Tiyon Evans officially has entered transfer portal

Well.., for me, three things. The best of luck to Tiyon wherever he goes. In the link below, I see the words "intention to enter the portal" and "weighing his options." My advice and desire is that he leave immediately. Of all the times in the season, now is the most irreverent time for such an announcement. The honorable thing to do now, is to pack up and get out, and may a kind fate follows him.

Who do you think he is "distracting"? I expect it is only we reactionaries here on VolNation.
The players have probably known this was coming, but you typically don’t see announcements like this from players or coaching changes the day before the last game of the regular season against an in-state rival for a reason. I just see no benefit from him doing it now instead of after the game tomorrow.

So how does this work? Will we get an extra spot for him? Or did he leave too early?
Too early. Dec 19 is the target date.

Is it safe to say that someone in the UTAD has surely been tasked with creating a memo informing all scholarship athletes of Portal Rules? ...and how to not screw your teammates or the program!

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out you loser. There’s no “ ME” in Team and you are the ultimate Me type of player we dont need. Hope we never see “VFL” next to your name
He definitely quit on the team and didn’t bother attending classes. He was quietly suspended due to academics. He’s no VFL for sure.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
Being recruited over? Realizing he’s not going to be “the man” at UT?
This ain't it. He is good enough to start. Not sure what this is about most backs like a partner a 2 headed backfield and when he was healthy he was good unless he knows Hendon isn't coming back and the oline will be different or he don't like the rumors. But I'm sorry this feels like it's all about money it's a money grab he will go to who will pay him more and get ready for the NFL.

Is it safe to say that someone in the UTAD has surely been tasked with creating a memo informing all scholarship athletes of Portal Rules? ...and how to not screw your teammates or the program!
Has to come up in conversation. And the date may be Dec 15. In Evans case, if the academic rumors are true, he could have been under the wringer to make a decision before being ruled ineligible.

Well.., for me, three things. The best of luck to Tiyon wherever he goes. In the link below, I see the words "intention to enter the portal" and "weighing his options." My advice and desire is that he leave immediately. Of all the times in the season, now is the most irreverent time for such an announcement. The honorable thing to do now, is to pack up and get out, and may a kind fate follows him.

I don't wish the best to players who are given playing time and voluntarily leave our program. This isn't a Harrison Bailey situation. This is a Jalen Hurd situation. He fit our system well. We gave him the ball when he was healthy. Then he walks out on his team. No,
I don't wish a guy like that well. I hope his next stop sucks and he regrets leaving

doesn't like going to class. Very likely not eligible for bowl game and would not have been for next year.

misses his kid and homesick.

He likes the staff and likes his team mates. Happy in the offense. Has been hurt. Just doesn't like the school part.

Academics could be an issue for him going elsewhere. Most likely ends up at a UT-Chattanooga type school if he plays at all in the future.

In 50 years of following the Vols and college football have seen things like this hundreds of times. Some kids just don't have the desire to commit to what it takes to be a big time or even a small time, college football player. No reason to think Evans will change.
Missed his family, so he went home for Thanksgiving and decided not to come back?

If he is not officially in the portal (but just announced) I wonder if the timing works for us to get a scholarship to replace him.

Wow. This will raise some eyebrows. You have to wonder if this is because of some NIL deal he can get somewhere else.

He had opportunities at Tennessee to look into and get NIL deals. Had at least two meetings scheduled to discuss them and he didn't bother to even show up. At some point, you have to engage if you are interested in playing college ball and that means doing everything you are asked to do to make it happen.

I will be very surprised if he ends up playing anywhere in 2022. You have to want to.

VN Store

Back