Roadmap to beat UGA

TennEddie

There is no way we are capable of lining up and “ pounding the rock “ vs UGA.
Our best chance is to “ spread ‘em and shred ‘em “.
If we catch them in a blitz, and they WILL blitz, check to a draw or screen pass.
As far as defense, all I can hope for is an improvement in tackling.

If we catch them in a blitz, and they WILL blitz, check to a draw or screen pass.

That’s how you beat an over aggressive defense.

Big plays. You gotta hope for big plays. No way you sustain drives against that defense. A couple of turnovers going your way wouldn't hurt either.

Reactions: cgrish
The thing is they don't blitz an inordinate amount and when they do bring pressure it's usually just one extra guy, rarely do they sell out. They don't have to. They get tons of pressure with 4 guys and even with 3. I've seen them get sacks dropping 8. Their defensive lineman win their match ups and the linebackers clean up. Everybody tackles well. Misdirection I think is our best bet, hopefully trick them a time or two for chunk plays and scores. Gotta have turnovers to have a chance. Being at home is certainly better than the alternative too.

There is no running the ball.

Just. Ain't. Gonna. Happen.

OC hopefully thinking dump screens in response to strong DL pressure. Bombs to keep their D honest, combined with quickouts and slants for the money.

Honestly, the odds of us pulling the upset are razor thin, but I gotta say, if anyone could pull it out, Huepel could.

There is no running the ball.

Just. Ain't. Gonna. Happen.

OC hopefully thinking dump screens in response to strong DL pressure. Bombs to keep their D honest, combined with quickouts and slants for the money.

Honestly, the odds of us pulling the upset are razor thin, but I gotta say, if anyone could pull it out, Huepel could.

Missouri was actually able to run the ball a little bit. We are going to have to find a way to get some positives in the run game. You can’t just let UGA drop everyone in coverage.

Tennessee will b able to run the ball if they can pass it. have to take chances passing to get there and pass the ball on first down.
I am so proud of this team and coach. This coach has had a great game plan every single game so watch out. Any game Tennessee has lost is due to scholarship numbers of players - go vols

Reactions: Holys#!tVol1979
Missouri was actually able to run the ball a little bit. We are going to have to find a way to get some positives in the run game. You can’t just let UGA drop everyone in coverage.
I think that was just a noon game and a bit of post-Florida malaise against a horrible Missouri team. They tightened up after the first quarter. I think they'll be more focused on us.

Im
The thing is they don't blitz an inordinate amount and when they do bring pressure it's usually just one extra guy, rarely do they sell out. They don't have to. They get tons of pressure with 4 guys and even with 3. I've seen them get sacks dropping 8. Their defensive lineman win their match ups and the linebackers clean up. Everybody tackles well. Misdirection I think is our best bet, hopefully trick them a time or two for chunk plays and scores. Gotta have turnovers to have a chance. Being at home is certainly better than the alternative too.

I totally agree and 1 more thing we need to blitz and blitz often

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
True, but this is where I think we can create mismatches with their LB's given how we spread our offense sideline to sideline. This is espcieally true if we don't give them time to substitute, set and shift at the line like they love doing. Like many have previously said, the o-lineis going to have to Hooker just enought time to hit that quick read.

incorrect, but lucky for us, coach told you he gets the game. He spelled it out for you already.

Im

I totally agree and 1 more thing we need to blitz and blitz often
Yeah, I agree, we should blitz like LSU did Bama. I'm not sure it will work as well but what have we got to lose? If they score fast, we'll get the ball back fast and have a chance to score.

Thanks Ted

200.gif

True, but this is where I think we can create mismatches with their LB's given how we spread our offense sideline to sideline. This is espcieally true if we don't give them time to substitute, set and shift at the line like they love doing. Like many have previously said, the o-lineis going to have to Hooker just enought time to hit that quick read.
Their linebackers are really fast and run and cover really well. When people say it's a generational defense, unfortunately what that means is there really aren't alot of weaknesses. If there was an easy answer someone would have figured it out by now. It's mid November. I do think we'll probably score more than anyone has but I don't see us moving the ball consistently on them the whole game. Kirby adjusts well too. He's got a goofy haircut but the guy can coach defense.

You can run the ball on a defense like theirs, you just have to guess right and hope your OL plays their best game of the year.

VN Store

Back