The Official NASCAR Talk Thread

Denny is the greatest to never win a championship, and I hope it stays that way. Just a total prick. I think Kyle is a better dude, just a fierce competitor. Hamlin is the real POS at Gibbs.
Glass houses and all. I’m sure you’re perfect eh?

I hope he wins even more now 😂

Reactions: gordonr24
Either my stop watch is broken or the cars are slow. I just clocked blaney and the 1 car (can’t remember who) at 32 flat and 32.2 for lap times at Charlotte.

Is that right?

There is a lot more too it than outright speed in my opinion. Formula 1 cars are fast, but passing is not rampant. Then you get into the whole "is it racing or passing" debate. However, if the cars are less aero dependent and can race around each other better, I feel the product will be better. 90% of the people in the stands have no idea how to run a stop watch, but they all can see good racing.

I've seen on twitter today nascar took about an inch off the spoiler. Cars have picked up a half second or so today. Still running in the 31 range.

They got in a pack of 5-6 cars… pitiful.

The only interesting thing I’ve noticed, and it’s not good, is that if you got 3 cars running in order and the 2nd car attempts to pull out and pass the 1st car on the inside going into the corner, the 3rd car in line gets tight and can’t take advantage of the 2 cars in front of them going side-by-side. In the past, that 3rd car would be able to take advantage and maybe close up and make it 3 wide off the corner.

Tell me one positive you see from this? They still can’t run up behind a car in front of them because they get aero tight.

VN Store

Back