Heupel best new coach for 2021?

There's possibly a little voodoo in some of these calculations, but no matter, you can tell by Heupel's demeanor and approach, he's a long term winner. Bust this man's salary and K town association up, give him a long term reason to call Knoxville home.

You can pay a coach any amount, and if they don’t want to stay when someone comes a calling, they will bolt. They either love where they are or just coaching for the biggest payday. There is always somebody that will pay them more. I don’t think Saban has a price that would move him, but almost every other coach has a price tag.

Our coach has done more with less than any coach in the SEC. No doubt about it. If that doesn't show who the best coach in the SEC is, I don't know what does!

Reactions: volinvegas
Smart deserves it if he wins today. Make no mistake, even with all the talent he has, it’s damn hard to go 13-0 and if he does that, he’s likely to go 15-0.

Reactions: TennTom
There's possibly a little voodoo in some of these calculations, but no matter, you can tell by Heupel's demeanor and approach, he's a long term winner. Bust this man's salary and K town association up, give him a long term reason to call Knoxville home.
Let him prove himself over the mid-long-term. Part of UT's problem has been to reward initial fool's gold. Hell, we basically had to put ourselves under sanctions to get rid of Pruitt.

and when they say a game of inches or the ball bounce your way....this team was just that close to being 9-3.....
That would have been a record well beyond where expectations should be, but yeah add to it a QB coaching decision away. We also were one injury away from having a losing season. Had Milton not gotten injured, I’m not sure Hooker would have gotten the ball as quickly.

Reactions: MississippiVOLS
I could coach UGA to 25-0 with the roster they have.

Doubtful. Not sure you realize how difficult that is. Talent gap wise, they aren’t THAT far ahead of Saban. Not saying Smart is better than Saban, but this season, he’s done an outstanding job coaching that team up and keeping them ready to play every Saturday getting everyone’s best.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Doubtful. Not sure you realize how difficult that is. Talent gap wise, they aren’t THAT far ahead of Saban. Not saying Smart is better than Saban, but this season, he’s done an outstanding job coaching that team up and keeping them ready to play every Saturday getting everyone’s best.
Basically, my thoughts as well.

i really like Josh Heupel. He did a tremendous job this year. But for a BIG turnaround, look no further than Dave Aranda @ Baylor. Man went from 2-7 to 11 wins this year. He comes across as a humble, quiet guy that lets his staff do their jobs. He's gonna do well there.

Reactions: LittleVol
He had a preseason Heisman front runner QB who now might not even make the stage.
I understand but he also had the worst defense in FBS last year and was down his three best receivers and others throughout the year. I can’t stand him but his body of work this year is impressive.

VN Store

Back