2020 Bama loss vs 2021 Bama loss

52-24 is pretty embarrassing lol

If you watched the game you would know it was much closer than that score indicates… been a while since we entered the 4th quarter with a legitimate shot to win the game against Bama

If you watched the game you would know it was much closer than that score indicates… been a while since we entered the 4th quarter with a legitimate shot to win the game against Bama

Don't know about having a legitimate shot, but it was one score at the start of the 4th. Depth just caught up with us. But most people just see the score.

Reactions: DrTNT
Don't know about having a legitimate shot, but it was one score at the start of the 4th. Depth just caught up with us. But most people just see the score.

I think if half of the 18 false starts were eliminated we’d have been in a good position to win the game… (not an actual number just pulled something outta thin air…)

Only if you’re looking at box scores and didn’t actually watch the game. It was still a contested game into the beginning of the 4th quarter
I watched the game and saw a bama team that overlooked the game, came out absolutely flat, making every mistake imaginable, making uncharacteristic overthrows to receivers that were running wide open in our secondary all day, and when they finally decided to start play, they only needed one quarter to boat race us. Moral victory it all you want but TN got whipped.

See this is the problem. It seems that some of you just cannot fathom that you can be encouraged and pissed at the same time. I am excited about this team and this staff. It seems like we finally have a staff that can develop players. It seems we have an update offensive scheme and this defense is playing well given its limitations.

So I see a difference in the blow out losses? I guess. 24 is the most points we have put up on Saban at Bama. That’s progress. The team fights and plays hard. It’s just we aren’t really that close to a team like Bama. And that’s not on Heupel or this staff. It’s just frustrating that we have to resort to things like oh I see improvement while taking a 4 TD beating. It just sucks.
I am happy as can be about what we have going on right now. I am pissed that it took 14 years to find a man can actually coach and is doing all we can with the talent in Knoxville. Yes, we made some mistakes, but you could clearly see the difference in speed and ability between UT and Bama. I don't see ot as a moral victory ai see it for what it is. We are handcuffed and not playing with a full deck. If/when we can get back to havind a A&M type talent level and depth we can beat some of these teams. We are not going to do that in a single year. We have to establish and earn trust of HS Coaches and players and I happen to think we are well on our way. We simply had a frw chances and our guys didn't execute. Talent level was apparent. But I am excited for the future. GO Vols

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I am happy as can be about what we have going on right now. I am pissed that it took 14 years to find a man can actually coach and is doing all we can with the talent in Knoxville. Yes, we made some mistakes, but you could clearly see the difference in speed and ability between UT and Bama. I don't see ot as a moral victory ai see it for what it is. We are handcuffed and not playing with a full deck. If/when we can get back to havind a A&M type talent level and depth we can beat some of these teams. We are not going to do that in a single year. We have to establish and earn trust of HS Coaches and players and I happen to think we are well on our way. We simply had a frw chances and our guys didn't execute. Talent level was apparent. But I am excited for the future. GO Vols

Very good post and I feel the same way. I am just tired of getting blown out by Bama.

Let me start by saying for all the people who have a problem with the “bs moral victory threads” that someone kindly asked that nobody start: sorry but this is one of those.
I’m not calling it a “moral victory” but I will say this:

The 2020 Bama loss felt awful. It was embarrassing and I spent the whole week with my head down and my tail between my legs.

This one though? It doesn’t feel the same. I won’t be ashamed to be a Vol this week. The difference is that this year feels like we are ahead of where everyone in the world thought we would be. Our boys went into Tuscaloosa tonight against a Saban-led Tide team beaten, battered, down 15 scholarship players, after having been sentenced to death after the CJP debacle and went in there and scared the baJezus out of SaBear and the Bammers. We are earning respect this year instead of shame.

Say what you will: but I am PROUD of our boys and CJH tonight. I feel GOOD. And I think our future is BRIGHT. I’m no sunshine pumper. After last season I was ready to write Tennessee off for the remainder of my lifetime. But this has been an unexpected surprise. I’m excited about football again.
You have a tail? That’s disgusting.

Kiffin played this Bama team and did stupid Kiffin things and the game was over by half time.
I think many of y’all have missed my original and only claim; I opined differently, than the OP I responded to, that this is the best staff we’ve had since Kiffin’s staff as opposed to having to go back to Fulmer’s staff.

We had exactly 2 defensive players from the 2009 team drafted; Berry and Dan Williams.
So you gonna exclude the other guys because they werent drafted ? That defense played pretty well... Kiffin is a chump. Plain and simple and someone else recruited the talent he had here and Ole Miss. Qb guru maybe. But he is not any better than Heupel in fact Heupel has a better resume

We've always had better players than OLE Miss for the most part. Not that surprising

Until recent years, I’d agree. Rev Freeze took OM to a new level and even Matt Luke recruited decent (Corral is one of his recruits). Ole Miss has a very good looking team

VN Store

Back