Brent Cimaglia

Some of y’all hating me for posting about a guy who left UT probably have posts on here hating on Eric Gray, To’oTo’o, Wanya Morris, etc…so just stop unless you’re going to defend those guys too
Brent was a grad transfer… the others were not. Pretty simple.

Reactions: volsofsteele
Commitment and loyalty are terms we throw around but for the most part programs are all about money and doing what’s best for the bottom line. Kids have to do what’s best for themselves as well.

You have stated well and I understand.

From my perspective, there is no commitment or compass any more in our culture and I’m not a fan. Whatever people want to say, do, or believe is fine. I am going to miss those days where a person stands for something bigger than self and honors commitment and a moral code.

I coach travel baseball at the highest level for 12-14 year olds and it’s completely out of control. Kids jump teams in the middle of the season because mom and dad are unhappy that their golden child moved down 3 spots in the batting order, or had to sit an inning, or thought I yanked their pitcher too quick. We are teaching kids today that if even the slightest thing doesn’t go your way, cut and run. So I hear ya, these kids are destined to struggle in the workforce when they are adults.

To rank would miss the Point. It is all about Jesus.

EDIT: That is simply my belief system and I respect the beliefs of others as long as they don’t infringe on mine

I'm with you (not that I have always lived up to that standard) but every other decision becomes an application of the first.

Reactions: AdoptedVOL
Not sure why you’d EVER leave Tennessee to go to Georgia Tech…

We’re going bowling, his college career is over Saturday.

Kicker…no excuse to transfer due to coaching. They aren’t even at practice 80% of the time with the team.

Good riddance.

11-15
Missed 3 extra points.

Go Vols.
So what leave the kid alone.

Kicker…no excuse to transfer due to coaching. They aren’t even at practice 80% of the time with the team.

Good riddance.

11-15
Missed 3 extra points.

Go Vols.

In my book, he is a VFL.....

I coach travel baseball at the highest level for 12-14 year olds and it’s completely out of control. Kids jump teams in the middle of the season because mom and dad are unhappy that their golden child moved down 3 spots in the batting order, or had to sit an inning, or thought I yanked their pitcher too quick. We are teaching kids today that if even the slightest thing doesn’t go your way, cut and run. So I hear ya, these kids are destined to struggle in the workforce when they are adults.

I appreciate your work with kids. It’s so important they have positive roll models. Every time I hear a story such as yours I think of that football coach who stopped and gave of his time to put Inky under his wing… and see how that has paid off.

Reactions: The Original Fade

If you created a toxic culture, were losing a historic amount of games, and got caught paying the best players parents to come play for your team, would you still consider any player that left for a different team “abandoning” their commitment

I hate all the guys that transferred IN to UT. They left their teammates out to dry and show no commitment. Mays, Velus, Hooker, McGrath, Tremblay, etc. can never be true Vols! I don’t count any touchdowns or tackles by anyone that transferred in to UT.

Just making sure I don’t support any double standards. I assume you completely agree.
Completely different and you know it. They came TO us, not FROM us. They didn’t leave this team or these guys. I welcome every one of them. You know it’s not the same. Stop trying to play dumb.

Good riddance.

11-15
Missed 3 extra points.

Go Vols.
I thought He got benched .

Completely different and you know it. They came TO us, not FROM us. They didn’t leave this team or these guys. I welcome every one of them. You know it’s not the same. Stop trying to play dumb.

Wrong. It's exactly the same once you take off your orange colored glasses. YOU should stop playing dumb. Maybe you're not "playing"?

Correct, silly you for covering for a guy who stood up every one of his teammates that stayed. He jumped shipped when times got tough. Period.
You are clearly a follower. Never had an original thought in your life. Either that, or you're about 14. These kids don't owe you 1 single thing.

Wrong. It's exactly the same once you take off your orange colored glasses. YOU should stop playing dumb. Maybe you're not "playing"?
Dude, I don’t give a rats a$$ about other schools. I care about UT. No one else. You come to us, you’re in. You leave, you’re gone. What are you missing?

You are clearly a follower. Never had an original thought in your life. Either that, or you're about 14. These kids don't owe you 1 single thing.
You’re 100% correct, they don’t, however, as a letterman at UT, the “family” culture is a lot deeper than you realize. Once you leave, goodbye.

If you created a toxic culture, were losing a historic amount of games, and got caught paying the best players parents to come play for your team, would you still consider any player that left for a different team “abandoning” their commitment

My comment was more geared towards a generation of kids and parents with a mentality, not specific to the transfer portal

Good riddance.

11-15
Missed 3 extra points.

Go Vols.

This is the kind of stupid post and stuff that gives UT fanbase a bad reputation. This is utterly stupid. You don't know the reason he left or anything. Just being a idiot for no damn reason.

Correct, silly you for covering for a guy who stood up every one of his teammates that stayed. He jumped shipped when times got tough. Period.
Lighten up Francis. You have no clue what Cinaglia's reasons for transferring were..

Good riddance.

11-15
Missed 3 extra points.

Go Vols.

To get a better Graduate degree in his field of study.

Why do fans have to get so butt hurt over who isn’t here? Peeps come and peeps go. Let’s worry and fret over the ones we do have.

You’re 100% correct, they don’t, however, as a letterman at UT, the “family” culture is a lot deeper than you realize. Once you leave, goodbye.
Maybe to fans who never did anything. Ignorant fans. These dudes have many friends that are still on these teams. Your "family" delusion is childish. When people leave, grownups and mature people bid them good luck.

Maybe to fans who never did anything. Ignorant fans. These dudes have many friends that are still on these teams. Your "family" delusion is childish. When people leave, grownups and mature people bid them good luck.
Says the guy who has never been in that locker room.

Good riddance.

11-15
Missed 3 extra points.

Go Vols.
Because GT is a much better school academic wise

VN Store

Back