Tiyon Evans officially has entered transfer portal

If people are worried about this being a distraction for Vandy, that's sad. We're gonna boat race those Nashville punks with or without this dude. I'd bet his teammates have known about this for a while.

Reactions: rocytop2624
Who is worried about a distraction ? Its ony one of the worst teams in college football were playing
A team that Ole Miss only beat by 14 points last week that is playing much better after they swapped QBs. This game is Vandy’s bowl game. If nothing else, we’ve seen the last few seasons that no game is an automatic W. That being said, CJH has had the team focused and ready to beat the teams we’re supposed to beat handily every game so far this season, so I expect the team to take care of business tomorrow like they should.

they will not have an issue with getting 7 players to be replaced. there are going to be more transfers happen after tomorrow. Its a question if Tennessee is going to want that many transfers or just rely on high school / juco signees. Lot depends on how many leave (transfer and graduate) and how many they need to get to 85. Right now, getting to 85 appears to not be an issue and will need quite a few to leave.
What about the free year kids they still count against the 85?

How many more years does he have to play ? I assume it is one - but I could be wrong - he is a baller, but he is also replaceable - he should seek out a smaller school, very little scrutiny where there is no requirement to actually try to be a student-athlete. Sounds like he wasn't down with the student part.

So at what point do we toss the "student athlete" model?

Many here hate the NCAA restrictions. Who wouldn't? When do we just "tear off the band-aid" and admit, especially with NIL, these players are pro athletes, not student athletes, and re-brand D1 athletics as Developmental pro leagues?

It's been a poorly kept secret for decades that high quality athletes are getting paid in college and NIL is quickly (see: Ewers at Ohio State or Young at Bama) how silly the "student athlete" model is in today's market.

Let's ditch the NCAA, affiliate the teams with the NFL as developmental squads and get academics out of the picture.

You could but the money would start drying up. Who wants to pay the big dollars to go to games for minor league teams? Minor league baseball games are fun but also cheap. I will start spending money elsewhere if this happens on the scale you are proposing. I am not saying you are wrong but the product would be cheapened and would lose its luster if this happened. I would rather spend what is spend on UT and go to Braves and Hawks games and see the real pros.

It seems to me this could be one of those blaring red lights with a siren going off. not saying it is sort of things, just could be. If you can't keep your featured RB happy, wth??? It seems we have the usual condemnation of the youngster and his talent immediately jumping into he had none or was no good or will be pumping gas at age 40 stuff. Lots of VN denial possibly in here, just sayin' . I recall another featured Vol RB was unhappy and left and it was just the beginning of the wheels falling off the program for that coach. Heupel has promise, but he ain't close to all that yet, getting blown out by Bama, UGA, and Florida is not what leads to a future as a Vol HC of football.
Disagree with most of this post. Can’t keep your featured RB happy. How is that the case?

You could but the money would start drying up. Who wants to pay the big dollars to go to games for minor league teams? Minor league baseball games are fun but also cheap. I will start spending money elsewhere if this happens on the scale you are proposing. I am not saying you are wrong but the product would be cheapened and would lose its luster if this happened. I would rather spend what is spend on UT and go to Braves and Hawks games and see the real pros.
"Go to games".....how quaint. TV money is where it's at and while fans in seats is nice, it's no longer essential for the SEC or B1G revenue stream.

I think there's the short term "they've ruined football" clamor but we've seen that over the years with bowls going down to the CFP, various realignments and schools jumping conferences, and the NIL.

The student athlete model is broken for elite schools. MOST colleges can stay with an organization like the NCAA but truly elite schools could "up their profile" by being affiliated with the NFL AND get more talent to their schools.

If you want to follow college football, it'll still be there but schools like Bama and Ohio State, most notably, are a cut above year after year. There's no reason for the SEC and B1G not to leverage their superiority to further increase brand strength.

I think Evans is a little put off by the progress Wright has made with playing time in his absence.

Plus if grades are really a factor I'm not sure how transferring helps that...unless transferring is just a PC way of saying I quit to try to work out and maybe get a combine invite...

I think Evans is a little put off by the progress Wright has made with playing time in his absence.

Plus if grades are really a factor I'm not sure how transferring helps that...unless transferring is just a PC way of saying I quit to try to work out and maybe get a combine invite...

IMO, Tiyon Evans will not play any more football on any level. He doesn't have enough interest to do the things that will make him a better player. He will likely end up in a Amazon distribution center..

If UT thought the NIL didn't start until next year...or were behind the 8 ball on the NIL then how did Fulkerson get a deal back months ago? I don't buy this........UT didn't know stuff.

TB is FOS, UT was the first P5 school to offer NIL classes and counsel to the players already enrolled. We got all sorts of accolades for that, to say they were blindsided by the NIL is flat out wrong.

Reactions: SGMVols
TB is FOS, UT was the first P5 school to offer NIL classes and counsel to the players already enrolled. We got all sorts of accolades for that, to say they were blindsided by the NIL is flat out wrong.
Agree.......That's my point but so many treat it as gospel.

You don’t have to be in good standing to transfer, but you do have to be in good standing to be eligible to play where you transfer.
Just read this on another site..

One-Time Transfer Exception Criteria for 2021-22 Enrollment
Q1:
What criteria does the student-athlete need to meet in order to utilize the new Division I one-time exception to seek immediate transfer eligibility?
A1: In order to meet the criteria of the one-time transfer exception, the student-athlete must:
• Transfer from a four-year collegiate institution to an NCAA Division I school;
• Leave their current four-year school academically eligible;
• Have not transferred previously from another four-year institution, and
• Certify in writing, along with their new head coach, they did not have direct or indirect communication with the new school’s athletics staff prior to entering the NCAA Transfer Portal.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Transfer/OneTime_Transfer.pdf

Just read this on another site..

One-Time Transfer Exception Criteria for 2021-22 Enrollment
Q1:
What criteria does the student-athlete need to meet in order to utilize the new Division I one-time exception to seek immediate transfer eligibility?
A1: In order to meet the criteria of the one-time transfer exception, the student-athlete must:
• Transfer from a four-year collegiate institution to an NCAA Division I school;
• Leave their current four-year school academically eligible;
• Have not transferred previously from another four-year institution, and
• Certify in writing, along with their new head coach, they did not have direct or indirect communication with the new school’s athletics staff prior to entering the NCAA Transfer Portal.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Transfer/OneTime_Transfer.pdf
Screenshot_20200604-213537_Google.jpg

Disappointing because he’s a real talent, but who’s to say his inability to stay healthy improves?

I sure hope Heupel & Co focus heavily on the transfer portal. This is fastest way back to competing at a high level.

If Tiyon wants to go,for whatever reason,let him.If it's going to class,or the NFL,best of luck to him.He gave us some thrills and helped start the blowout of Mizzo with that 93 yard run.If it weren't for that run,we'd never have seen Ollie running with his arms raised ala Kiffin.

He’s nothing but a career crap stirring grifter. That guy goes home every day and laughs his ass off at all the stupid fans and businesses that give him money.

VN Store

Back