LSU targeting Brian Kelly (per The Athletic)

I never said he was hero worshipping. You are the one who ran with that. You also ran with the idea that a 20 year old who would be tried as an adult for any type of circumstance is incapable of making a personal choice even though we see 20 year old college students every year, month, week make choice with alcohol, sex, and drugs and is held liable for their choices. I fail to see where this circumstance is any different. Brian Kelly can be an ******* while at the same time not a murderer like all these morons are saying every time he’s in the news.

I just fail to see why people are so quick to go at the guy when 1) he didn’t use force to make the kid go in the lift and 2) he was investigated and found to not to be a murderer which the masses proclaim he is….

It’s like every presidential cycle when media networks want to go after candidates for having “racists” endorsing them. Racists still have free speech… just because I say racists have free speech rights doesn’t mean I think racists are good people….

Apparently you’re incapable of separating feelings from facts when it comes to Brian Kelly….. seems weird but people get Buck wild behind a keyboard and on twitter. Wild times indeed

1) “I never said he was hero worshipping”…did you not say this: “I know in today’s world, we are taught to worship celebrities on different types of industries or mediums…. However, my safety comes before the worship.”

2) If 20 year old Declan Sullivan is responsible for his actions, why aren’t you holding 49 year old Brian Kelly to the same standard for asking him to go up there?

3) You said he was investigated and said he wasn’t found to be a murderer yet also said earlier in this thread “Just because you get fined for something doesn’t mean you are responsible. If that is the route we are going, OJ didn’t murder his wife and Goldman because the jury didn’t find him guilty….” So wait, just because he was investigated and not charged in court means I can’t blame him at all (and btw he was investigated and him and Notre Dame were fined for safety violations)? Hmm…

4) Bamawriter called Kelly the biggest POS in college football. Nobody actually brought up this situation until you posted “let me guess you think he’s a murderer.” And that’s what prompted this whole debate. When me and bamawriter said we found him negligent you went off about it was Sullivan who should have said no and wasnt Kelly’s fault. So it seems to be you are the one bothered so much about Brian Kelly’s character on a VN message board 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

1) “I never said he was hero worshipping”…did you not say this: “I know in today’s world, we are taught to worship celebrities on different types of industries or mediums…. However, my safety comes before the worship.”

2) If 20 year old Declan Sullivan is responsible for his actions, why aren’t you holding 49 year old Brian Kelly to the same standard for asking him to go up there?

3) You said he was investigated and said he wasn’t found to be a murderer yet also said earlier in this thread “Just because you get fined for something doesn’t mean you are responsible. If that is the route we are going, OJ didn’t murder his wife and Goldman because the jury didn’t find him guilty….” So wait, just because he was investigated and not charged in court means I can’t blame him at all (and btw he was investigated and him and Notre Dame were fined for safety violations)? Hmm…

4) Bamawriter called Kelly the biggest POS in college football. Nobody actually brought up this situation until you posted “let me guess you think he’s a murderer.” And that’s what prompted this whole debate. When me and bamawriter said we found him negligent you went off about it was Sullivan who should have said no and wasnt Kelly’s fault. So it seems to be you are the one bothered so much about Brian Kelly’s character on a VN message board 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

1) Please show me where I said Sullivan was a Kelly worshipper and that’s why he went up there… I didn’t. I said we are raised in this day and age to worship celebrity types. Which for some reason you believe that gives an excuse to not hold people accountable for their own personal choices. Especially people who would be considered adults in virtually every legal case/issue. I apologize if it was confusing and could comprehend my point and took it as being a Kelly worshipper but I never said that.

2) Once again, Kelly can be an a$$hole while at the same time not be the one who made the decision to go into an unsafe environment. Should he have asked him to go up? No. But did he force him to go up? Also no. This is fact and not debatable.

3) You took issue with me apparently having a dissenting opinion of “Brian Kelly is not a murderer”…. He was investigated and found to not be a murderer. When it comes to safety violations that the school received, that still doesn’t make him a murderer or puts an asterisk next to his name. You bringing that up as an attempt to paint him as someone who killed a kid was pretty dumb and you got met with the OJ joke.

4) I went “off” on this debate yet I’ve been pretty calm and cool throughout it all. Definitely haven’t insulted anyone here or try to attack people for having a differing opinion. Can’t say the same for others here tonight.

Oh well. Enjoy your night. Maybe if y’all join forces, you can create a social media movement to keep a “murderer” from being hired at LSU.

1) Please show me where I said Sullivan was a Kelly worshipper and that’s why he went up there… I didn’t. I said we are raised in this day and age to worship celebrity types. Which for some reason you believe that gives an excuse to not hold people accountable for their own personal choices. Especially people who would be considered adults in virtually every legal case/issue. I apologize if it was confusing and could comprehend my point and took it as being a Kelly worshipper but I never said that.

