Trey Smith sighting

Trey has a huge career ahead of him,saying that my Titans WHOOPED that ass last week 😆 he got abused but that's rookie life it happens....still can't fathom why someone *cough*my Titans didn't snatch him up.Travesty he lasted that long in my opinion.
Even though the Chiefs are struggling this year, he's with a great organization. People need to get over when he was drafted

Reactions: Remy
Trey has a huge career ahead of him,saying that my Titans WHOOPED that ass last week 😆 he got abused but that's rookie life it happens....still can't fathom why someone *cough*my Titans didn't snatch him up.Travesty he lasted that long in my opinion.

If Jeffrey Simmons lined up across from him then

that is a beating every OL is taking.

JS is a beast - just thinking about him taking the BBills Left Guard with him on the way to stop Josh Allen at the goal line makes me giggle

Reactions: TitanicVolz
That's exactly what he did when he pulled and flattened that Bama linebacker, and Crouch walked right into the end zone standing up to bring us to 1 score in the Bama game 2 years ago. Oh wait, the QB found a quicker route to the EZ! Psych! o_O

KC getting this guy in the 6th round is still unbelievable to me.
If I were Trey I would demand a new contract next year.
If Trey stays healthy all signs point to a long NFL career. The Chiefs can approach him from a short term perspective and force him to play out his rookie contract then be forced into paying his full market value. Or they could view him more longer term and offer him a new higher paying contract now for maybe 6-8 years. If Smith continues to play at a high level then it could be better for the Chiefs in the long run

KC getting this guy in the 6th round is still unbelievable to me.
If I were Trey I would demand a new contract next year.

He won't get another contract for another couple of years.If he continues to play like he has,and theirs no more injury issues/Blood clots etc then dude will absolutely be paid as one top guards in the league.

All rookie team comments:

Ja’Marr Chase, Micah Parsons headline Dane Brugler's NFL All-Rookie Team

Interior Offensive Line

Quarter mark: Trey Smith
Halfway mark: Creed Humphrey
Three-quarter mark: Creed Humphrey

Creed Humphrey, Kansas City Chiefs (2nd round, No. 63 overall)

In simplest terms: Humphrey might have had the best rookie season of any center in NFL history. Is that recency bias? Maybe. And to be honest, I don’t really have a frame of reference for rookie centers outside the last decade. All I know is Humphrey was outstanding as a rookie and is deserving of All-Pro votes.

According to PFF, Humphrey is the only NFL player with at least 1,100 snaps and eight or fewer pressures allowed. He started all 17 games and allowed just one sack. Five rookie offensive linemen reached 1,100 snaps this season, but Humphrey had the fewest penalties (four) among the group.

Final line from his scouting report:
Overall, Humphrey is a technician with the reaction quickness, play strength and intangibles that NFL teams target for the position. He projects as an NFL starting center with guard potential.

Runner-up: Trey Smith, Kansas City Chiefs (6th round, No. 226 overall)

Smith rarely left the field for the Chiefs this season, starting all 17 games and finishing fifth in the league in offensive snaps played (1,133). After allowing four sacks in the first seven games, he didn’t give up a sack over the final 10 contests and averaged only 2.7 pressures allowed during that stretch. Not only was Smith drafted in the sixth round, but he was selected with the third-to-last pick in the round, which is extremely puzzling even with his medical concerns.

VN Store

Back