Recruits loved Neyland last night.

It would not surprise me if the golf ball was brought by lane Kiffen to fake an attack and he got luck that the trash was being thrown. He’s that big of a scumbag

True story, in high school I was separated from on of my friends and moved to the front of the class. While the teacher was writing on the board I threw an eraser at her feet then tired around and looked at my buddy. When she turned around she saw that assumed he did it and gave him detention. We’re 52 years old now and he still reminds me that I screwed him over.

Ed O is helping, but the problem is that everyone is focusing on the actions of the fans, which IMO we cannot do, you just can’t . I don’t care what anyone says or how you justify it, you can’t get away with it. No one is looking at the calls because everyone wants to look at golf balls hitting Kiffin, or mustard or whatever . In the media’s eyes This is another instance of the crazy Tennessee fan base. Instead of focusing on the travesty of the calls everyone wants to focus on us.
The media wouldn’t give them any attention anyway. Nobody really remembers the bad calls this same crew made at Memphis or Arkansas.

The media wouldn’t give them any attention anyway. Nobody really remembers the bad calls this same crew made at Memphis or Arkansas.
Maybe, but our game gets a lot more fan fare than an Arkansas or MSU vs MSU game. The point being, we became the story. All anyone is going to remember is how we threw stuff on the field and delayed the game for 20 minutes . Nobody cares why.

What else are they going to say? “No way I’m going to a school with a bunch of backward hillbillies tossin trash from the stands”

If they’re commenting at all they likely showing more class than the morons throwing trash.
😂 and yet you live in the Pacific NW

Funny had nothing to do with my OP. The point was to show where the information could be found. Anybody can flap their lips or punch letters on a keyboard and make any claim. It helps when proof of claims are provided when asked for. Does that help?

Should the OP have linked some info for the "We gotta have proof!!!" crowd? Yeah, probably so, but instead of using your time to go look for yourself you've spent post after post after post arguing with numerous people as to why you didn't get the information you feel you're entitled to. I would call it laziness but the fact you've managed to keep posting rules that out. You have a narrative to push and you don't care if what the OP says is true or not it's simply an attempt to pivot the conversation, very poorly I might add, to something that will make it look like you're winning an "argument". Shut the hell up for a little bit, go to the recruiting forum and find the information for yourself, it's really not hard to do.

Should the OP have linked some info for the "We gotta have proof!!!" crowd? Yeah, probably so, but instead of using your time to go look for yourself you've spent post after post after post arguing with numerous people as to why you didn't get the information you feel you're entitled to. I would call it laziness but the fact you've managed to keep posting rules that out. You have a narrative to push and you don't care if what the OP says is true or not it's simply an attempt to pivot the conversation, very poorly I might add, to something that will make it look like you're winning an "argument". Shut the hell up for a little bit, go to the recruiting forum and find the information for yourself, it's really not hard to do.
It’s his M.O.

Reactions: BilboTN
As a hot dog skilled position recruit, had to be impressed with our mustard supply
Heinz is low rent mustard man, not even stone ground. More like mustard flavored paste. 😂. Now give me a nice Bavarian stone ground mustard and we can talk

Not a good look at all and it will just give more ammunition to the sports “journalists” who spend every waking moment trying to find a way to run UT down. We have enough problems right now without self inflicted wounds like this. Of course had it happened at any other SEC school those same journalists probably would not have said a peep

And now, you're engaging in lies and misdirection to save face. SIGH! The tartness of your lying words sours ripe grapes. I'll just leave you and your yes men to your snake pit of deceit and butt hurtness to slither in while declining your invitation to join you. But by all means continue your attacks, they will just further reveal what species of Reptilia Serpentes you belong to. I suspect the viper family, and with good reason. Please continue, however, I'm done.

Last edited:
Any recruit worth his salt sees the passion in this fanbase and knows if they come here and turn things around they would be glorified as a God....My mentality but I would LOVE to play at for a team/fanbase so passionate.

What do you white knights have to say about this? Thought it was an "embarrassing look". Kids wanna play for a fanbase this loyal, and passionate. One that has their back like this one! Get over yourselves.

This comment, this mindset is despicable. I really don't want this kind of player/student at my university.

I just heard an interesting stat from the game.
Ole Miss had 28 injuries on our 78 offensive snaps.
Basically 1/3 snaps was a free time out/chance to substitute/chance to see what formation were in, for the Ole Miss defense.
GBO!!

Reactions: jes and SmokinBob
This comment, this mindset is despicable. I really don't want this kind of player/student at my university.
Your condescension is despicable. Have you ever been this upset at ppl throwing stuff onto a field or a court before?

Hey remember when Ole Piss threw stuff at Grant Williams, Admiral Schofield and the basketball team just two years ago? No? Well if you do remember did you go to Ole Piss message board and act pious for days on end?

Some of yall are breaking your necks trying to rationalize trashy behavior.

So we do nothing and let the SEC continue to beat us while we’re down?

Maybe Sankey can schedule a meeting with Kiffin & the Officiating crew to fix what went wrong during the game.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I’m disappointed in the mustard selection at Neyland. French’s? Really? The french make terrible mustard. The German Lowensenf is superior.

View attachment 404037

Maybe in the Sky Boxes.

Unless it's packaged in a plastic container, it isn't accessable to us heathens in the stands. Which makes me recall a similar incident in an NFL game between the Jags & Browns about 20 years ago....

Bottlegate - Wikipedia
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...IQFnoECAkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2toVT1PZUOPk2DVUwocKMC

Is it me or didn't the sports media primarily focus on the egrarius officiating as the catalyst to the incident and then inquire as to what corrective action the NFL would take in regards to officiating?
Maybe I've got blinders on but I don't recall Cleveland's fan base being excoriated or calls for the Haslaams to be made an example of like we're getting.

From the wiki article and links within, it seems that while in no way condoning their actions, Bottle Gate was reported as a reaction from a reknown loyal fan base due to the costly ramifications(playoff race) of egrarius officiating.

It wasn't the 'insolent hicks are sore losers and riot because they didn' t get the call' narrative we're getting.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArmchairQB
A friend (Texas A&M Fan) that has a son playing college baseball told me that the fan base shouldn't be a reflection of the team. He went on to say CJH is a good one that will do good in Tennessee. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that.

I am one that does not approve in any way of throwing stuff on the field. It reminds me of the petulant children that riot, burn, thrash and steal things when they don't get their way.

And the biggest takeaway of the night was that we had a chance to win that game (bad calls, and flopping aside), if the pass was caught in the end zone (which he had his hands on it) pandemonium would have ensued. GBO!

What do you white knights have to say about this? Thought it was an "embarrassing look". Kids wanna play for a fanbase this loyal, and passionate. One that has their back like this one! Get over yourselves.

Atmosphere and passion are one thing. Being classless rednecks throwing $h!t on the field is another. They're 17 years old. I'm sure it didn't bother them as much as their parents. It's a bad look on the university period when the fanbase is out of control. I expect a big fine and repercussions that won't be so easy to swallow.

VN Store

Back