Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure he would want it.
Never shown aspirations to be a DC…or HC. I think he’s happy teaching and recruiting. As far as “keeping him”? That’s never been an issue. He left us to be able to coach DL and left UGA for his alma mater. Since Harsin is an idiot, we benefit from him not being a mercenary. He will get paid.

Heupel is probably enjoying this as much as anyone after he was the scapegoat for the Stoops brothers, then they hired Riley to replace Heupel and Stoops stepped down. Now OU's chosen successor Riley left OU high and dry because he has no loyalty to the program/culture, while Heupel would have stayed there and given his all for forever.
That was the first thing that went through my mind when this news broke also...

Suck it Okie 😁

I just think he’s limited physically at that position

In what way? Listed at 6'7" and 325lbs

Seems to be in better shape than Ollie or Lampley are at this point in the season. I feel like with Dayne a lack of experience and technique were his biggest issues, both you can improve with more reps and practice though.

transfer-portal.gif

Reactions: Bigorange123
So hypothetical…. Who would be a realistic short list for DC if Banks takes a HC gig?
I’d look at the Mississippi State DC Zach Arnett. Very young guy from San Diego state runs a 3-3-5 defense and is very aggressive with playcalling. He basically held the fort down for them at State past few seasons even without much talent and his defenses at SDSU were phenomenal

Reactions: SoilVol

Seems to be in better shape than Ollie or Lampley are at this point in the season. I feel like with Dayne a lack of experience and technique were his biggest issues, both you can improve with more reps and practice though.

I'll give you the argument that Dayne is potential better than Lampley and Lane based on what we've seen so far. Doesn't mean all three shouldn't be anything more than depth. Let's get some plug and play OL from the portal and have plenty for next season.

Doubt Riley gives two *****. I’d pay 10x that CA income tax to get the **** out of Oklahoma.
What is so bad about Oklahoma? Have you been to LA lately, I have been there twice this year and it is the most disgusting and unsafe feeling place I've ever visited, with San Francisco a very close second.

So hypothetical…. Who would be a realistic short list for DC if Banks takes a HC gig?
I also like the idea of Mike Tressel DC at Cincinnati.. he was DC under Dantonio at Michigan State for awhile had great defenses. Went to Cincinnati under Fickell and they’ve improved. He’s the nephew of the famed sweater vest Former Ohio State HC Jim Tressel Also relatively young at 47

Reactions: barrylee

I hope you're right, he definitely has the size, and I'm pulling for him, but he seems to be as slow twitch as it gets...but maybe it is just because he is learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back