The Official #17 Tennessee vs. #5 Villanova Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, ESPN News

Lol what are you watching, we’ve barely thrown into the post today. It’s either been a 3pt shot or a guard driving in
That’s part of why V is defending us so well, we haven’t played the post game but a couple of times and even then it’s 10 feet from the basket

KC isn’t playing good.

What difference would it have made!??
Maybe if he hadn’t sat on the bench for 12 minutes and gotten cold he may have played different. He his his first shot of the game that should have been an and 1 until the Villanova refs changed the call

Wake up call for me as a fan. We have a talented roster, but we’re not as good as I thought. Yes, Villanova is elite, but we’re getting whipped in every aspect of this game. This team has a loooooooooooong way to go to be “good.”
Doesn’t appear anyone except maybe chandler can create their own shot

Reactions: 1985Vols
We were probably down 10 when Chandler went to the bench. Maybe you didn't know that though.

I think most of us were aware of that, but think whatever floats your boat. Bottom line is when you're getting killed, you have to risk putting your best player back out there even of he's dealing with foul trouble. If you don't get that, I don't know what to tell you

Maybe we need to call Heup and try to go no huddle! Whatever it is we are not in rythm, can’t hit open shots, lost all confidence, playing timid, stunned and confused. And there were. Few really bad calls and it seems we are getting called for any and everything and them nothing but it’s cause they are not hesitating and we are. Interesting to see if this team has the will to pull it together and at least play hard to make some kind of run? Will say a lot about playing with adversity!

How are you going to be mad at Barnes for not playing Chandler when he’s not even playing well?
So in your mind he would have continued to play bad those 8-9 minutes he sat? I mean he is our best player and PG, so there was no way he would have helped? He is an elite future NBA PG. how did that 8-9 minutes go for us, but yea no possible way he’d helped us. 😂
You probably think Barnes shouldn’t called a timeout during that time also. I’m a big fan of Barnes and am not worried about this team’s future, but that was a bad half of decision making by Barnes period.
I still love the Vols!!

I think most of us were aware of that, but think whatever floats your boat. Bottom line is when you're getting killed, you have to risk putting your best player back out there even of he's dealing with foul trouble. If you don't get that, I don't know what to tell you

Our best player hasn’t even played well.

Why is this so hard to comprehend?

This one is on Barnes not having players ready. Still November though so not worried. Just need to win one game this weekend.
What a bad take - if we were hitting the open shots it would be a competitive game. Well, if the refs would call it fair

The only good news is it is early season, and there are a ton of new faces trying to mesh. JJJ and Chandler have been very disappointing. Nkamhoua got screwed. They've taken away possibly 6 points on egregious missed block calls. We can't shoot the 3, bricking several wide open looks. Even if you just make a few of those wide open looks, this game doesn't feel too far away.
I can agree with this. Lots of new faces-- need to learn to play together. 3 points are great-- when you make them. We aren't. Chandler really can't be blamed--he has sat on the bench for most of the half.

If you had told me yesterday Nova would have 35 points and shooting 39% at halftime I’d definitely take it and think it’d be a close game… nope

So in your mind he would have continued to play bad those 8-9 minutes he sat? I mean he is our best player and PG, so there was no way he would have helped? He is an elite future NBA PG. how did that 8-9 minutes go for us, but yea no possible way he’d helped us. 😂
You probably think Barnes shouldn’t called a timeout during that time also. I’m a big fan of Barnes and am not worried about this team’s future, but that was a bad half of decision making by Barnes period.
I still love the Vols!!

Has Chandler played well?

Yes or no?

At this point if we don’t get back in it by the second tv timeout just play the freshman and let them get some experience.

VN Store

Back