Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Well guys, thank you for today's distraction here and in other threads. I've got a heart catherization tomorrow, Thanksgiving travel plans, and a wife on the warpath, so thinking about almost anything else is most welcome. If all goes well I go home tomorrow afternoon with a pressure bandage on the wrist; should they keep me overnight like for something like a stent, I don't even want to think about the wife issues. Worst part is that this is all in preparation for a replacement aortic valve - the first replacement went almost 20 years. The docs say it's urgent, the wife wanted to wait until next year, and it feels every bit like being between a rock and a hard place.

Since I likely won't have a chance to say it later on, HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Praying for you!

May God bless you and your family AM64. Glad you told us about the procedure so we know what you're up against. Try to be positive about the outcome and healing...it has been proven repeatedly to help get good results. P

In case I don't get a chance to tell the rest of the posse later...Happy Thanksgiving to each of my VN brethren. I am thankful to have yall as a means of learning...fellowship..encouragement...and laughter. Appreciate yall putting up with me for years. I have just been in a bad place the last couple years...hope I havent offended yall (except the commies) though i lurk mostly and average less than 1 post per day, I am here every single day to read your posts and learn. I dont watch TV news so this forum is where i learn about most current events. Appreciate yall posting links especially.

Thanks guys and GO VOLS

Well guys, thank you for today's distraction here and in other threads. I've got a heart catherization tomorrow, Thanksgiving travel plans, and a wife on the warpath, so thinking about almost anything else is most welcome. If all goes well I go home tomorrow afternoon with a pressure bandage on the wrist; should they keep me overnight like for something like a stent, I don't even want to think about the wife issues. Worst part is that this is all in preparation for a replacement aortic valve - the first replacement went almost 20 years. The docs say it's urgent, the wife wanted to wait until next year, and it feels every bit like being between a rock and a hard place.

Since I likely won't have a chance to say it later on, HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Good luck 64. Best wishes.

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
I haven't watched any "network TV" since around 2005-2006 when I got involved watching American Idol that year. I believe Carrie Underwood was a contestant then.
I actually watched that season of American Idol. I identified her as the eventual winner on Episode 2 of that season. I could never remember her name, so I just referred to her as "Oklahoma".

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood

You can do it! My father had aortic valve replacement at 78 years old and did fine. He had the open heart, pig valve, kind not the TAVRS they do now. Mick Jagger got the TAVRS for his valve and was up chasing this 34 year old in just a few days:

33150336-8729911-Mick_Jagger_s_girlfriend_Melanie_Hamrick_34_shows_off_her_toned_-a-11_1600066784818.jpg

Last edited:
You can do it! My father had aortic valve replacement at 78 years old and did fine. He had the open heart, pig valve, kind not the TAVRS they do now. Mick Jaffer got the TAVRS for his valve and was up chasing this 34 year old in just a few days:

33150336-8729911-Mick_Jagger_s_girlfriend_Melanie_Hamrick_34_shows_off_her_toned_-a-11_1600066784818.jpg

Mick Jaffer can still catch the ladies

Fishing is frigging expensive. So yesterday I lost only one “lure”. An Alabama rig that I had about $25 bucks in for the rig, jig heads, and plastic trailer kit. And that left me with only one left in my gear 🤬 so I ordered 3x more today. The damn things have 5 unguarded hooks looking for an excuse to get hung on something but I caught only two fish yesterday… both on the A rig. $75 replenishment order on the way 😥

VN Store

Back