PWOs new strategy?

hillbilly

Is CJH trying to build a walk-on program like Nebraska use to have. I see a few in-state OL committing as PWO. I don’t know that we have done this so publicly recently. # 66 is a current walk-on backup player but has not done a lot yet. Is this to add practice depth, long-term planning or something else?

I'm curious if this is a strategy to get more players by using NIL dollars for the walk ons. Seems logical to me.

I'm curious if this is a strategy to get more players by using NIL dollars for the walk ons. Seems logical to me.
Now that, that is an interesting prospect. Theoretically if a kid is making enough in NIL money being on scholarship wouldn’t matter. Surely there’s some rule that prevents this.

Now that, that is an interesting prospect. Theoretically if a kid is making enough in NIL money being on scholarship wouldn’t matter. Surely there’s some rule that prevents this.
I don't think so. I saw somewhere that discussed this. It would allow boosters to pony up money to make a direct impact. In Tennessee's case, being low on scholarship players, this would help the cause.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back