this program has ever seen, and the numbers reflect that. They couldn't even break 40% shooting or keep turnovers down against Georgia State.

They will win some games and and might beat a few good teams, but their offense is why they aren't a contender. Pretty soon they will get exposed, and it could very well be this weekend..."

At the time, the team was undefeated and ranked inside the top ten for the first time in more years than Kellie has been here, and had victories over a few ranked teams, including Texas. Since then we lost to Stanford, the #3 team, and showed out that we can play with them or anyone else. We have consistently shown all season that we are trending upward as our freshmen and a couple of veterans are showing undeniable development progress. Our team's success is built on elite defense and elite rebounding. That's our bread and butter, and it has brought us to a #7 ranking, even after the Stanford loss. Obviously, experts like what they see in this version of the LV's. The program turn-around accomplishment so far is thrilling to LV fans.

But not DV. He only sees or posts about the poor offensive numbers. Or the players who aren't performing as well as others. If a poster can all but dismiss and wave off elite defense and rebounding as "fine", without praising the overall turn-around in the program, but instead find insulting words to describe other aspects of the team, all within the context of this program and it's recent history, then this poster is revealing an irrational malice. That comes from either 1) hating this program entirely as a fan of another program (and posing as someone who roots for this program - a troll) or 2) someone who has a really bizarre, serious and irrational hatred of someone or something within the LV program. Either way, when somebody can find nothing whatsoever to say positive about the program within a turn-around environment of terrific successes, but always and only complains, the irrationality of it is compelling and unhealthy. It's like having a cancer in an otherwise healthy body.

So, just ignore him you say? Well, there's a problem with that: The intended sabotage of our recruiting. Here is a poster who insults Kellie's recruiting and her recruits incessantly, never a positive word about any recruiting effort or any recruit, despite the program's upward trajectory and the season we're having. For any recuits who survey this board for some indications of what the Tennessee LV fan base is like, the ugliness and hate-filled sickness of it has to turn them off. He has to know that, and yet he persists in denigrating Kellie's recruits as mid-major or worse, and by name, all the while knowing he is hurting our recruiting efforts with his posts here. Maybe that's his purpose, a wannabe saboteur of the LV basketball program. I'm left to conclude he should be banned.

"The defense is fine. The rebounding is fine. Kellie's offense is a train-wreck, maybe the worst this program has ever seen, and the numbers reflect that. They couldn't even break 40% shooting or keep turnovers down against Georgia State.

They will win some games and and might beat a few good teams, but their offense is why they aren't a contender. Pretty soon they will get exposed, and it could very well be this weekend..."

At the time, the team was undefeated and ranked inside the top ten for the first time in more years than Kellie has been here, and had victories over a few ranked teams, including Texas. Since then we lost to Stanford, the #3 team, and showed out that we can play with them or anyone else. We have consistently shown all season that we are trending upward as our freshmen and a couple of veterans are showing undeniable development progress. Our team's success is built on elite defense and elite rebounding. That's our bread and butter, and it has brought us to a #7 ranking, even after the Stanford loss. Obviously, experts like what they see in this version of the LV's. The program turn-around accomplishment so far is thrilling to LV fans.

But not DV. He only sees or posts about the poor offensive numbers. Or the players who aren't performing as well as others. If a poster can all but dismiss and wave off elite defense and rebounding as "fine", without praising the overall turn-around in the program, but instead find insulting words to describe other aspects of the team, all within the context of this program and it's recent history, then this poster is revealing an irrational malice. That comes from either 1) hating this program entirely as a fan of another program (and posing as someone who roots for this program - a troll) or 2) someone who has a really bizarre, serious and irrational hatred of someone or something within the LV program. Either way, when somebody can find nothing whatsoever to say positive about the program within a turn-around environment of terrific successes, but always and only complains, the irrationality of it is compelling and unhealthy. It's like having a cancer in an otherwise healthy body.

So, just ignore him you say? Well, there's a problem with that: The intended sabotage of our recruiting. Here is a poster who insults Kellie's recruiting and her recruits incessantly, never a positive word about any recruiting effort or any recruit, despite the program's upward trajectory and the season we're having. For any recuits who survey this board for some indications of what the Tennessee LV fan base is like, the ugliness and hate-filled sickness of it has to turn them off. He has to know that, and yet he persists in denigrating Kellie's recruits as mid-major or worse, and by name, all the while knowing he is hurting our recruiting efforts with his posts here. Maybe that's his purpose, a wannabe saboteur of the LV basketball program. I'm left to conclude he should be banned.

I wish the site would do more to moderate posters. It does hurt our recruiting. I know it’s a lot to police but posters like Darth definitely impact us negatively in recruiting. Players and parents read this board.

With the momentum the program has I’d love to see them censor nega vols a bit more.

Darth had to create a sidekick recently because everyone has written him off as annoying and been ignoring him. 😂

Well done, beautifully said, and I agree.

Why? We have a team finally and the players like each other. It's taken years to get the team chemistry sorted out. Everyone has a job to do on the team. Be patient because things are turning around.
i agree. But wouldnt you like to have a few more able bodies to go against top tier teams and not just the ETSU type teams?

I think I'll out both Rickster and Darthvol on ignore status and improve my reading content here immensely. Please refrain from quoting/reposting their drivel as that gets thru the block... tyia

i agree. But wouldnt you like to have a few more able bodies to go against top tier teams and not just the ETSU type teams?

