Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jay!
Slightly more urban, but hike the Arizona State mountain in Tempe too. Overlooks the stadium, great view of Phoenix. There are a boatload of amazing trails north and east of Scottsdale, you could spend a week doing them all. That area is just so amazing, something about the desert that I just love.

Reactions: I4Jay
Anyone see the potential drama at Auburn? They have mandated the vaccine and now Harsin finds himself in quite the situation. He hasn’t said if he is vaccinated or not but the way he speaks on it suggest he isn’t… will Auburn be dumb enough to fire a coach that has them started to trend upward?
Southwest Airlines went to war with their pilots over it and stranded people all over the country because of it. Nothing would surprise me anymore

Probably my favorite city to visit, I love that area. So many good outdoor adventure things to do and a lot of great urban stuff too. And most importantly, almost always warm. They have a place called Culinary Dropout that's a fantastic hang out spot for food, sports, and games. Usually those places mail it in on the food, but it's such a good spot.

Yep love the dry heat.
Thanks for the heads up about Culinary Dropout.
Do you have any more spots or places to visit there?

Probably my favorite city to visit, I love that area. So many good outdoor adventure things to do and a lot of great urban stuff too. And most importantly, almost always warm. They have a place called Culinary Dropout that's a fantastic hang out spot for food, sports, and games. Usually those places mail it in on the food, but it's such a good spot.
I’ve been In Florida so long that being able to sit outside in without sweating from the humidity was so exhilarating 😂.
once you start sweating in Florida. Your shirt just stays wet. I hiked all those trails in Arizona and 20 minutes after, my shirt was dry. 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Back in the day, I mean real far back….but not before @InVOLuntary ,we had maybe 3 channels , there was a porpoise show named Flipper, long before flip her was a thing !

I’ll c my way out !
glare-scowl.gif

Does Cedric Tillman have 1 more year with us? I really would like to see him in this offense for another year.

He does. I would expect him back since he isn’t some big NFL draft prospect and due to speed numbers he wouldn’t get drafted or would be a late flier like Jennings. One more year of big production is best way to attempt to make scouts ignore that part. Especially if you can show to be a deep threat which he suprisingly has been.

The listed Seniors on our website.
View attachment 406211
View attachment 406213
I think quite a few of them could return for next season though with last year not counting. But I'm not sure who all that is.

I am confused as well and I’m sure this makes managing a roster tough in a coach as I don’t think the roster exemption goes beyond this year so next year whoever stays counts to the overall number.

Yep love the dry heat.
Thanks for the heads up about Culinary Dropout.
Do you have any more spots or places to visit there?
Sedona, if you didn't stop there on the way to Grand Canyon. You could spend a couple days doing some hikes there, but it's a little touristy for everything else. Spectacular mountain views though with the red rock.
Tom's Thumb was a pretty challenging trail with a good view at the top.
Siphon Draw was a pretty good trail too.
I've heard the Superstitious Mountains are pretty good, that's one on our list for next time we're out there.
Whichever trail you took up Camelback, take the other one next time. The two trails are very different, and the view up top is worth seeing again.

Old Town Scottsdale is the most famous place if you didn't go there already. Kind of touristy, but still a must visit at least once.
Gilbert is a new suburb that's just 5 straight blocks of restaurants and bars, if you want a good bar hopping night.
Modern Margarita in North Phoenix stood out to me for a great fancy taco place, but there are probably a billion good taco places
Little Miss BBQ is definitely the best BBQ in Phoenix of the 8 or so I've tried.

I work in the food business, so most of my experiences there revolve around food haha.

He does. I would expect him back since he isn’t some big NFL draft prospect and due to speed numbers he wouldn’t get drafted or would be a late flier like Jennings. One more year of big production is best way to attempt to make scouts ignore that part. Especially if you can show to be a deep threat which he suprisingly has been.

That’s when boosters need to pay kids… to stay for their senior year. Especially DL and OL. Lots of guys are just better because they’re stronger and not as dumb. Strong and smart 👍🏻.

I am confused as well and I’m sure this makes managing a roster tough in a coach as I don’t think the roster exemption goes beyond this year so next year whoever stays counts to the overall number.

Yep....so really got no clue who has another year and who doesn't.

My assumption is to treat it like everyone has 5 years that was on a roster last season (incoming freshmen obviously don't get this perk).

