Tennessee Needs to win out

I've always thought this was a 9-3 roster with the schedule this year. We need to win out now. I am not down on Heupel but if he only beats Vanderbilt and South Alabama to finish, that's a problem. Way to much talent on this team. inexcusable to lose to Pitt, Ole miss at home and possibly UK. I think we pound UK though.
Are you this blind of a homer? Really?

Wrong. 75-80% chance to beat UK. 95% to beat SA. 99% chance of beating Vandy. Stop with the idiocy.
There most certainly isn't a 80% chance we beat Kentucky. That's laughable. Kentucky isn't the same old Kentucky as years past. They are probably a better team than Ole Miss.

Reactions: birdie74
UT is not beating GA but they have a chance at KY like 45% maybe more if they get a long game in MS. so 6-6 maybe 7-5 .
But GA hasnt laid their annual egg yet so as they say any giving Saturday lol
LOL at GA laying their “annual egg”. It does seems to happen every year...hope we are the beneficiary this year.

Reactions: mpfvol
There most certainly isn't a 80% chance we beat Kentucky. That's laughable. Kentucky isn't the same old Kentucky as years past. They are probably a better team than Ole Miss.
I think we match up better with KY than Ole Miss simply because we struggle with running QBs. I am optimistic about the KY game...maybe not as much as BOT.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I've always thought this was a 9-3 roster with the schedule this year. We need to win out now. I am not down on Heupel but if he only beats Vanderbilt and South Alabama to finish, that's a problem. Way to much talent on this team. inexcusable to lose to Pitt, Ole miss at home and possibly UK. I think we pound UK though.

Hahahahahahaha

While I respect your opinion and optimism, let’s remember this team won 3 games last year. And had roughly 30 players leave in the portal. The fact that they come out and are super competitive in every game is a credit to the hard work and competitive spirit of these players and coaches. In my opinion, for the first time in 15 years, we actually have an excellent, smart, tough football coach and coaches. I hope they stick around for awhile.

Reactions: birdie74 and Lurker
I am still not convinced that this isn't a troll post. We need to have a Volnation Prison for people like OP.

9-3 was never a remote option.
If OP is a troll, he's one of the most consistent and dedicated ones I've ever heard of because he's been doing this for years, and always the same brain dead optimism.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
when I say too much talent I mean we have more talent than everyone besides the big 3 and quite a bit more talent than most of those other 9 teams.
We don’t have more talent than Mississippi - and we have less depth than most every team. Ludicrous statement…

Just my two cents worth; I think we will be 7 and 5. I think we beat KY in a close one, embarrass South Alabama, and beat Vandy by at least 20.

That's what big time programs and coaches do. they win out, even when the odds are stacked agaisnt them.
Yeah, we aren’t there yet. We may be getting closer but we just aren’t. They key for this year with a new head coach is to be fun to watch and hopefully make some strides to make recruits take notice. We have don’t that. Anything else is gravy. Now let’s go beat Kentucky and put all out chips on the table against Gawga and see what happens. Maybe have a fake punt ready or a fake field goal. Be ready to go on 4th down and be able to execute. You never know what can happen. Geaux Vols!!!!

If Nationdom is a troll, he is the very rare friendly type. And we could use more friendly trolls around here. Lord knows we have a ton of negative ones from other programs.

But I don't think he's all that much of a troll. I think he's actually about 80% sincere, with just a little self-aware over the top going on.

I like him. You keep doing you, Nationdom. One of you is worth 50 of the IknoxvolsI kinds.

Go Vols!

So you are going to no longer support the team if they lose to two teams ranked in the top 10 (based on which poll you look at) and one of them #1 (Unanimous in all polls). The Kentucky game is at their place to boot. This is supposed to be reasonable and supportive of the team? So, you have determined the coaching staff is unfit if the team does not pull off these two victories. This attitude is what needs to change at Tennessee. This team has played above expectations all year. Yes, the losses hurt. But to predict a ridiculous record prediction of 9-3 and judge the team based on whether they meet this or bust is your fault not the coaching staffs. I am glad you are a fan and not AD. -RJM

So you are going to no longer support the team if they lose to two teams ranked in the top 10 (based on which poll you look at) and one of them #1 (Unanimous in all polls). The Kentucky game is at their place to boot. This is supposed to be reasonable and supportive of the team? So, you have determined the coaching staff is unfit if the team does not pull off these two victories. This attitude is what needs to change at Tennessee. This team has played above expectations all year. Yes, the losses hurt. But to predict a ridiculous record prediction of 9-3 and judge the team based on whether they meet this or bust is your fault not the coaching staffs. I am glad you are a fan and not AD. -RJM
false. I never said I wouldn't support the team

6-6 with the losses we've had to the portal and injuries would be remarkable.

Just beating USCjr and Mizzou is pretty remarkable IMO. 247 Team Talent Composite has us ranked #19 in the country with 3 5* players... only 1 of which is currently healthy and contributing (Darnell Wright).

So I don't know why you think the #19 team in the country with quite literally no depth at OL/DL/LB should have been 9-3.

WE ARE NOT A BIG TIME PROGRAM RIGHT NOW!!!! WE WERE 3/8 LAST YEAR

We are definitely still a big time program which is why we can pull a Top 10 class with a good group of recruiters despite not winning over 10 games since 2007 when the kids we are recruiting were around 3-5.

VN Store

Back