Hooker Celebration thread (feat. JG)

Based on some comments I read on here today, we shouldn't respect Hooker, since he was a transfer. He took his ball and went home. Someone literally posted this about kids who transfer earlier.

To me, Hooker is the perfect example of why sometimes transferring is the best option.

Based on some comments I read on here today, we shouldn't respect Hooker, since he was a transfer. He took his ball and went home. Someone literally posted this about kids who transfer earlier.

To me, Hooker is the perfect example of why sometimes transferring is the best option.

You clearly don’t understand the VN code - if one of our own transfers out he is a traitor and we collectively hope he fails at his next destination. But if a player transfers in from somewhere else then we welcome them with open arms for seeing UT as a great opportunity and the program they should have chosen in the first place

You clearly don’t understand the VN code - if one of our own transfers out he is a traitor and we collectively hope he fails at his next destination. But if a players transfers in from somewhere else then we welcome them with open arms for seeing UT as a great opportunity and the program they should have chosen in the first place
I get the code 😉 It is the same for most fan bases.

Reactions: KptVFL
I really hope JG pursues coaching. He probably has a path to a successful career in football, just not on the field.

The dude has played in several different types of offenses. He’s also been part of winning big games, and losing big games. He’s been part up upsets as well as shutouts.

His knowledge and experience would be valuable in the coaching world.

You clearly don’t understand the VN code - if one of our own transfers out he is a traitor and we collectively hope he fails at his next destination. But if a player transfers in from somewhere else then we welcome them with open arms for seeing UT as a great opportunity and the program they should have chosen in the first place

Sounds like you understand perfectly, but I'll simplify.

Alexander Hamilton - good. Benedict Arnold - bad.

JG was, literally, IMO, the worst QB to have (maybe ask Clemson what they think today). The worst.. JG was evidently a practice warrior.....with coaches controlling practice and playing time, how do you not put him on the field if he's killing it? I would've. You combine that with maybe number 2 and 3 grading WAY behind him, then, yes, he's your best choice to win. Unfortunately for me, as a person who has played multiple sports for years, its a TRUE THING to say when the lights go on some whilter/shrink/fade. JG is that guy. Regrettably it takes time to call them out. In his case.....many on VN called him out well before I did.....but regardless, when pressure hit or when you need it JG will kill you. Hence he's the worst QB you could ever have. EVER. It continues to amaze me that coaches with million $$$ contracts don't know it, even considering the politics of the job. Disgusting.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I haven't seen this posted anywhere

Just want ya'll to read through this game thread from a game between the Utah Utes and Washington State Cougars
Official game Thread. WSU vs Utah

Ahhhh brings back memories 😷

I think WSU is 3 -1 in games Guarantano didn't start and 0-2 in the games he started. I like the "he is who the Vols said he was"
- they seemed to have some sharp people commenting.- good observations.

Reactions: Tnslim1
I really hope JG pursues coaching. He probably has a path to a successful career in football, just not on the field.

The dude has played in several different types of offenses. He’s also been part of winning big games, and losing big games. He’s been part up upsets as well as shutouts.

His knowledge and experience would be valuable in the coaching world.
No - just no. Please stop.

why keep picking on him? I think its pathetic to keep it going this long after he is gone from UT.

Let it go already. Makes you look bad.

We had to suffer for far more than a year - with people arguing how good he was - that the coaches knew what they were doing - yada, yada, yada. I hope someone sends Butch Jones and Pruitt reminders that they were locked on JG as the starter
and now .... not only VolNation fans, but Wazzu fans can see that he shouldn't have been playing. It is less of a knock on JG who is by all accounts a quality kid, and more a knock on Jones and Pruitt and the experts on here that defended starting him
week after week after week.

Duh....=fan. New portal reality. Like most of our recent lives, a brave new world. Just wait and see what they have waiting for us next year. Tick, tick, tick...

Unique amongst all fanbases. 😏

So glad we can turn yet another thread into a JG bash. For God's sake, he is like Peytons bizarro world character to many. The guy came, he tried, he left. And random laughing woman gif... weak. State what you want to say. If you've got nothing. .. how about just leave it at that. Dragging the Internet for some pic is lazy and weak.

They get bonus points if they bring moonshine with them.

Poor ole JG. The QB with a serious case of the yips. Let’s just get off the poor dude and turn our focus to Arky State’s head coach and their 1-5 record !😂. Stinking no good, Tennessee paid, Saban ball boy.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Im not aware of one single person, VN or elsewhere, that honored the code when JG announced his transfer.

VN Store

Back