'22 FL WR CJ Smith (Georgia commit)

CJ Smith has long speed. He continues to build speed as he goes. A long strider. Squirrel is a twitchy athlete. He's able to hit top speed over a short area and maintain it. He is also just as quick(agile) as he is fast. Those are the scary guys in football.
He may not be an elite athlete by NFL standards, but that’s part of why Randall Cobb was so good in a duo with Jordy Nelson for a few years in Green Bay. Randall was compact and quick, while Nelson could burn over the top.

😂😂😂 Absolutely not. CJ never had a committable offer from us. He wanted to commit on his visit but we were recruiting him only as a backup option if someone like Squirrel fell through. And UGA only took his commitment once they found out Squirrel was sticking with the Vols.
Hmmm we are on his offer list? What's a non committable offer?

You are right, YOU did swing and miss. We were recruiting him as a backup plan and once White re-affirmed we did not push for him. So congrats on not knowing what you are talking about.
Haha I keep reading this. Thanks for being such a gentleman about it.

Reactions: windrider
Hmmm we are on his offer list? What's a non committable offer?
It means we weren't going to accept his commitment (aka send him the papers to sign). We brought him in and built a relationship, actually remarkably quickly, in case something went wrong with Kaleb Webb or Squirrel White. But Webb committed to the good guys and White stuck, too, and this coaching staff decided they weren't going to take ANOTHER WR in this class. Smith was ready to commit while in Knoxville and went home raving about the visit. But we told him to hold off and eventually told him we wouldn't have space in this class.

It means we weren't going to accept his commitment (aka send him the papers to sign). We brought him in and built a relationship, actually remarkably quickly, in case something went wrong with Kaleb Webb or Squirrel White. But Webb committed to the good guys and White stuck, too, and this coaching staff decided they weren't going to take ANOTHER WR in this class. Smith was ready to commit while in Knoxville and went home raving about the visit. But we told him to hold off and eventually told him we wouldn't have space in this class.
Ahh thanks for the education. Makes me feel better. So what about Marquise Gilbert xfer to Auburn?

Now THAT one we swung and missed on. Most of our swings and misses have come on the defensive side of the ball lately.
We have such a good D staff! I worry these kids worry they will be on the field all day and that their play will look bad due to our offensive style. Why else would they not commit?

We have such a good D staff! I worry these kids worry they will be on the field all day and that their play will look bad due to our offensive style. Why else would they not commit?
That has been the concern of many fans ever since the day JH was hired as head coach. I suspect it'll always be a challenge for him, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. Offensive recruiting is always going to be easier for his teams. A lot is put on this defense.

VN Store

Back