2020 Bama loss vs 2021 Bama loss

1. I meant outside if VN.
2. In 5 years you'll possibly be in a situation where you're trying to remember which game it was really competitive until the 4th Q but you'll have time finding it because the score looks pretty much like the other years.
Nobody will think about this game at all in 5 years beyond the fact that it was a part of the losing streak
A win is a win and a loss is a loss. Beyond that nobody cares.

Reactions: Volsfannn
48-17. 31 point spread.
52-24. 28 point spread.
3 point difference, not really a whole lot of progress bro.

Let me start by saying for all the people who have a problem with the “bs moral victory threads” that someone kindly asked that nobody start: sorry but this is one of those.
I’m not calling it a “moral victory” but I will say this:

The 2020 Bama loss felt awful. It was embarrassing and I spent the whole week with my head down and my tail between my legs.

This one though? It doesn’t feel the same. I won’t be ashamed to be a Vol this week. The difference is that this year feels like we are ahead of where everyone in the world thought we would be. Our boys went into Tuscaloosa tonight against a Saban-led Tide team beaten, battered, down 15 scholarship players, after having been sentenced to death after the CJP debacle and went in there and scared the baJezus out of SaBear and the Bammers. We are earning respect this year instead of shame.

Say what you will: but I am PROUD of our boys and CJH tonight. I feel GOOD. And I think our future is BRIGHT. I’m no sunshine pumper. After last season I was ready to write Tennessee off for the remainder of my lifetime. But this has been an unexpected surprise. I’m excited about football again.
And one should never claim to be ashamed to be a vol.

This has been as A$$ whooping. We had 3 big plays and a blocked punt that led to a field goal. only 10 fist downs. The quick strikes kept us in it for a while but we need many more players to win this game.
The 3 big plays were well designed and schemed by Heupel. The blocked punt was a well coached scheme that was picked up in film.
No question there was a big talent gap— can’t you give credit to our players and coaches for doing everything possible to fight their butts off?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Let me start by saying for all the people who have a problem with the “bs moral victory threads” that someone kindly asked that nobody start: sorry but this is one of those.

The 2020 Bama loss felt awful. It was embarrassing and I spent the whole week with my head down and my tail between my legs.

This one though? It doesn’t feel the same. I won’t be ashamed to be a Vol this week. The difference is that this year feels like we are ahead of where everyone in the world thought we would be. Our boys went into Tuscaloosa tonight against a Saban-led Tide team beaten, battered, down 15 scholarship players, after having been sentenced to death after the CJP debacle and went in there and scared the baJezus out of SaBear and the Bammers. We are earning respect this year instead of shame.

Say what you will: but I am PROUD of our boys and CJH tonight. I feel GOOD. And I think our future is BRIGHT. I’m no sunshine pumper. After last season I was ready to write Tennessee off for the remainder of my lifetime. But this has been an unexpected surprise. I’m excited about football again.
I understand what you're saying. But after the 1st quarter we were outscored 45-10 the rest of the way. Doesn't really matter if most of that 45 was in the 4tg quarter. The final score is the final score.

Bama had the possession of the football on offense for two thirds of the game. Which will eventually wear your defense out. From here on out we can't be allowing a team to have control of the ball that much.

Did the Mays brothers play?

We remembered how close they were to the upset in Kiffins year here.

Without google tell me what happened the next 3 years after that. Nobody actually cares beyond a passing thought. Football is, as it should be, a what happened this year sport. It’s fun to remember the moments I guess. But in reality nobody cares. We beat Bama for a decade and Bama fans are thinking “so what”. If we run off a couple years in a row, Bama fans will say “we beat you for 15 years in a row” and Tennessee fans will say “so what”.
Without google 98% of fans can’t tell you who we played 2 years ago much less what the score was.

Edit: unless, of course, you’re a Kentucky fan. They’ve never won championships in anyone’s lifetime so individual wins are remembered like championships. But even they are subject to the short memory. They will be talking about last year’s win over Tennessee for ever and Tennessee fans will be thinking “meh, you’re Kentucky “.

Last edited:
Just my opinion...this type of offense will never beat a team like Bama. It puts too much pressure on the defense, and eventually they wear down and can no longer make stops. We can't have this kind of time of possession discrepancy and expect to win against good teams.

