Kyle Rittenhouse - The Truth in 11 Minutes

It depends on where he falls on the attempted rapist continuum....

It's scary because luther has daughters.
But I also have a son. I've known a number of untrustworthy, vindictive, lying girls. I've witnessed a number of times when a female has lied in an attempt to get a male in trouble.
But then again, I've been around tens of thousands of teens over the years.

Enjoy...
McDad said:
Would a woman be justified in shooting and killing a rapist once he attacked her?
Luther:
I'm bored, so I'll go.
There would be a point on the continuum where it would move from unjustified to justified.
Would have to have more details about the "attack" and how he came to be declared a "rapist".

Ahh yes, the old continuum. Very enlightening.

He was, had that skateboard made contact with his temple he was literally an inch away from death.

Surely you see how absurd your threshold for justification is.

Everything he spews is absurd……and no they don’t realize any of it. There’s literally people like this throughout society which is just as scary as the person that ran people over at the parade.

But I also have a son. I've known a number of untrustworthy, vindictive, lying girls. I've witnessed a number of times when a female has lied in an attempt to get a male in trouble.
But then again, I've been around tens of thousands of teens over the years.

Yes! I have seen this several times over the years. In one extreme case I had a friend who started dating this girl. He was 20 years old at the time. He would bring her around she was attractive and very likable. Well, come to find out she lied about her age. She was only 13, but looked every bit of 18 years old. He ended up getting arrested for statutory rape and did at least some jail time, all because this girl lied to him.

I am not wordsmithing. It is an important distinction.
I get the distinction. But it IS wordsmithing. By not saying someone is guilty, they are confirmed innocent. If you are presumed innocent in every trial unless proven guilty, and a not guilty verdict is subsequently rendered... that is a verification of that innocence. If that is not true, then their presumption of innocence is a lie.

I'm pretty sure when the phrase most commonly used is "Innocent until proven guilty" there is literally no need to be "proven" innocent. If you start out presumed innocent from a defense perspective what is there to prove...extra double special innocent? A finding of "not guilty" is basically having the charges leveled by the prosecution found insufficient for guilty verdict.

I know it can turn into a bit of a word salad but do you get how the above works? The onus isn't on the defense to prove innocence (and that's a damn good thing, with the presumed innocence and all) but rather on the prosecution to sufficiently override that presumption.
I get what his problem with this particular discussion is however. CWV is saying that he was not proven innocent (he was not proven guilty). That leaves the door open for more legal proceedings and the continuation of the legal processes against KR (or anyone rendered not guilty) Gee.... how convenient. Guess who benefits from all that? Certainly not the person rendered 'not guilty'.

There was actually a study last year linking liberal thought to mental illness and the more liberal you were, the more likely you were to suffer mental illness. It was shockingly high. Some of the "root causes" were a disconnect between reality and what some liberal news networks peddled. One example was CNN and other networks repeatedly showing "peaceful protests" in their coverage while buildings burned in the background. This creates conflict in liberal minds because what they want to desperately believe is not reality and can easily be seen as false. Another example was when liberals see aborted fetuses and try to dismiss them as non human. Fascinating study to say the least.
Every liberal I know is on some sort of antidepressants.

There was actually a study last year linking liberal thought to mental illness and the more liberal you were, the more likely you were to suffer mental illness. It was shockingly high. Some of the "root causes" were a disconnect between reality and what some liberal news networks peddled. One example was CNN and other networks repeatedly showing "peaceful protests" in their coverage while buildings burned in the background. This creates conflict in liberal minds because what they want to desperately believe is not reality and can easily be seen as false. Another example was when liberals see aborted fetuses and try to dismiss them as non human. Fascinating study to say the least.

Activity on this board would support the study.

I get the distinction. But it IS wordsmithing. By not saying someone is guilty, they are confirmed innocent. If you are presumed innocent in every trial unless proven guilty, and a not guilty verdict is subsequently rendered... that is a verification of that innocence. If that is not true, then their presumption of innocence is a lie.

But that is not what is proven. Presumption does not equal proof.

Hate to derail the thread (not really), but I notice fairly regular comments about alter egos. Anyone care to list their thoughts on who is an alter for who?

evillawyer is most certainly OuterBanksVol

Can tell a lot by posting habits/hit and run posts/etc

IMO, Rittenhouse would have had to be beaten an inch away from death by the skateboard for the gun usage to be justified. The threat of a skateboard is not enough.

How many times do you believe a grown man can hit you in the head with a skateboard before you suffer serious injury or death?

Also why do you defend the aggressors use of a weapon (skateboard) but not the defendant?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
How many times do you believe a grown man can hit you in the head with a skateboard before you suffer serious injury or death?

Also why do you defend the aggressors use of a weapon (skateboard) but not the defendant?
We are clearly speaking only to my opinion which I think has constantly gotten lost. I think SD force should match equal force. I also think context matters in these situations.

To specifically answer your question, if you are standing there and I take a swing at your head unexpectedly I think there is a chance I could inflict serious damage. IMO, that is not what happened in the Huber situation.

It depends on the situation/circumstance. Am I running up to you on the ground and you see me coming?

This all started because I was asked my opinion. If I were asked about the Arbery situation, I’d question just as profusely for William Bryan.

VN Store

Back