We just played the #3 team well. The players I want are those who bleed orange. I would like a strong 8 and we have that. I don't follow others in believing we have to have a team of top 5 phenoms. There will be those who say don't recruit anyone but the ones who are top 5 but they have no D1 coaching experience. Kellie will decide which players she can win with and those are the ones we should want as well. Fortunately, she holds recruiting info close to prevent sabotage and that leads some to speculate who she is recruiting, right or wrong, and slams her when they sign elsewhere (even when we were not recruiting her).

I think I'll put both Rickster and Darthvol on ignore status and improve my reading content here immensely. Please refrain from quoting/reposting their drivel as that gets thru the block... tyia

That will be great. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Last edited:
Reactions: mlindsay
I've often thought I would pay good money to put some of the posters on this board in a room with Coach Harper and have them say the things they say on this board to her face. Maybe to the team too. Bet that'd be fun -- excuse me, "fun."

I find I am bewildered as to why people who are so contemptuous and scornful of a thing would spend so much of their time talking about it. Some of the comments aren't so bad, but some of the others are pretty disparaging. I'm not pounding the "always be positive" drum - I've been plenty vocal about the low shooting percentages as well - but some of the things written about the players and the coaches have been crass.

I think I'll out both Rickster and Darthvol on ignore status and improve my reading content here immensely. Please refrain from quoting/reposting their drivel as that gets thru the block... tyia

Never thought I would see the day gule was the smartest person in the room.

I can understand why there is so much interest in the boneyard here if you're into heavily moderated forums. There's also a Tennessee forum like that and I hear their moderator is taking applications.

Meanwhile, I'm going to take gule's lead and expand my ignore list. I would strongly suggest some of you crybabies do the same...

I can understand why there is so much interest in the boneyard here if you're into heavily moderated forums. There's also a Tennessee forum like that and I hear their moderator is taking applications.

Meanwhile, I'm going to take gule's lead and expand my ignore list. I would strongly suggest some of you crybabies do the same...
Cheap shot at Gule. Typical.

We just played the #3 team well. The players I want are those who bleed orange. I would like a strong 8 and we have that. I don't follow others in believing we have to have a team of top 5 phenoms. There will be those who say don't recruit anyone but the ones who are top 5 but they have no D1 coaching experience. Kellie will decide which players she can win with and those are the ones we should want as well. Fortunately, she holds recruiting info close to prevent sabotage and that leads some to speculate who she is recruiting, right or wrong, and slams her when they sign elsewhere (even when we were not recruiting her).
Bleed anything but money not orange is going to be the norm. Thanks NIL.

One thing I’m noticing is we seem to be very heavily recruiting players within driving distance of Knoxville. In the age of COVID and transfers I think this is a very good idea.

Cuts down on how much the players have to be in airports/public transit. Also allows them to go home on long weekends occasionally and really good for morale.

Home cooking is great for college kids now and then. Also easier for their parents to attend games or just come to Knoxville to visit.

This is how you maintain a roster in modern WBB. Sure, we didn’t add a ton from the portal but we didn’t lose 4-5 players last season like a lot of teams. Kellie is building a culture and it looks fun.

Come enjoy it y’all!

To prospective athletes and parents. Take a good look at the transfer portal blog the last two seasons. Do you want to play for those schools with 5-6 players in and out every season? Talk about turmoil.

Some of those bodies could be utilized against any teams if they weren't lacking in confidence. Have some of you ever considered that some players this brand to them is far more than just basketball? Most coaches only play 7 to 9 players a game anyway. So typically 8-12 (or in this case due to the covid season 15) are unlikely to play anyway. Geno has a team loaded with top 50 commits and he is only playing 6 to 7 players. Arizona went and added a lot of players this off-season and a player like Koi Love is hardly playing. Dawn isn't playing much of her #1 class. If the players are happy and aren't hurting you or your team chemistry don't send them packing. Some coaches do, but I could never see Kellie as that type of coach.

So when are you going to block me?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
There are a few Lady Vols that need to hit the portal. Rennie and Saunders. They would be better at smaller schools. We need contributions off the bench. Nothing bad against the two but they don’t bring much to the table.

Emily brings 6'5" and u can't teach that. even if it's just to give someone a break or use fouls and wear someone down...

I think both Emily and Jessie know their options after last season and have chosen to stay at Tennessee. I don't expect either to leave since they didn't after last season. I think they will continue to embrace their roles as seldom used players and practice players because they like being at Tennessee and having Kellie Harper as their coach.

I think both Emily and Jessie know their options after last season and have chosen to stay at Tennessee. I don't expect either to leave since they didn't after last season. I think they will continue to embrace their roles as seldom used players and practice players because they like being at Tennessee and having Kellie Harper as their coach.

I don't think it comes into play them leaving so much right now as it might when they graduate. Numbers for scholarships after this year are back at 15 so them staying that extra covid year might not be an option. Also, i'm sure they'll stay til they graduate the LVs are proud of their graduation rate.

I don't think it comes into play them leaving so much right now as it might when they graduate. Numbers for scholarships after this year are back at 15 so them staying that extra covid year might not be an option. Also, i'm sure they'll stay til they graduate the LVs are proud of their graduation rate.
I don't think they will stay that extra year might be time to go into the real world with that degree.

I don't think they will stay that extra year might be time to go into the real world with that degree.
I think their decision whether to take advantage of the COVID year may depend on whether the LVs win a Natty this year or next. If the LVs win a championship, they may want to come back to seek another.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
would it be that whacky? considering we got some 7th year seniors playing this year!
I was really surprised at that guess some people never want to leave college. Glad were going back to normal next season. Depends on recruiting if you do well you will need to nudge them a little.

VN Store

Back