So then a RS Senior who has only played 3 seasons would still have 2 left. (like Hendon Hooker). But then ya got some folks who have played 5 already. The only guy I'm 100% sure doesn't have any eligibility left is Velus Jones Jr. this is his 6th season in college and he's used a RS as well.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
At some point this staff has to consider moving Jackson and maybe one of Burrell/Taylor to Saftey to get Hadden/Turnage/Slaughter reps. Turnage was Def player of week in his start then hadden with highest pff grade in his. Slaughter has made several noticeable plays in his last two games between injury Mizzu and Bama. I can understand Wanting Tank to continue to get reps as he has had some picks, pbus and plays at times. Flowers on other hand isn’t making the game changing plays the others are making. And his effort at times is lacking

At some point this staff has to consider moving Jackson and maybe one of Burrell/Taylor to Saftey to get Hadden/Turnage/Slaughter reps. Turnage was Def player of week in his start then hadden with highest pff grade in his. Slaughter has made several noticeable plays in his last two games between injury Mizzu and Bama. I can understand Wanting Tank to continue to get reps as he has had some picks, pbus and plays at times. Flowers on other hand isn’t making the game changing plays the others are making. And his effort at times is lacking

And you're totally forgetting about Charles (who played great when he had to go in, but may be injured).

Secondary was our best unit coming in with experience/depth and even I didn't expect to see so much talent waiting to get reps.

Flowers, Taylor, Theo are all seniors so there's a chance we will have an almost completely new group starting next year.

Sedona, if you didn't stop there on the way to Grand Canyon. You could spend a couple days doing some hikes there, but it's a little touristy for everything else. Spectacular mountain views though with the red rock.
Tom's Thumb was a pretty challenging trail with a good view at the top.
Siphon Draw was a pretty good trail too.
I've heard the Superstitious Mountains are pretty good, that's one on our list for next time we're out there.
Whichever trail you took up Camelback, take the other one next time. The two trails are very different, and the view up top is worth seeing again.

Old Town Scottsdale is the most famous place if you didn't go there already. Kind of touristy, but still a must visit at least once.
Gilbert is a new suburb that's just 5 straight blocks of restaurants and bars, if you want a good bar hopping night.
Modern Margarita in North Phoenix stood out to me for a great fancy taco place, but there are probably a billion good taco places
Little Miss BBQ is definitely the best BBQ in Phoenix of the 8 or so I've tried.

I work in the food business, so most of my experiences there revolve around food haha.

Thank you. Screen shotting this.
Unfortunately the 2nd trail to camelback has been closed indefinitely. They had loose rocks falling.
F68984BC-225A-4E6C-AEBD-8DBDC131CE29.jpegC644D517-13AF-4CFC-AC78-19DA6D1E573B.jpeg1DCE4482-4DFF-47DE-8DCF-A5765D4F2210.jpeg729553C9-335D-4B42-B15E-591E4DB6ABF4.jpeg53E9F9F2-FEBB-41A3-B441-7D3C67CD0619.jpeg
Some shots I have on my phone from several of the trails.
My girl is a professional photographer so I leave the good photos up to her lol
btw that’s like a 4 year old elk crossing the street towards us a the Grand Canyon. He was trying to get to these two ladies
C6104B8C-7023-4A33-B956-3D5495B87F82.jpeg
Oh and the crazy tourist getting entirely too close to an elk during mating season
7C30F720-B6A8-46FB-990A-E5D19CD1FCE0.jpeg

Tank to LB Flowers to the bench.

Thank you. Screen shotting this.
Unfortunately the 2nd trail to camelback has been closed indefinitely. They had loose rocks falling.
View attachment 406214View attachment 406215View attachment 406216View attachment 406217View attachment 406218
Some shots I have on my phone from several of the trails.
My girl is a professional photographer so I leave the good photos up to her lol
btw that’s like a 4 year old elk crossing the street towards us a the Grand Canyon
Wow! Nice photos! The elk is especially amazing, that's getting up to moose size. Are you an elk expert that you can identify their age at a glance, or did you rudely ask how old he was? lol

My wife insists on only the most difficult trails. She'll be devastated to hear the harder Camelback trail is closed, we hike that one every time we go to Phoenix.

Reactions: I4Jay
Tank to LB Flowers to the bench.

Flowers is 2nd on the team in tackles. Tank leads the team in INTs. Theo is 3rd on the team in tackles and 1st in PDs.

Taylor is doing a bit of everything, not everyone in the group is going to have a ton of stats. But by the numbers, Burrell has been the one lagging.

1635273443155.png

Good problem to have though...and I think most the guys aren't looking to the portal knowing that Theo, Trevon, Alontae are all seniors and likely going to test the waters for the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back