Riley to USC…the inevitable Josh Heupel to OU freak out thread

This may explain why LSU is cozying up to Mark Stoops lately.

And in all the backwash, someone is going to snatch up Dan Mullen. Maybe not a heavyweight, but a Kentucky or Va Tech.
Stoops would do well there

Reactions: Jaws
Agreed. He's not stupid. All he has to do is look at how badly Kiffin wants to be back in Knoxville. He's seen the energy this fanbase and program have. He'd be an idiot to walk away at this point. He has ZERO pressure/expectations. All he has to do is keep progressing and he's a king here. Go to OU and they'll expect the playoffs every year. Like I said...he's not stupid....I hope.

Agreed.

There’s no reason he should leave unless he’s just home sick and wants to be back home.

There’s still more improvement to be made here and if anyone can do it, Heupel can.

Anybody on here saying this couldn’t happen are fooling themselves. Now do I think it’ll happen, probably not and hopefully not.

Reactions: ACvol3
Not to discredit either program, both great, but OK for USC seems like a lateral move for Riley. Scared that he won’t sustain the same level of success in the SEC perhaps?

I think that’s exactly what it is. Granted I do think the ceiling at USC is higher (only slightly) than at Oklahoma.

He had a Clemson type path to the playoff and they changed that on him. USC gives him that kinda path again. The only difference is he has to build USC because he didn’t inherit a well oiled machine like he did at Oklahoma

He had a Clemson type path to the playoff and they changed that on him. USC gives him that kinda path again. The only difference is he has to build USC because he didn’t inherit a well oiled machine like he did at Oklahoma
It won’t take long

VN Store

Back