'22 NC DE James Pearce (Tennessee signee)

What is his off the field issues? Is it grades, is he in trouble? Ive heard he has issues but that's all I ever here, "He has to take care of some off the field issues".

It can't be stated enough that this is his 3rd unofficial and we will still have his official to use later, if his recruitment starts picking up and other teams put pressure on him.
Go Vols!!

I have been here two times with my teammates, but my parents haven't been here so I wanted them to come and see it," Pearce said. "I've been telling them that I like it. Coach did a good job of getting them down here. They wanted to come see it.

"My dad likes Georgia as you can see that he has his red on, but he also likes Tennessee. He wants the best for me. You see my mom has her orange on."

A third trip unofficially this fall is something to take note of as the interest has been sparked by an environment in Knoxville.

"Just the fan base and the environment," Pearce said. "In the stadium, outside the stadium and around campus has been impressive."

Pearce is long and athletic and Tennessee has a need for players like him.

"I always want to do my job and anything the coaches want me to do I just have to get it done," Pearce said.

The entire staff has been recruiting Pearce with coach Mike Ekeler leading the way.

"They are just true and it's a great environment to be around," Pearce said. "All of them treat me like it's home. They tell me to watch the pass rush when I come to the game."

And Pearce and his ability to get to the quarterback is something they love about him.

"I'm long and I get to the quarterback," Pearce said. "What you said about being a need I guess."

Pearce is planning on returning for an official in December.
-VQ

And after seeing plenty of the Vols this season, he said he still intends to take an official visit to Tennessee next month.
“That’s the plan,” said Pearce, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 27 edge rusher in the 2022 class and the No. 15 senior from the state of North Carolina.

“It was cool watching both teams I have offers from, the opportunity to play at the next level,” he said. “It was cool. …

“My dad, he likes Georgia. He’s got on his red. But he loves Tennessee. He just wants the best for me. My mom, she likes Tennessee. … She’s got the Tennessee (shirt). They just want to see the best for me.”

“Hopefully I’ll be in the state championship game in December, so probably after that,” he said, referring to the timing of his official visit with the Vols.

“Everything’s still open,” Pearce said. “But, yeah, I’ve been liking Tennessee. I’ve been liking everywhere. It’s just having an opportunity at the next level.”

He said both Tennessee and Georgia “hit me up” on a regular basis.

“Georgia texted me before the game (Saturday), too,” Pearce said. “They knew I was here, I guess.”
callahan

Joseph’s is a 4 star on rivals. With COVID last year and many not camping folks that rely solely on the stars ranking are making a bigger mistake this year. Joseph’s is a very good prospect and has the ability to help Tennessee that is all I care about. Same thing with Pearce, he is talented and if the staff likes him I like him. GBO!

Joseph’s is a 4 star on rivals. With COVID last year and many not camping folks that rely solely on the stars ranking are making a bigger mistake this year. Joseph’s is a very good prospect and has the ability to help Tennessee that is all I care about. Same thing with Pearce, he is talented and if the staff likes him I like him. GBO!
Did North Carolina even play football in 2020? If not, their player rankings are probably all screwed up. Combine that with a lack of camps, the 2022 recruiting rankings are a pure shot in the dark.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL

VN Store

Back