'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Why does anything have to be politics? Maybe they had an influx and/or maybe it fluctuates every few years. TSSAA can gv schools options and they can stay put or go up/down.
All I did was show the enrollment range of each classification......and Westview fits into 2A.

Fair enough but

Trevor Lawrence 6A Georgia
Justin Fields 7A Georgia
Deshaun Watson 7A Georgia
Kyler Murray 6A Texas
Jalen Hurts 6A Texas
Cam Newton 6A Georgia
Johnny Manziel 5A Texas
Tim Tebow 7A Florida
Baker Mayfield 6A Texas
The amount of As only has to do with the size of the school. Larger school, more students, more odds of good players coming from there. ALSO, more odds of more players never getting an offer to ply the sport. Simple statistics people cmon.

They were 3A last year.
Lol just because they were 3A for a few years doesn’t mean anything plenty of teams have fluctuated. But for the most part Martin Westview has been a 2A School. They were 2A all the way until 2015 and they were getting steam rolled in 3A from 2016 to 2020. Then they switched back to 2A this year.

Lol just because they were 3A for a few years doesn’t mean anything plenty of teams have fluctuated. But for the most part Martin Westview has been a 2A School. They were 2A all the way until 2015 and they were getting steam rolled in 3A from 2016 to 2020. Then they switched back to 2A this year.

Yeah, they are like a lot of schools in the area. When the switch to 6 classifications was made, they were in the fringe range. I wish the TSSAA would cut down on classifications, but for money reasons I am sure that will never happen.

Yeah, they are like a lot of schools in the area. When the switch to 6 classifications was made, they were in the fringe range. I wish the TSSAA would cut down on classifications, but for money reasons I am sure that will never happen.
They did for several sports this year except for football. They also did some redistricting. I coach a non-football sport and let me say, it was a god send! We were stuck playing schools that were double-plus our population and getting destroyed every game. It was rough. We’re on much more equal footing this year.

They did for several sports this year except for football. They also did some redistricting. I coach a non-football sport and let me say, it was a god send! We were stuck playing schools that were double-plus our population and getting destroyed every game. It was rough. We’re on much more equal footing this year.

I coach baseball where I teach, and I feel your pain. We have played schools that are “just beneath” 1,000 students in district and region play, and everyone knows they are fudging the numbers to get there. It has been frustrating. I am looking forward to seeing how it works out this year.

Reactions: Checker_the_Shire
The amount of As only has to do with the size of the school. Larger school, more students, more odds of good players coming from there. ALSO, more odds of more players never getting an offer to ply the sport. Simple statistics people cmon.

Yup. I would be willing to bet if you broke it down into percentages between small and large schools, they would be pretty close to the same.

I think it would only apply to public schools though.

Many private schools recruit like a small college. Lol

Absolutely.......
9, yes 9, classifications in Tennessee.
I miss the 3 classes of the past. Teams with 1 or 2 wins make the playoffs.
Money is a reason, as is little Timmy needing a trophy or a participation ribbon is also part of it

What I dont understand is how Simpsons school is considered 2A. Definitely smells of politics. They are twice the size of most schools they play and way more advanced in most all of their athletic programs. The reason why they continually do so well across the board is because they play in a pee wee league.

I’m not familiar with their region, but 2020 enrollment shows Westview at 509. They have the highest enrollment in their region, but there is one school at around 488, another in the mid 400’s, and the others in the low 400’s or around 390. So, it’s not double.

I’m not familiar with their region, but 2020 enrollment shows Westview at 509. They have the highest enrollment in their region, but there is one school at around 488, another in the mid 400’s, and the others in the low 400’s or around 390. So, it’s not double.
They’re just one of the larger 2A schools around. It’ll shift in 2 years when they do re-alignment again. Might stay 2A, might bump to 3A.

That Dade Co team is a middle tear GA 2A team. They went 7 - 4 in Georgia. The point is Georgia 2A Football is superior to Tennessee 2A Football probably even on par with some 4A and up Teams.

This all to say that Ty Simpson doesn’t have the same experience as a 6A QB from Indiana. Not even on the same par as far as opponents go.

Okay.

So does that make him a worse player?
And when would you be able to find that out or not?

Nah,

just makes him a project and we'll find out in a several years.
He'll probably be a superstar, but I just don't see it. I guess I just haven't watched him play enough, but a lot seems to come from hype and popularity.

Don't shoot me, but I feel the same way about t. Jackson, but with him, I think its because of the o he plays in and not seeing him in a more pass oriented scheme.

VN Store

Back