USA Game Uniforms

I absolutely agree that this looked better on the field and in photos. Those older shoulderpads made people look so freaking huge. More threatening. More bulky. It was a lot more blue-collar look back then. Now it's all stuff that's more form fitting and thinner. I almost want to say that they've changed them over time so players would feel less "invincible" because they were wearing such bulky pads. I may be wrong on that though, it's bit fuzzy in my memory.

Unfortunately, no matter the reason why pads have changed, the modern style doesn't have enough room for those beautiful numbers. Which sucks, because it did look better.

1637346368682.jpeg1637346454766.jpeg

Orange over White and White over Orange are my favorites………🍊 🍊 🍊

images
No stripe

images

images

RTI-Uniforms-Air-show-away-2-1024x1020.jpghttps___allfortennessee.com_wp-content_uploads_getty-images_2017_07_452694643-850x560.jpeg

Reactions: peaygolf
Agree, but I like both ways.

Stripe, no stripe, orange and white, white and orange, all white, all orange.....any of those are better than black or gray.
kinda a like on that post. I'm in the minority, but i did like the grey.

Ridge Runner — USS Tennessee (BB-43)
RTI-Uniforms-Ridge-Runner-1024x1020.jpg

RTI-Uniforms-Ridge-Runner-2-1024x884.jpg

• A steel grey and black uniform to honor the legacy of the USS Tennessee (BB-43).
  • Launched in 1919, the USS Tennessee was the lead ship of the Tennessee class of Dreadnought battleships.
  • The ship was nicknamed the “Ridge Runner”
  • It was one of the few ships to survive the bombing at Pearl Harbor, although ships around it were downed.
  • The USS Tennessee saw battles all throughout the Pacific during WWII.
  • The ship had a large orange stripe at the bottom with a thinner black stripe on top of it. That design can be seen on the uniform’s helmet, numbers, sleeves, and pant stripes.
  • The helmet has a riveted steel warship pattern and texture on it to mimic the look of the USS Tennessee’s hull design. That texture design is also seen on the numbers, sleeves, stripes, etc.
USS-Tennessee-BB43-1943-1080x487-1024x462.jpg

RTI-Uniforms-New-grey-2-1024x1020.jpg

Reactions: Behr
kinda a like on that post. I'm in the minority, but i did like the grey.

Ridge Runner — USS Tennessee (BB-43)
RTI-Uniforms-Ridge-Runner-1024x1020.jpg

RTI-Uniforms-Ridge-Runner-2-1024x884.jpg

• A steel grey and black uniform to honor the legacy of the USS Tennessee (BB-43).
  • Launched in 1919, the USS Tennessee was the lead ship of the Tennessee class of Dreadnought battleships.
  • The ship was nicknamed the “Ridge Runner”
  • It was one of the few ships to survive the bombing at Pearl Harbor, although ships around it were downed.
  • The USS Tennessee saw battles all throughout the Pacific during WWII.
  • The ship had a large orange stripe at the bottom with a thinner black stripe on top of it. That design can be seen on the uniform’s helmet, numbers, sleeves, and pant stripes.
  • The helmet has a riveted steel warship pattern and texture on it to mimic the look of the USS Tennessee’s hull design. That texture design is also seen on the numbers, sleeves, stripes, etc.
USS-Tennessee-BB43-1943-1080x487-1024x462.jpg

RTI-Uniforms-New-grey-2-1024x1020.jpg
Cool, but I just don't like it. I tried, but for some reason I actually hate it.

That said, if the players decide they wanna wear it ....I'll watch and be happy as a pig in sheet as long as they winning.

Reactions: peaygolf
Cool, but I just don't like it. I tried, but for some reason I actually hate it.

That said, if the players decide they wanna wear it ....I'll watch and be happy as a pig in sheet as long as they winning.
The "ridge runner" uni (tinkered a little) would be pretty cool for Veteran's Day (Military Appreciation) game.

My favorite Home combo: Orange on White with double stripe.
Favorite Away combo: White on White (no stripes)
Alternate: All Smokey Gray

VN Store

Back