GT rb Jamyr Gibbs enters portal

If the Vols want to land any of these topguys they will need to find some good $$ on NIL’s.

I’m certain (opinion) many of these guys are transferring for monetary reasons…….probably not that “alone” however that as well.

I would think now during the days of NIL one will have to have good nil $$ for guys to want to come…….right now some teams have it and some don’t…….Tennessee needs to find it.

If the Vols want to land any of these topguys they will need to find some good $$ on NIL’s.

I’m certain (opinion) many of these guys are transferring for monetary reasons…….probably not that “alone” however that as well.

I would think now during the days of NIL one will have to have good nil $$ for guys to want to come…….right now some teams have it and some don’t…….Tennessee needs to find it.
I'm finding I miss the days when a player grew up with the goal of wanting to play for their beloved University.

I’d prefer Zach Evans from TCU……just my opinion, I think he will be a better RB overall, along with being a decent receiving option.

Evans was a 5 star from 2020. He was TCU’s #1 recruit. Over 15 games he’s had over 1000 yards rushing and over 200 yards receiving………averaging over 7 yards per run and over 11 yards per reception.
Why not both?

I'm finding I miss the days when a player grew up with the goal of wanting to play for their beloved University.

Yea

Once the NCAA decided players could make money……….those days were gone.

I wish every player had the exact “opportunities” while no one was “paid.”

Simply allow anyone the “opportunity” to play professionally at any time………problem solved.

As it stands now………the rich simply get richer. The poor (in terms of teams and programs remain poor). Now some players get paid most don’t and everyone puts in the same work.

Why not both?

$$

And I doubt 2 of the top RB’s would each even consider (knowing your recruiting both) while knowing Tennessee already has solid choices at RB………….is there enough $$ and enough carries to go around?? Probably not.

Because of this you don’t do both…….not to mention you probably don’t get either and you definitely don’t “land” both.

From the transfer portal, here's my Christmas wish list - realistic or not:

1. Terrence Lewis - LB
2. Spencer Rattler - QB
3. Jamyr Gibbs - RB
4. Kai-Leon Herbert - OT
5. Eli Ricks - CB
6. Xavier Williams - WR
7. Eric Taylor -DL

Seven is the limit from the portal, right?

$$

And I doubt 2 of the top RB’s would each even consider (knowing your recruiting both) while knowing Tennessee already has solid choices at RB………….is there enough $$ and enough carries to go around?? Probably not.

Because of this you don’t do both…….not to mention you probably don’t get either and you definitely don’t “land” both.
Okay guy

1. Terrence Lewis - LB
2. Spencer Rattler - QB
3. Jamyr Gibbs - RB
4. Kai-Leon Herbert - OT
5. Eli Ricks - CB
6. Xavier Williams - WR
7. Eric Taylor -DL

Why would anyone want Rattler? Locker room cancer imo.

1. Terrence Lewis - LB
2. Spencer Rattler - QB
3. Jamyr Gibbs - RB
4. Kai-Leon Herbert - OT
5. Eli Ricks - CB
6. Xavier Williams - WR
7. Eric Taylor -DL

No I think 32 is the absolute limit.... of course you would have to take zero HS and Juco kids to make that work and of course you have to have seven guys eligible for transfer exit through there. 7 would have to be transfers, but any mix of 25 will use up your initial counters. Do you think all these guys will all pass this staff's character and locker room tests?

Gibbs is a complete stud. One of the best HS tapes I have ever seen.

No, Gibbs was in one of Pruitt's full classes. He has a few years left, I believe, but he wasn't a freshman this year, unless I'm mistaken.

this was his second year at GAT.. with COVID, he gets 5 years but won't stay that long..

I’d prefer Zach Evans from TCU……just my opinion, I think he will be a better RB overall, along with being a decent receiving option.

Evans was a 5 star from 2020. He was TCU’s #1 recruit. Over 15 games he’s had over 1000 yards rushing and over 200 yards receiving………averaging over 7 yards per run and over 11 yards per reception.

this guy is as much drama as OBJ, great talent but a cancer in the locker room

Reactions: BigDave
No I think 32 is the absolute limit.... of course you would have to take zero HS and Juco kids to make that work and of course you have to have seven guys eligible for transfer exit through there. 7 would have to be transfers, but any mix of 25 will use up your initial counters. Do you think all these guys will all pass this staff's character and locker room tests?

67 possible players on roster can return as of today.

there are 16 commitments.

roster sits at 83 currently counting commitments.

likely will lose some scholarships as part of the investigation for 2022.

They will definitely need to weed out players if they take the max of 32 (combination of signees and transfers). 32 gets them to 99 players as of today.

1. Terrence Lewis - LB
2. Spencer Rattler - QB
3. Jamyr Gibbs - RB
4. Kai-Leon Herbert - OT
5. Eli Ricks - CB
6. Xavier Williams - WR
7. Eric Taylor -DL

Lewis - Tennessee not interested
Rattler - going home, Arizona State
Gibbs - Alabama or Ohio St are his top choices
Ricks - looking at Ohio St

Reactions: 615vols

Those days never happened. At least not since the 80s.

I was a Freshman at UT in Hess (shoutout to the Jungle) when Albert Haynesworth pulled up in a $40k Expedition with probably another $5-10k worth of work on it (wheels, tint, sound). Same thing with DJ Fluker at Bama. Brand new car, custom rims. Dude was homeless due to Katrina prior to going to Bama. It's always been like this... it's just not always been this public.

It's like people saying "I don't like how corrupt the media and government are"... like they weren't corrupt as h3ll in the 80s. It's just a lot more obvious and public now.

Lewis - Tennessee not interested
Rattler - going home, Arizona State
Gibbs - Alabama or Ohio St are his top choices
Ricks - looking at Ohio St

JMO - there is no way that UT lands a non-toxic/troubled 4/5* that established programs also want. If anyone saw OSU's pass D, they'd know they'd likely be a day 1 starter there.

Humbling question: why go to UT and struggle to win 7/8 games next year when they can go to OSU and likely win 11/12 and go to the CFP and then basically mail it in for a 1st Round Draft pick because that's what OSU does. When is the last time UT even had a 1st Round pick?

VN Store

Back