Hurry Up No More

teeball

I do enjoy seeing Tennessee’s offense move the ball and score points. It’s been way too long since we’ve had such a prolific offense. But I’m quickly souring on the hurry up offense because as we all know, it puts too much pressure on the defense. No defense can hold up if they have to play 45+ minutes every game. I’m thinking if Coach Huepel is such an offensive genius he should not have to rely on a gimmicky offense to score points. If Tennessee played a more typical offense using a reasonable amount of play clock the defense might be more rested and have a chance to stop somebody. Having to rely on outscoring your opponent game after game is fools errand IMO. GBO!

I do enjoy seeing Tennessee’s offense move the ball and score points. It’s been way too long since we’ve had such a prolific offense. But I’m quickly souring on the hurry up offense because as we all know, it puts too much pressure on the defense. No defense can hold up if they have to play 45+ minutes every game. I’m thinking if Coach Huepel is such an offensive genius he should not have to rely on a gimmicky offense to score points. If Tennessee played a more typical offense using a reasonable amount of play clock the defense might be more rested and have a chance to stop somebody. Having to rely on outscoring your opponent game after game is fools errand IMO. GBO!

We've had years of going 3 and out with a slow offense. I'll take the points whenever and however we can get them. We'll add defensive depth and talent in time.

Prepare yourself for chronic sour-ness.

We just need depth

At the end of the day our defense has to help themselves by getting off the field on 3rd down. Multiple chances blown tonight on 3rd down.

And hell no, why in the world would we go from this offense? Exciting and hard to stop.

How many lemons did you suck on???

That’s not a problem as long as you have a competent or even average defense. It’s not a gimmick offense. If executed correctly with a little talent you can score big points against even the best defenses.

All they need is more depth and quality on D, via the portal and recruiting.
UT has 71 players, if they had enough defenders to be able to sub efficiently, they wouldn't be so gassed and giving up so many 3rd downs.
Fix that, get a few more stops, and this team turns into something feared.

3rd down defense has been atrocious lately.

36/54 conversion by the last 3 opponents by my quick math.

The point is valid on the offense and TOP but the defense isn't doing themselves any favors either.

All you message board tweetin, finger nail bitin, “oh no go slow we tired” bunch of sissies go on and get!!!

We are ALL GAS and NO BRAKE and we done went up and WHOOPED EM

I ain’t never seen so many little fans shakin in they boots about time of possession and “oh no they tired”

If they tired they need to run more laps! More sprints! More suicides!

Keep up or EAT OUR DUST

VOLS!!!!

We have 71 ball players with our top 7 players leaving for other teams in the transfer portal. They will get better players. I AM HAPPY FOR THE 71 WHO STAYED AND BOUGHT IN TO THE NEW SYSTEM!!! Yes, defense suffers, but at least it’s not the last 3 years where defense stunk and we scored 12 points a game and lost just the same. Congratulations Vols…..

But, did you die?

Screw that, you put as many points on the board as fast as you can - then you get your D to man up and stop the other team from doing the same

The problem is we don't have elite cover guys who can play man, nor an elite pass rusher. Gives the QB that extra second to find a guy sitting in a little hole in our soft zone.

Reactions: jackaro
We couldn’t stop Kentucky even when we were fresh at the start of the game coming off a bye week. The hurry up offense would certainly skew the game in the other teams favor some, but not if we could actually stop them on 3rd down. It was so one sided tonight because our defense just sucked the whole game

VN Store

Back