Attack on Pat

You aren’t on Twitter that tweet had like 10 likes and a couple of comments from SC fans before it was deleted in under 20 minutes

Don't want to hear that though 😒

So we can act like THEY didn't respond to his tweet but they did and the ONE who should have responded and interacts with him on a personal level didn't say a word.

Cut off all of their fingers,then let them tweet with their tongue.Then,they could bite their tongue.when it gets tired.

Don't want to hear that though 😒

So we can act like THEY didn't respond to his tweet but they did and the ONE who should have responded and interacts with him on a personal level didn't say a word.
Maybe she interacted with him outside of twitter. Maybe she was the one to get him to take it down.

Alright to respond but not in a sick perverted way. This person should've been called out by the SC coach and every decent human being that supports that school.

So you get to judge how someone else gets to respond in kind to a shot at their coach? How does that work? Apparently, you're OK with taking a cheap shot at someone else's coach - even a poster here thinks it was a funny joke - but NOT OK with someone else responding in kind? There's only one single right answer to solving nonsense like this, and you're conveniently looking way past it......

So you get to judge how someone else gets to respond in kind to a shot at their coach? How does that work? Apparently, you're OK with taking a cheap shot at someone else's coach - even a poster here thinks it was a funny joke - but NOT OK with someone else responding in kind? There's only one single right answer to solving nonsense like this, and you're conveniently looking way past it......
You think responding about someone's illness and death is appropriate. Exactly what is wrong with you? Sure I judge that type of response no matter who it is. Anyone that does that has something morally and mentally wrong with them. A lot of other ways to respond should never be about death or illness.

You think responding about someone's illness and death is appropriate. Exactly what is wrong with you? Sure I judge that type of response no matter who it is. Anyone that does that has something morally and mentally wrong with them. A lot of other ways to respond should never be about death or illness.

To be truthful, I don't think EITHER response was "appropriate". There is a reason why Staley is sending pieces of the net to other coaches, and those coaches seem to appreciate the reason behind the gesture, if not actually getting a piece of the net. Maybe they appreciate that too, but it is for a purpose.

The response tweet to the initial tweet was several degrees worse than the first - the first disparaged an ACT, the response tweet disparaged a TERMINAL ILLNESS, and anyone with half a brain in their right mind shouldn't need to be questioned as to the appropriateness of it. As it were, your question above was either intended to put words into my mind, or to create a strawman argument. Please don't do that again. People think just because they have a right to their opinion think that also means they have the right to force their opinion onto others. SO, that's where you get the above discourse to begin with, and the entire thing is wrong, to begin with. To say that one part is OK or funny, via arbitrary subjectivity is what caused the whole thing to be tweeted out there, in the first place. You seem to ACT like it offends you, so you should understand this, at the very least. Otherwise, you're just a hypocrite, and part of the problem......

Reactions: shiverz
To be truthful, I don't think EITHER response was "appropriate". There is a reason why Staley is sending pieces of the net to other coaches, and those coaches seem to appreciate the reason behind the gesture, if not actually getting a piece of the net. Maybe they appreciate that too, but it is for a purpose.

The response tweet to the initial tweet was several degrees worse than the first - the first disparaged an ACT, the response tweet disparaged a TERMINAL ILLNESS, and anyone with half a brain in their right mind shouldn't need to be questioned as to the appropriateness of it. As it were, your question above was either intended to put words into my mind, or to create a strawman argument. Please don't do that again. People think just because they have a right to their opinion think that also means they have the right to force their opinion onto others. SO, that's where you get the above discourse to begin with, and the entire thing is wrong, to begin with. To say that one part is OK or funny, via arbitrary subjectivity is what caused the whole thing to be tweeted out there, in the first place. You seem to ACT like it offends you, so you should understand this, at the very least. Otherwise, you're just a hypocrite, and part of the problem......
I would never say anything about any persons health or illness just to respond to any type of other response. I would always find another way to do it. Since you think no one should call them out for it then you certainly support that type of behavior. I will always call someone out for that type of behavior I don't care if you or anyone else likes it or not. It definitely offends me that someone would go so low to make fun of a person that is dead and died of a miserable disease., I am offended to think we have SC fans coming here to defend it. The silence from SC fans and their coach is sad to see keep on supporting this person like your coach does gives us a clear picture of how many low class and immoral people there are still left in the world.

