The Official #17 Tennessee vs. #5 Villanova Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, ESPN News

I have been posting with a lot of anger, but my biggest issue with this game is honestly Barnes. We have shot abysmally. Yes. But, we’re down 19! Chandler hasn’t played since the 10 minute mark. What is the freaking point of saving your best player for the 2nd half if the game is over before half time?

I don’t get it. It’s stupid and stubborn and should be criticized. We need Chandler on the floor and he is going to play meaningless minutes in the 2nd half because we’ll be down 23 and the game will be over. But, yippee he won’t have the 3rd foul so that’s a win!
Your dogging CRB but KC didn’t do squat in his minutes neither offensively nor on D.

All started with that charge call lol
And the other 4, and the raping of our guards while we get called for breathing. But make no mistake, we’re playing some atrocious basketball. We still haven’t boxed anyone out and can’t hit anything.

He's leading in turnovers too
So it’s completely misleading to say he’s responsible for over 60% of scoring when we have 11 points, but not misleading to say he leads in TOs when he has 3 and four other players have 2, and Scovi has played the most minutes, many of which came at PG where I already said he was unsuited to be?

Yay. So you're saying he's the best smelling turd.
I'm saying have awareness of what the hell is actually happening instead making the one guy with any (as little) production the scapegoat.

And maybe if Kennedy didn't go 0 for 5 and 2 fouls he would've been playing.

Reactions: walkenvol
Lol what are you watching, we’ve barely thrown into the post today. It’s either been a 3pt shot or a guard driving in
They will lose a lot of games playing this way. I thought this in the first 2 games. You live by the 3 you die by the 3

Nova now under 40%. They’re not really playing that well either.

They don't have to. When the other team can't score, can't rebound, can't play defense, and turns the ball over almost 20 times in a half you just have to get out of their way.

Pathetic. Have the refs been bad? Yes. But there were a lot of questions coming into this and so far everyone has been answers negatively. ON looks like his old self against real competition. Chandler has been unimpressive, although he was taken out of the game right away. BHH is lost. The sky isn’t falling, but we are far from where we want to be.
I had high hopes too based on our first two games but it’s looking like that was fools gold. While I still think Chandler is an elite player, nobody else on this team is going to keep opposing coaches awake at night

That's certainly the ideal scenario. As a coach, you gotta adjust your thinking as the game progresses, though. Nothing at all was happening for us with him on the bench. Hasn't been good for us even with him on the floor, but Barnes let the game get out hand before deciding he needed to put him back in.

We were probably down 10 when Chandler went to the bench. Maybe you didn't know that though.

VN Store

Back