2) Once again, Kelly can be an a$$hole while at the same time not be the one who made the decision to go into an unsafe environment. Should he have asked him to go up? No. But did he force him to go up? Also no. This is fact and not debatable.

3) You took issue with me apparently having a dissenting opinion of “Brian Kelly is not a murderer”…. He was investigated and found to not be a murderer. When it comes to safety violations that the school received, that still doesn’t make him a murderer or puts an asterisk next to his name. You bringing that up as an attempt to paint him as someone who killed a kid was pretty dumb and you got met with the OJ joke.

4) I went “off” on this debate yet I’ve been pretty calm and cool throughout it all. Definitely haven’t insulted anyone here or try to attack people for having a differing opinion. Can’t say the same for others here tonight.

Oh well. Enjoy your night. Maybe if y’all join forces, you can create a social media movement to keep a “murderer” from being hired at LSU.
Do you think “Neaux Murderers” will be a good slogan? (Asking for a friend)

Reactions: zjcvols
I cannot believe we live in a world where a college football makes $15M/year.

I remember when Nick Saban got a 8 year/$32M from Alabama and people about died

Saban is underpaid by 30-40 million dollars per year…… what he is getting paid now would be criminal in virtually any other industry given the results

Reactions: irish1485
Guess we won’t find out will we? Had Riley not bolted, we would have. And you clearly have revisionist history. USC had a job opening and if reports are true, they went out and paid a crap ton to get one of the top coaches in the country. At the time of the Tennessee opening, I said very clearly Danny White should just start going at all the top coaches not named Saban, Dabo, or Day and offer unprecedented money…. Riley being hired here would have been met with tons of hype just like he would had here been hired at Florida or LSU. To argue otherwise would be illogical.
Yes he would’ve been met with hype and I would’ve been happy with the hire because of the optics if nothing else. I think he would’ve been the best hire on paper since Majors probably, again because of the sheer optics and I think he would consistently win 8-10 games a year here. But I don’t think he would’ve done any better at UT than he would’ve at OU when they transitioned it to the SEC and likely worse because of his recruiting ties geographically. At OU he gets and would’ve continued to have gotten 1/3 of Texas’ best recruits and cherry picked nationally. At UT his recruiting geography instantly changes to an area he’s not nearly as familiar with and he goes against guys more entrenched in said geography.

Yes he would’ve been met with hype and I would’ve been happy with the hire because of the optics if nothing else. I think he would’ve been the best hire on paper since Majors probably, again because of the sheer optics and I think he would consistently win 8-10 games a year here. But I don’t think he would’ve done any better at UT than he would’ve at OU when they transitioned it to the SEC and likely worse because of his recruiting ties geographically. At OU he gets and would’ve continued to have gotten 1/3 of Texas’ best recruits and cherry picked nationally. At UT his recruiting geography instantly changes to an area he’s not nearly as familiar with and he goes against guys more entrenched in said geography.

Butch showed it wasn’t hard to recruit at Tennessee, he just couldn’t produce the results on the field to sustain it….. my assumption is that Riley is one of the top X’s and O’s coaches in the country and that his recruiting ties in Texas, Cali would be good combo with pipelines built in at Tennessee across the southeast.

With that said, I would trust him to a rebuild than some of the people we were looking at.

Butch showed it wasn’t hard to recruit at Tennessee, he just couldn’t produce the results on the field to sustain it….. my assumption is that Riley is one of the top X’s and O’s coaches in the country and that his recruiting ties in Texas, Cali would be good combo with pipelines built in at Tennessee across the southeast.

With that said, I would trust him to a rebuild than some of the people we were looking at.
Butch did great in TN for a year or two, and was especially helped out by the legacy guys. When those guys, who all happened to be highly rated guys, got on board it helped the “message”. His 2016 and 2017 classes were worse than his 2014 and 2015 classes, despite both following his most successful on the field seasons. That was a bad trend.

Would be hilarious but I really think with college football landscape changing, they look to Fickell
If the Buckeye job were to open up, who would they want between Urban and Fickell?

So just to get this right, he used force to put the kid into the lift and then forced him to stay up there against his will which ultimately led to a death? Brian Kelly used force against a college student and wasn’t charged with murder?

That’s what he did.
If I am not mistaken he threatened to take his scholarship if he didn’t.
Whether or not ND pulled strings to keep their coach is another story.

Look how much money football generates at these schools.. I don't blame the coaches at all. Players deserve some of that 💰 too

The Mets gave Matt Scherzer $43 million a year to pitch around 30 baseball games.

The college coaches are getting paid nothing compared to most MLB players

Reactions: tbwhhs
Why? It's not like Saban is going anywhere.

I just don't want to follow a sport where a POS like Brian Kelly is the highest paid coach.

it would actually fit the integrity of that sport. It's dirty as hell. Why not go chips in and embrace it?

VN Store

Back