Riley to USC…the inevitable Josh Heupel to OU freak out thread

a lot of folks out here just like to watch a pot boil. dana holgorsen is a better okie option than coach hype.

Let's all take a regular breath - not even a deep one - and not act like a bunch of high schoolers gossiping in the parking lot. We don't need to "put down" Heupel as being unworthy of consideration. We don't need to rationalize why this thing will happen or that thing won't happen. Anyone who knows anything about Heupel's actual mindset, or Oklahoma's mindset, sure as hell wouldn't be posting about it on here. So, let's just carry on. This is college football.

This may explain why LSU is cozying up to Mark Stoops lately.

And in all the backwash, someone is going to snatch up Dan Mullen. Maybe not a heavyweight, but a Kentucky or Va Tech.
I still think the guy can coach....and I will forever think his team quit on him... why I don't know...one game maybe...but cmon Missouri...South Carolina...and Samford....that's hard to believe 3 off games for 3 very much less talented teams

Reactions: Jaws
Heck I'm in for another coaching search. Its the most excitement the teams had the past decade outside of dobbs, Jennings kamara

Reactions: KennyMayne
Initial reaction, I’m not worried about Hype leaving. Has a great relationship with Danny White and he’s going to get plenty of latitude considering where this program has been. Already rebuilding it the right way. OU cut Hype loose not so long ago. Sure, different admin and coaching situation out there now, but “going home again” is maybe more treacherous than just being the new guy at a different program. I’m not sure what it says that Riley is leaving for USC, but I don’t think it says much that’s good considering the wreck USC has been lately. Just me surmising though.

VN Store

Back