While we are playing with house $ this week…

Rickyvol77

And no one expects us to win against UGA, I do believe there is a chance for a few reasons (albeit in the 25-30% range). However I was thinking about the best worst case scenarios of this game.

Obviously a win of any kind would be amazing and cement the “we’re back” this program has needed for so long.

A blowout win is so unlikely but honestly, if UGa came out flat and UT was up 17-24 points do you believe that UGA could withstand the pressure?

A close loss would be agony but honestly I see the “worst case scenario” two ways.

1) UGA simply dominates due to depth and talent and Hooker gets seriously hurt and we lose like 51-7

2) UT takes UGA to the end or to OT and loses due to a bad ref call.

#2 scares me because we have a full blown riot on our hands regardless of how many police and security are there

also if it looks like UT will win in the 4th, will security and police attempt to fight 25k people as they rush the field?

So many possibilities good and bad

And no one expects us to win against UGA, I do believe there is a chance for a few reasons (albeit in the 25-30% range). However I was thinking about the best worst case scenarios of this game.

Obviously a win of any kind would be amazing and cement the “we’re back” this program has needed for so long.

A blowout win is so unlikely but honestly, if UGa came out flat and UT was up 17-24 points do you believe that UGA could withstand the pressure?

A close loss would be agony but honestly I see the “worst case scenario” two ways.

1) UGA simply dominates due to depth and talent and Hooker gets seriously hurt and we lose like 51-7

#2 scares me because we have a full blown riot on our hands regardless of how many police and security are there

also if it looks like UT will win in the 4th, will security and police attempt to fight 25k people as they rush the field?

Gloom despair and agony on me.........

Tennessee offense will probably put up the most points on Georgia all season

They won’t lose 51-7.

When Tennessee is up you can expect two things: Visors will be thrown and playing dirty will become the norm until momentum shifts

There will be bad calls made. It’s the norm these days

When Tennessee wins the flow of crap and tears will be far to much for anyone to hold back let alone the 100k people pushing security back.

FK Georgia, and the spoiled, trust fund, frat boy, rednecks they recruit and call fans.

They won’t lose 51-7.

When Tennessee is up you can expect two things: Visors will be thrown and playing dirty will become the norm until momentum shifts

When Tennessee wins the flow of crap and tears will be far to much for anyone to hold back let alone the 100k people pushing security back.

FK Georgia, and the spoiled, trust fund, frat boy, rednecks they recruit and call fans.
Well, it would be great if we could stay with them close at least through 3 qtrs, just like with Bama. I'm afraid their depth will just be too much for us though. My main concern is Hooker not getting injured, and can our receivers get open against GA's secondary? I would also expect (hope not) that Ga's defense will blow through our OL and not give Hooker time to throw. Short completions would slow that rush down. May not get to watch the game here because the local CBS channel is in a contact dispute with Dish and have removed their channel. Does anyone know if it can be watched online otherwise?

Reactions: A2K and VolBricks
I think Sankey's officiating 'correct outcomes' is problematic for us. The correct outcomes approach will always favor the 'higher ranked' team. (IMHO)

With that said, I am hoping the 12th man offsets that somewhat and we surprise them early and Georgie players start playing not to lose ... and I also know that is a lot to ask.

Well, it would be great if we could stay with them close at least through 3 qtrs, just like with Bama. I'm afraid their depth will just be too much for us though. My main concern is Hooker not getting injured, and can our receivers get open against GA's secondary? I would also expect (hope not) that Ga's defense will blow through our OL and not give Hooker time to throw. Short completions would slow that rush down. May not get to watch the game here because the local CBS channel is in a contact dispute with Dish and have removed their channel. Does anyone know if it can be watched online otherwise?
Youtube TV 7-day free trial and watch it on your phone would be a crafty move

Reactions: Holys#!tVol1979

Watching the game with UGA fans on Saturday...and trying to remain calm after we put up some big points early
anchorman-boner.gif

UGA & Bammer are SEC's ticket to another national title. There is no way the game will be allowed to go UT's way, if it's close at all.

That's why we'll be winning, going away, 48-31.

Our receivers have been open all year.

This will be the key to the game. We have given up a ton of sacks this year. Coah Hype is going to have to do some scheming to give Hooker time. Maybe go back and watch the 97 Sugar Bowl game. FSU had brutalized Wuerffel a couple weeks prior and then uf got redemption in the NC game by scheming him time to throw.

I think the most likely scenario is we still have a game on our hands at the half…within 1-2 scores.

But Georgia pulls away with their depth in the second, and it looks like the Alabama game when the clock hits 0:00.

The positives I would look for here are:

- were we engaged for the full 60 minutes?
- were we able to get guys open and score several times? I’d like to see 24+ points.

Best case scenario… we win
Worst case scenario… we get blown and and key players injured

Sounds like best/worst for about any big game we play

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I don't expect we'll have to worry about a really close loss or storming the field. I do expect our team will not quit at any point, and it has been awhile since I felt that way about one of our teams.

Agree. I can’t stand Ga so just keep playing and hitting hard. Hope we can come out relatively healthy but not at the expense of quitting.

They won’t lose 51-7.

I keep hearing dirty play. I asked for examples in another thread, but got no response. Please give me examples of UGA's dirty play.

So you admit that is a dirty play?
Did you play O line? I did. What does an O lineman do on the backside of a play? He blocks down, which is what happened. That's why there is no clipping on the LOS. Do you have another play out of thousands in order to declare UGA dirty? Do you think Mark Richt coached his team to play dirty?

You can stream it on Youtube.

VN Store

Back