That said, the rest of the season except UGA should be fun.

This is the only type of offense that can beat Bama b/c if you run a traditional offense Bama will just out talent you.

Spo
Without google tell me what happened the next 3 years after that. Nobody actually cares beyond a passing thought. Football is, as it should be, a what happened this year sport. It’s fun to remember the moments I guess. But in reality nobody cares. We beat Bama for a decade and Bama fans are thinking “so what”. If we run off a couple years in a row, Bama fans will say “we beat you for 15 years in a row” and Tennessee fans will say “so what”.
Without google 98% of fans can’t tell you who we played 2 years ago much less what the score was.

Edit: unless, of course, you’re a Kentucky fan. They’ve never won championships in anyone’s lifetime so individual wins are remembered like championships. But even they are subject to the short memory. They will be talking about last year’s win over Tennessee for ever and Tennessee fans will be thinking “meh, you’re Kentucky “.
spot on.

Some people refuse to accept that.

You missed a key part of what I said "possibly be in a situation in 5 years". Also I'm not sure why it feels you're arguing with me when we both are saying "who cares."
If Tenn were to beat the Tide next year and start beating them often, we would actually remember this year a little as when it all started, despite the lopsided score.
So when I said "possibly be in a situation in 5 years", it's possible Tenn is having another coaching search after a 4-8 season and Bama blowing them out.
Again, you're acting like I'm against what you're saying. Go look at who I was replying to. Someone said they would remember it being a 1 score game into the 4th and I'm saying if UT continues to get slaughtered by Bama he won't even be able to look up the score to remember which year it was because the score will look like the rest.

You missed a key part of what I said "possibly be in a situation in 5 years". Also I'm not sure why it feels you're arguing with me when we both are saying "who cares."
If Tenn were to beat the Tide next year and start beating them often, we would actually remember this year a little as when it all started, despite the lopsided score.
So when I said "possibly be in a situation in 5 years", it's possible Tenn is having another coaching search after a 4-8 season and Bama blowing them out.
Again, you're acting like I'm against what you're saying. Go look at who I was replying to. Someone said they would remember it being a 1 score game into the 4th and I'm saying if UT continues to get slaughtered by Bama he won't even be able to look up the score to remember which year it was because the score will look like the rest.
Not arguing with you dipstick. I generally like you and agree with you. I’m too lazy to multi quote and was basically adding to you thought.
Sorry if it didn’t come off that way.

For 3 quarters we were throttled. BAMA shot themselves in the foot a few times giving us the opportunities we had. Throttled by maybe the worst team they have had in 15 years.

Just my opinion...this type of offense will never beat a team like Bama. It puts too much pressure on the defense, and eventually they wear down and can no longer make stops. We can't have this kind of time of possession discrepancy and expect to win against good teams.

This might change your opinion on "The Tempo Myth" (link below). It did mine (and I'm more excited for what CJH is doing in Knoxville, too.

https://www.sharpcollegefootball.com/post/the-tempo-myth

F**kin Bamers are smoking in the stadium and the broadcast team is just like "look at all the pretty smoke." It is illegal to smoke in a stadium throw the lot of them out of the game.

Edit: SEC needs to fine Bama for smoking in the stadium
Lol!!!! Yeah…. I’m with you, any way to get at them I’m in 😂

Doesn’t diminish the fact that Kiffin played an undefeated, national champion Bama team closer than any other UT team in the last 15 years and closer than any other team Bama played in 2009.
Jesus let it go. Kiffin’s inept coaching also cost us that game. We were only in it because of a miracle fumble and onside kick

Jesus let it go. Kiffin’s inept coaching also cost us that game. We were only in it because of a miracle fumble and onside kick
Let what go? Kiffin had a great staff and it’s disingenuous to say otherwise. He took a roster significantly less talented than the 2007 and 2008 rosters Fulmer had that were run off the field and competed a year later. Bama beat #2 TX by 16 pts and beat #1 UF by 19 pts in a year we took them to the wire and should’ve won. How are those plays “miracles”; they’re part of the game. Take them away and we lose by 9, still the 2nd closest game Bama played all year and the only team to hold them without a TD.

VN Store

Back