Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the word on Tiyon for Bama? I can take. Give me the reals.
Rest everyone banged up and get them healthy for UK. Game plan with the healthy players and give it our best effort. We all know the SEC and refs will never allow us to even be close in that game. No reason to risk more severe injury. We have a winnable game at UK if we can get everyone healthy.

They replayed it and the spike was actually at the 1 second mark.(before review was initiated)

On top of that I thought the officiating was great. They stopped it for review at the 3 second mark and allowed them to get their spike in that they originally spiked at the 1 second mark to then be at the 2 second mark.

I’m not a fan of either team and I think the officials did a great job on that.
Agreed. No one got screwed, if anything Seahawks were put in an awkward position to rush the spike twice, but otherwise no one got screwed.

I’m sure someone has already said it, but on the last play I think Milton was supposed to roll right. The OM defender gets up field pretty quick I think to keep him from doing that and Milton freaks out, runs left and the rest is history.

Well the NFL refs aren't any better. What a ish show this has been.

Seattle wr catches, runs, fumbled, Seattle recovers... No time outs... Had to rush to line up and spike it, clock runs to zero... Game over

Refs stop the game to review whether or not it was a complete pass. Puts 2 seconds back on the clock. Seattle kicks game tieing FG.

View attachment 404006
They got the spike off with one second anyways. Didn’t change anything.

Reactions: volbeast33
Rest anyone who is slightly injured against Bama. No need to lose people for the season. Wish we were healthy and could play them. But we have a chance at 7-5 and need to rest up to get there. It is what it is. Praying Hooker can play after Bama and get a few wins.

Come on man. My goodness. It was the last play of the game. He knew when he took the snap it was the last play. Just looking for anything to defend him and no one can defend what he did. It was one of the dumbest things I have ever witnessed from a D1 QB.
I am not trying to defend him at all. It was one of the worst plays I have ever seen. How he could possibly not realize he was totally out of time is beyond my comprehension. I just recall the announcers saying they may want to get him out of the pocket. When he went right, he had no clue his OL was there (that's on him also) and had to go the other way because he ran into him.

Rest the starters this week. We need them for Kentucky.

This is correct.

The next two weeks (including the open date) need to be managed well. Keep getting young players time while doing what we can with our non-injured players. By KY, we need to be as close to 100% as possible.

Last edited:
And this is one of the many reasons why the fans are so mad. This "statement" is an absolute joke. It was a horrendous call that greatly affected the outcome of the game. And yet there is no accountability whatsoever. that same garbage crew will be out there on Saturday reffing another SEC game and TN just has to swallow the loss that wasn't and deal with it.

I'm so tired of this. It shouldn't be this way. But nothing will change

They didn't stop it till the trans were walking out on the field.. There definitely wasn't 3 seconds left when they were trying to clock it. Maybe 1... Either way...there was no reason to review that play at all... None. That's the bigger issue. They should never have stopped play, period.
the-big-lebowski-jeff-bridges.gif

And this is one of the many reasons why the fans are so mad. This "statement" is an absolute joke. It was a horrendous call that greatly affected the outcome of the game. And yet there is no accountability whatsoever. that same garbage crew will be out there on Saturday reffing another SEC game and TN just has to swallow the loss that wasn't and deal with it.

I'm so tired of this. It shouldn't be this way. But nothing will change
That's why, if I'm Tennessee, I tell the SEC that we will not address the garbage being thrown until they do something about the officials. Publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back