'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

JG is the only player in history whose high school recruiting rankings continue to soar with every passing year while his on-field performance continues to get worse every year.

He was rated the #1 "Dual Threat QB" coming out of high school that year, so I don't think his rating has soared at all. It is what it was.

1636638997171.png

PS. The #2 rated "pro QB" was Jacob Eason. Who?;)(Another fine example of UGA taking a 5* QB and turning him into a 2/3*).

Point is the ratings are often dead wrong.

Last edited:
That would actually be 25%.

Lol I have no clue where I got 70%. But I also don’t think it’s fair to discuss the hit rate for the top 20 as if they are all expected to be super successful. The top five had an 80% success rate.

That’s what we should be aiming for. Top 5-10 QBs. Not top 20

I’d also add Tanner McKee in there as a hit

Lol I have no clue where I got 70%. But I also don’t think it’s fair to discuss the hit rate for the top 20 as if they are all expected to be super successful. The top five had an 80% success rate.

That’s what we should be aiming for. Top 5-10 QBs. Not top 20

I’d also add Tanner McKee in there as a hit
Recruiting is not an exact science. Yes, if you can load your roster every year with the fastest, most athletic, most physically dominant high school players it gives you a greater chance at success. But there are 101 other factors that can result in the success or failure of those same athletes over a 4-5 year period. There are a ton of players that slip through the cracks every year because they don't camp, and that's just one of the ways.

Recruiting is not an exact science. Yes, if you can load your roster every year with the fastest, most athletic, most physically dominant high school players it gives you a greater chance at success. But there are 101 other factors that can result in the success of failure of those same athletes over a 4-5 year period. There are a ton of players that slip through the cracks every year because they don't camp, and that's just one of the ways.

Sure. But the odds are still in favor of the highest rated players. That’s my point. The success rate of the top players is very high. I made that point because it seemed the guy talking about top 20 QBs was attempting to claim the opposite

He was rated the #1 "Dual Threat QB" coming out of high school that year, so I don't think his rating has soared at all. It is what it was.

View attachment 410946

PS. The #2 rated "pro QB" was Jacob Eason. Who?;)(Another fine example of UGA taking a 5* QB and turning him into a 2/3*).

Point is the ratings are often dead wrong.

So, Jacob Eason transferred from UGA to UW where, as a 2/3*, he was their starting QB? And now, he is on the Seattle Seahawks roster? Me thinks your 2/3* assessment was a stretch.

Sure. But the odds are still in favor of the highest rated players. That’s my point. The success rate of the top players is very high. I made that point because it seemed the guy talking about top 20 QBs was attempting to claim the opposite
You're not wrong. It's impossible to take the ingredients for chicken soup and make beef wellington.

VN Store

Back