I would never say anything about any persons health or illness just to respond to any type of other response. I would always find another way to do it. Since you think no one should call them out for it then you certainly support that type of behavior. I will always call someone out for that type of behavior I don't care if you or anyone else likes it or not. It definitely offends me that someone would go so low to make fun of a person that is dead and died of a miserable disease., I am offended to think we have SC fans coming here to defend it. The silence from SC fans and their coach is sad to see keep on supporting this person like your coach does gives us a clear picture of how many low class and immoral people there are still left in the world.

well...🍿

This isn't his first post like this and i'm pretty sure his comments on players such as Paige being pushed because of her color is 💩 as well.

Now if it had come from a strictly uconn angle i might say yea they r still the media darlings but Paige is a baller plain and simple. We didn't complain when Candace was the face of women's basketball. I'm sure as hell sure when we got saturated with Aja Wilson all over the place they weren't complaining. So it just goes to show his dumb a$$ mentality and how we will take digs at things that aren't appropriate just to fit his narrative.

I'm actually done talking about the piece of 💩 ... but i am here for the comments 😂

I am a long time Lady Vols Fan who lost his father to Alzheimer's, and I also happen to live in SC. Whether your a fan of TN, SC, or both, there are some places you just don't go, some things you just don't say as a matter of human decency. Pat Summitt's contribution to women's basketball has made it possible for many coaches, including Coach Staley, to pursue their professional goals without limit or ceiling. To disparage and violate her personhood and character, is asinine, mean, and offensive by any stretch of the imagination. As someone who respects what Coach Staley is building at USC and what it means to all the young ladies in this state, I hope that if she becomes aware of this issue, that she will let the world know that this poster's comments, tone, and sentiment is not representative of herself, USC, or the SC fanbase. Yes, sometimes some things need to be let go, but there are those times that some things need to be stood up for, and this is one of those times. If the situation was reversed, and someone person made personally disrespectful or discriminatory comments about Coach Staley, and that has happen in my state, I have and will stand up for Coach Dawn Staley, because it is the right thing to do. Nothing wrong with healthy banter or even fandom hate, but personal attacks is really crossing the line.

I am a long time Lady Vols Fan who lost his father to Alzheimer's, and I also happen to live in SC. Whether your a fan of TN, SC, or both, there are some places you just don't go, some things you just don't say as a matter of human decency. Pat Summitt's contribution to women's basketball has made it possible for many coaches, including Coach Staley, to pursue their professional goals without limit or ceiling. To disparage and violate her personhood and character, is asinine, mean, and offensive by any stretch of the imagination. As someone who respects what Coach Staley is building at USC and what it means to all the young ladies in this state, I hope that if she becomes aware of this issue, that she will let the world know that this poster's comments, tone, and sentiment is not representative of herself, USC, or the SC fanbase. Yes, sometimes some things need to be let go, but there are those times that some things need to be stood up for, and this is one of those times. If the situation was reversed, and someone person made personally disrespectful or discriminatory comments about Coach Staley, and that has happen in my state, I have and will stand up for Coach Dawn Staley, because it is the right thing to do. Nothing wrong with healthy banter or even fandom hate, but personal attacks is really crossing the line.
Thank you. I will continue to respect Dawn unless I find out she condones these kinds of attacks.

Reactions: Volfan2012

This is so well written. Thank you! my post came from a place of disgust and anger having been personally touched by this myself as well. This is a great read 👍🏽

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

VN Store

Back