'22 FL WR CJ Smith (Georgia commit)

That has been the concern of many fans ever since the day JH was hired as head coach. I suspect it'll always be a challenge for him, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. Offensive recruiting is always going to be easier for his teams. A lot is put on this defense.
I wonder if Huepel and Co are saying look, we don't need a deep roster. We need an ESPECIALLY deep roster. Our offense scores fast. So what that means for you is you are going to get meaningful snaps even if you are down on the depth chart. You will get your playing time and time to shine. You will get your stats. You have more of a chance of all that here than you will anywhere. And yeah, having a deep D will get us off the field quickly, but that doesn't mean we aren't going to turn right around and score fast again. We have that part solved. You and the D are the key to a championship.

I am just me, so I can't imagine they haven't thought to position it somewhat like that. And if they have, and players are still turning us down, I can't help but wonder if that is because of the difference in financial opps between other schools and our own.

Actually UGA swang and missed on our commit (Squirrel White) and CJ was their backup, CJ was kind've our back up as well if UGA had flipped White it seemed
Yeah seeing I didn't get that from several posters

Actually UGA swang and missed on our commit (Squirrel White) and CJ was their backup, CJ was kind've our back up as well if UGA had flipped White it seemed
Funny that CJ's ranked alot higher. I'm not saying your wrong but if you are right the rankings are seriously off with both staffs' evals. Either way, I'm glad we kept Squirrel even if he needs to put on some weight.

Funny that CJ's ranked alot higher. I'm not saying your wrong but if you are right the rankings are seriously off with both staffs' evals. Either way, I'm glad we kept Squirrel even if he needs to put on some weight.
Been many pundits saying analysts have Squirrel vastly underrated, supposedly CJ wanted to commit to UT after his visit and our staff told him to slow his roll until things shook out, recruiting rankings are fine indicators but are certainly not the rule, go watch Squirrel's HUDL and you'll see why UGA was trying to flip him

I've heard multiple people say that Squirrel is highly underrated. Swain has been raving about Squirrel more than all other recruits to the point he will be pushing current upperclassmen for playing time. He's THAT good. Apparently his route running is Elite; combine that with speed and we have a deadly asset at WR. I want to say Swain thinks he's top 100 but don't quote me on that.

I've heard multiple people say that Squirrel is highly underrated. Swain has been raving about Squirrel more than all other recruits to the point he will be pushing current upperclassmen for playing time. He's THAT good. Apparently his route running is Elite; combine that with speed and we have a deadly asset at WR. I want to say Swain thinks he's top 100 but don't quote me on that.
He's severely underrated because of his size. He's listed at 155lbs. He looks bigger than that, and definitely plays much bigger. DeVonta Smith is only 170 right now. Squirrel will get bigger and stronger (possibly faster) in the S&C program and ball out here. We may have have gotten the best WRs out of Alabama, Georgia, and Arkansas in this class.

Reactions: De La Cloobs
We have such a good D staff! I worry these kids worry they will be on the field all day and that their play will look bad due to our offensive style. Why else would they not commit?
Just in case it hasn't been noted...

R.7a2a26292b3559cdef80c87762563c5d

Agree with Swain on this one. The guy will be a nightmare to cover in our offense. Similar to a Jeffrey Demps type but is elite running routes.

Reactions: De La Cloobs
We have such a good D staff! I worry these kids worry they will be on the field all day and that their play will look bad due to our offensive style. Why else would they not commit?
Because they want to go somewhere else?? That's my guess.

For those wondering there were reports that he outperformed some 5 star kids at the Alabama camp. They had already taken their wr commitments and we landed him. This kid has the potential in this offense to be a lottery pick and set a few all time records at UT.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
For those wondering there were reports that he outperformed some 5 star kids at the Alabama camp. They had already taken their wr commitments and we landed him. This kid has the potential in this offense to be a lottery pick and set a few all time records at UT.
Edit: to be perfectly honest UT will probably become WRU... there's a distinct possibility due to Quez, Jennings, Palmer, Velus will play on Sundays and Tillman will be a draft pick and Payton has proved he has big play ability so he'll get a crack at it. It fun to think about honestly.

He's very fast, he needs to add to that 155 lbs and maintain his speed though or he'll get killed.

on3 has White ranked 160 spots ahead of Smith. 108# 268#
Smith's about 200 spots higher on the composite though which averages Rivals, 247 and ESPN's rankings though. That's what I was talking about. on3 is an upstart company though I understand they have had some good content. I always look at the composite because it's tempting to cherry pick the service that tells you what you want to hear if you don't.

Smith's about 200 spots higher on the composite though which averages Rivals, 247 and ESPN's rankings though. That's what I was talking about. on3 is an upstart company though I understand they have had some good content. I always look at the composite because it's tempting to cherry pick the service that tells you what you want to hear if you don't.
The other services aren't the best with updating rankings consistently. This kid is a fringe 5 star if not 5 star talent.

On3 launched August 15, they've got some old heads but they are the new kids on the block for sure.
Launched by the same man that started the previous 2. I'm really not worried by what the sites say on this kid. I can see the ability with my look balls.

VN Store

Back