Tennessee Lady Vol News

Quick release and a high release ... with his height, it made him nigh unstoppable. If Pissott can study his game, she could be the WBB version. That's a huge IF.
Buekers uses fakes so well, she is very advanced for her age in almost every facet of the game. Her athleticism is elite which not every player is blessed with that quality. She blends that athleticism with the best skills in the nation to dominate.
She will
Compete for the WNBA scoring title in her first year when she gets there. We are seeing the best player in decades, enjoy it even if she plays for another team, she is inspiring young girls right now to become more dedicated and skilled. She is awesome for the sport in general.
Seeing her take the next step this year, I cannot imagine her team losing to anyone this year. She is transcending.

Last edited:
I've often thought that with her height, she could be both a perimeter and inside player, like Bird.
If she has the reflexes to get the shot off super quick and also if she has the hops to elevate a bit. She will also need to have a prepared plan/move for what to successfully do if the fake pump works.

and Bird had a quick release. If you didn't get on him the shot would fly. I heard he shot 300 times a day as a pro. One thing not mentioned also is the ball part of the fake. It's called a head fake but its a replicates the first move of your shot without straightening your legs. It takes a lot of practice to start that shot and then break it off to then drive or draw the foul.
You see, we have common ground, great points.

Wow, that team is not even included in the list of sports at UTSPORTS.COM.

GO TN RUGBY TEAM!
Probably because, as I recall, Rugby is a club sport and not an NCAA sport. When I was stationed at Ft Campbell in the '70s, we had a club program that used to travel around and play at several of the SEC schools, including Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Mississippi State.

If she has the reflexes to get the shot off super quick and also if she has the hops to elevate a bit. She will also need to have a prepared plan/move for what to successfully do if the fake pump works.

Bird had zero hops. No one is gonna be Larry Bird except Larry Bird. But Pissott could be a player who posts up, crashes boards, defends in the paint, and makes shots from downtown and plays on the perimeter, too. That is bird-like.

Bird had zero hops. No one is gonna be Larry Bird except Larry Bird. But Pissott could be a player who posts up, crashes boards, defends in the paint, and makes shots from downtown and plays on the perimeter, too. That is bird-like.
Yeah, but he wasn’t flat footed either, he got some air under the toes enough to elevate the shot

Shooting 44% on two-pointers is awful. Maybe the percentages will even out some and the free throw/three point shooting will improve from comically bad to just bad, but it's really hard to see a high ceiling with this offense even when Burrell returns.

I'm also wondering what the hell the coaches are working on with these players as far as shooting mechanics and psychological/motivation when even the veterans that have been with them for a while still can't hit a free throw...
Beat Texas. Now 4 and 0. Any further comments?

VN Store

Back