Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I'm at this point but I honestly hope the conference implodes. We've expanded and expanded for the sake of money despite bad cultural fits and the destruction of rivalries and we've sat back and done nothing as all that money did nothing but corrupt our very heart and soul. The SEC needs to die and be reborn.

I can't believe I'm at this point but I honestly hope the conference implodes. We've expanded and expanded for the sake of money despite bad cultural fits and the destruction of rivalries and we've sat back and done nothing as all that money did nothing but corrupt our very heart and soul. The SEC needs to die and be reborn.

This. I would also like to see the front office moved out of Birmingham.

What an insane game to attend. I’ll never forget this one.

The stadium light show was absolutely awesome and badass and if you were there and didn’t think so then stay home next time because you are too old to have fun anymore and don’t deserve the ticket.

We walk away from that game feeling like we should’ve won - again - and that’s frustrating. But it’s amazing we were even in this game. If this team was healthy we win and probably pretty easily. If the refs don’t **** us over and over again we still win. If Matt Corrall played QB for both teams then we win by 8 touchdowns. This staff is legit. Please please please keep Banks around for awhile. We’ll be in business soon enough.

As for the 20min fiasco, I didn’t throw anything - mainly bc we had 3 TOs and I felt we weren’t out of it - but I’m not embarrassed by it bc I also understand why it happened. The ridiculous spot on that Warren play was the point of boiling over. We got screwed all game. Not even taking into consideration the numerous external factors. Do I condone it? No. Am I embarrassed by it? Nah. Just wish they would’ve stopped sooner so the game could finish.

Oh and as for that last Milton play…nicest thing I can say is I hope he transfers again.

This. I would also like to see the front office moved out of Birmingham.

This. It needs to be in a non-college football crazy city like Atlanta or Nashville where alliances are split and every person you run into isn't the fan of one particular team. The hiring system when it comes to officials needs to be completely changed as does retention. There's absolutely zero reason for officials to be this bad this often, especially in the era of replay. Cameras need to be installed at other angles for spot checks (the conference can foot the bill easily). Officials responsible for spots need to be evaluated yearly - check their spots versus film regularly and retention should be dependent up a certain degree of accuracy. Assignments should be thoroughly vetted - many times officials have had questionable ties in a game they're officiating.

Schedules need to be reexamined as well as draws. Why did Arkansas and Tennessee repeatedly draw the hardest cross-divs for nearly a decade? There's just a ton of stuff that is complete horse puckey. On no planet should coaches be banned from criticizing officials. There should be guidelines/limits but no criticism gives them carte blanche.

The stadium light show was absolutely awesome and badass and if you were there and didn’t think so then stay home next time because you are too old to have fun anymore and don’t deserve the ticket.

We walk away from that game feeling like we should’ve won - again - and that’s frustrating. But it’s amazing we were even in this game. If this team was healthy we win and probably pretty easily. If the refs don’t **** us over and over again we still win. If Matt Corrall played QB for both teams then we win by 8 touchdowns. This staff is legit. Please please please keep Banks around for awhile. We’ll be in business soon enough.

As for the 20min fiasco, I didn’t throw anything - mainly bc we had 3 TOs and I felt we weren’t out of it - but I’m not embarrassed by it bc I also understand why it happened. The ridiculous spot on that Warren play was the point of boiling over. We got screwed all game. Not even taking into consideration the numerous external factors. Do I condone it? No. Am I embarrassed by it? Nah. Just wish they would’ve stopped sooner so the game could finish.

Oh and as for that last Milton play…nicest thing I can say is I hope he transfers again.

I don't even know how Milton can face the team after that. They played their hearts put for hours just for him to come in and run out of bounds with no time on the clock.

Ole Miss just got away with another holding penalty.

The one call we got - our guy was jumping up and down waving his hands in the air to get the refs attention as the OM guy held him. It would've been hilarious if it hadn't been indicative of how badly OM was holding all game and how easily they were getting away with it.

Wtf was that playcalling on that drive in the 4th quarter.

1st and 19 from about midfield and we go 2 slow ass developing runs right at the teeth of the defense and an 8 yard pass to a TE who hasn’t caught a ball all game? Da fuq
On 2nd and whatever, if DD blocks literally anyone… Small is still running… broadcasters even said the offensive guys in the booth were pretty animated after that play because it should have broke for a big gain

This. It needs to be in a non-college football crazy city like Atlanta or Nashville where alliances are split and every person you run into isn't the fan of one particular team. The hiring system when it comes to officials needs to be completely changed as does retention. There's absolutely zero reason for officials to be this bad this often, especially in the era of replay. Cameras need to be installed at other angles for spot checks (the conference can foot the bill easily). Officials responsible for spots need to be evaluated yearly - check their spots versus film regularly and retention should be dependent up a certain degree of accuracy. Assignments should be thoroughly vetted - many times officials have had questionable ties in a game they're officiating.

Schedules need to be reexamined as well as draws. Why did Arkansas and Tennessee repeatedly draw the hardest cross-divs for nearly a decade? There's just a ton of stuff that is complete horse puckey. On no planet should coaches be banned from criticizing officials. There should be guidelines/limits but no criticism gives them carte blanche.

The Alabama sports hall of fame is literally 300 feet across the street from the SEC office. It’s ridiculous. Needs to be based out of Atlanta or Memphis or Nashville.

I don’t see how anybody can legitimately argue this is an unbiased and fair league. It just isn’t.

Just made it home. Dang. Most electric game I’ve ever been to. If this is what we have in store for the future, count me in.

Took my 11 year old. Coincidentally enough, I was 11 the first time we lost when I was in attendance…Arkansas ‘92. This one felt better despite the loss. Memories with my daughter and seeing the baton be passed onto her means more.

1634453228477.jpeg

My daughter was there--she said she had a hard time hearing what was going on-- her back was to the Jumbotron and so wasn't sure about whether the refs were screwing us or not. She thought it was amazing atmosphere but hoped nobody brought young kids due to the ending. That part was scary for her and friends because they were afraid someone would get hurt plus, quite a bit of the stuff being thrown was right above them. Going out of the stadium was an adventure she didn't enjoy.

This is the first game this year where im questioning our play calling, I feel like we ran it way too much, of course that has been our bread and butter but still, it wasnt clicking tonight

Reactions: JT3 and Brillovol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back