Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are supposed to be what we can wear for the bowl game. We can’t just change uniform colors at the end of the season lol.

The best looking one is the dark mode top with white pants with the white helmet
Right. I'm just saying it would be nice for those changes. Next year will be a different set of alts.

giphy.gif

There should not be any need for "vetting" since he has been on staff for a long time. One sit down interview and he would sign. Hiring within has its perks---Riley & Day.
True. But a vital part of being a HC is your staff. Some are great at the teaching and scheming but lack in networking and contacts. Pruitt landed the job because of his stated plan…and he delivered after the hire in that area. Friend, Weinke and to a lesser extent, Helton made for future failure in retrospect.

True. But a vital part of being a HC is your staff. Some are great at the teaching and scheming but lack in networking and contacts. Pruitt landed the job because of his stated plan…and he delivered after the hire in that area. Friend, Weinke and to a lesser extent, Helton made for future failure in retrospect.
I agree, but Helton is doing a great job at WKU and Weinke was successful at previous stops. I wonder if it really was more Pruitt just being a horrible HC.

Heupel playing this the way he needs to. Said exactly what he should say. With all the big money being thrown around he has to say just the right things to remind everyone he doesn’t have the big money yet. DW will take care of it when he needs to. Heupel wins 8-9 next year and he gets it.
This is my thought as well, he was given a very big HC opportunity and is on/ahead of schedule in his first year. He keeps that pace and cube next year he has earned the right to negotiate a better contract for himself and assistants.

I agree, but Helton is doing a great job at WKU and Weinke was successful at previous stops. I wonder if it really was more Pruitt just being a horrible HC.
Helton’s doing a decent job but Weinke has no track record of coaching success. Friend has proven to be utterly bad…in and out of Pruitt’s orbit. The micromanaging and overall bungling is a good bullet point.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
This is so dumb. Again, why would a guy leave a top program that he is successfully rebuilding when he holds the keys? This BVS thing is stupid. Tennessee is a top 10 program historically. The money is there to do whatever they want. DW is kicking azz and CJH is his guy. He's already in the SEC, there's no allure going to Norman, OK to rebuild for the SEC at a place he was fired from and the guy who fired him is still there.
So, am I dumb or others dumb?? You and me feel the same way, just may be my reading comprehension lol…

Reactions: JacketVol
I think what you meant to say is "Pruitt landed the job because Fulmer wanted someone to control...".

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back