Brian Kelly to LSU

Winning isn't the requirement, Les would still be the coach if all it took was winning. This is a major rebuild unlike the last couple of time.

I think we all get “winning” isn’t the requirement……..I mean the last two coaches won championships…………were all guessing it’s winning “all the time” that’s now the requirement.

Hey we can’t knock you guys for trying…….but I don’t think LSU is Bama…….and I’m not certain Kelly will be Saban.

…………were all guessing it’s winning “all the time” that’s now the requirement.

Hey we can’t knock you guys for trying…….but I don’t think LSU is Bama…….and I’m not certain Kelly will be Saban.

The old requirement was competing for championships, wins mean nothing without competing for championships. That doesn't mean win a championship ever year but competing for one.

Its a 3-4 year rebuild, the guy already looks older than dirt... he fits in like a turd in a punch bowl, I don't see it happening unless Saban retires.

but I don’t think LSU is Bama

I never thought LSU needed to be Bama.

The old requirement was competing for championships, wins mean nothing without competing for championships. That doesn't mean win a championship ever year but competing for one.

Its a 3-4 year rebuild, the guy already looks older than dirt... he fits in like a turd in a punch bowl, I don't see it happening unless Saban retires.

I never thought LSU needed to be Bama.

Bold:

I’m taking it that most LSU fans feel the same way. However that’s not the vibe everyone else gets, when you fire coaches who had just went 9-3 and had won a championship and was just 2 seasons removed from the best 4 year stretch in any fans lifetime………then back that up with firing a coach who was just 2 years removed from going 15-0 and winning a championship.

Bold:

I’m taking it that most LSU fans feel the same way. However that’s not the vibe everyone else gets, when you fire coaches who had just went 9-3 and had won a championship and was just 2 seasons removed from the best 4 year stretch in any fans lifetime………then back that up with firing a coach who was just 2 years removed from going 15-0 and winning a championship.

Coach O is something of a special case in that tale. He was a perfect fit for the culture, and did win.

The flip side, he is not very bright and extremely high maintenance. After awhile, that just wears people down.

Coach Kelly is also high maintenance, but I think he is smart. He'll adapt his system to fit the higher level of talent that LSU offers.

Bold:

Yeah, it seems that way.

LSU did okay until they started working to make the cookie monster fail, it was/is intentional acts.

Les's time was done, the 8-10 win seasons were going to be sub-7 fairly quickly. Les was treated well all in all. It was over though. 10+ years and its generally time to move on.

The cookie monster was treated about as bad as any coach has been in college football history by the administration.

It was highly unlikely but still possible ND could have somehow squeezed into the playoffs.

Sorry, unacceptable, you must renounce your allegiance to LSU, ask for forgiveness for years of transgressions, and make a vow of death if you ever make a post not supportive of anything ORANGE. You know, just standard board protocol.
lol thanks. I guess I didn't really know what I signed up for!

No, he's still a grumpy old man.

LSU just named their new defensive coordinator.

First_Episode_Aunt_Bee_10101.JPG
They dug up Aunt Bea to coach the defense?.......What a turn of events!

his total package at ND was around 7 million per media reports. ND being private does not disclose salaries but media have ways to get the info.. I bet he is getting at least 12 per year at LSU
I heard this year it was 8-8.5 million dollars or around that. Which surprised me because in past ND didn't pay as much as other less worthy schools. Pretty crappy place to live 6 months out of year and not easy administration to deal with. I graduated from IU South Bend about 3 blocks from ND during Holtz era. Only time I went on campus was 1988 Van Halen concert!!!!! OU812!

It was highly unlikely but still possible ND could have somehow squeezed into the playoffs.

BOLD PREDICTION ALERT:

Fickell bolts on Cincy and heads to ND and coaches ND in CFP because

Disheartened Cincy (hears Fick is leaving for ND) loses to Houston in AAC Championship Game allowing ND to slide into 4th place in CFP.

#CheckMyStats

VN Store

Back