Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

Time to see what Thomas Tuchel is made of when adversity hits. The defense was bulletproof the first couple months of the season and we are now giving up leads and letting in weak goals from mental mistakes. Injuries haven't helped the situation but the mental mistake goals are the ones that are hard to swallow.

About to hit the busiest part of the year and Chelsea is probably in its worst form of the last 12 months.. not ideal.

Reactions: MAD
Four more Premier League games postponed due to Covid

The Premier League have postponed four more matches this weekend as the coronavirus crisis wreaked further havoc on the English top-flight on Thursday.

Covid outbreaks across the Premier League forced officials to cancel Southampton’s game against Brentford, Watford’s meeting with Crystal Palace and West Ham’s fixture against Norwich on Saturday.

Leicester’s trip to Everton on Sunday is also off following the late postponement of their Thursday clash with Tottenham.

Manchester United’s scheduled game against Brighton on Saturday was postponed earlier on Thursday due to the Old Trafford club’s virus problems.

Five of the 10 Premier League matches scheduled for the weekend have now been scratched from the schedule.

A host of matches in England’s lower tiers have also been postponed this week.

Villa - Burnley postponed.
Ugh. There may not be any fixtures at all this weekend. I realize it’s for safety purposes, but selfishly I want to watch. We are due to receive about 6 inches of snow where I live today. I also am awaiting the results of a Covid test. This weekend would be a great weekend to watch the Premier League for hours.

Are there any other leagues postponing games? I find it hard to believe the Premier League is the only league whose players are testing positive

Are there any other leagues postponing games? I find it hard to believe the Premier League is the only league whose players are testing positive
Majority of the big leagues are still pressing on. Pretty sure la liga, bundesliga are still pretty much playing all fixtures today. The Scottish Premiership has had a lot of positives recently as well. They implemented daily testing and some of the future matches are in doubt. Though I’m pretty sure Rangers had like 10 test positive and they are being forced to sit out practice for 10 days. So they will miss the next match. This info could not be 100% accurate as I am just trying to remember what I read yesterday. I’ve been wrong before. Just ask my wife, she’ll tell you.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
The UK is about a week ahead of most of the continent as far as Omicron spread, so if Spain/France/Germany have to start calling off matches, it may not be till after Christmas. As far as England goes, 5 out of 10 games in The Championship are postponed today, 6 of 12 in League One and 8 of 12 in League Two.

Tuchel not very happy post match. I think he has the right to be upset though. They were borderline not match fit with all the Covid drama. Very fortunate they came away with a draw.

Saw this on Twitter and thought it would be interesting for us to do here.
—————————————
What's your club's:

Overrated player: Aubameyang

Underrated player: Martinelli

Over-hated Player: Xhaka

Best Player: Saka

Worst Player: Kolasinac

After doing this I realize how much better our squad has become overall.

The 16 youngest XIs fielded in the Premier League this season have all been by Arsenal.
The future is bright.

I’m jealous of you guys that can make bets, not allowed here in Florida.

Saw this and wondered if any of you had to deal with this sort of thing?

VN Store

Back