Navy Shuler coming home.

wait until they find out a majority of nfl players are not 5 stars. It goes against their religion. It BLOWS their minds.

Daryl Dickey was a legacy QB who was not considered very talented. When Tony Robinson went down to injury in 1985, Dickey filled in capably to lead Tennessee the rest of the way to an SEC championship and Sugar Bowl win over #2 Miami. I wouldn’t discount the potential importance of this pickup.
That’s exactly what I was thinking when I saw this thread. And while we were mentioning quarterbacks. TRob was #3 IMO. The guy had a cannon arm and left it all on the field. Tragic story overall, but the kid was a baller.

I was surprised when he signed with App. Heath called Cut the best QB coach he ever worked with (keep in mind he spent time with 3 NFL clubs).

Assuming Navy is really smart (he had at least 1 Ivy League school offer) I figured Duke would be a lock for him when they offered.

That’s exactly what I was thinking when I saw this thread. And while we were mentioning quarterbacks. TRob was #3 IMO. The guy had a cannon arm and left it all on the field. Tragic story overall, but the kid was a baller.
Yes, Robinson was enormously talented and athletic. I was in Birmingham the Saturday he got hurt, and it was terribly deflating. As you mentioned, his life fell apart which was sad for him.

Not even top 5 but a good QB
Most people who would look at it objectively would say yes, Heath is the 2nd best QB to play here.

He’s not necessarily my 2nd favorite, but he’s a Top 5 NFL draft pick and Heisman runner up. Only two players can claim that. Conredge could have an argument due to the era he played in but besides that, no other TN QB has the resume of Shuler.

Most people who would look at it objectively would say yes, Heath is the 2nd best QB to play here.

He’s not necessarily my 2nd favorite, but he’s a Top 5 NFL draft pick and Heisman runner up. Only two players can claim that. Conredge could have an argument due to the era he played in but besides that, no other TN QB has the resume of Shuler.
Heisman means nothing. Top 5 bust and Dobbs and Bray played on NFL longer

VN Store

Back