Consider the source, just another opinion but

it’s hard to argue with the top four, although I disagree on the order. Then Tennessee, A&M, and Auburn are in the next group. I personally think that UT is a better job than both, but understand why some people think differently.

it’s hard to argue with the top four, although I disagree on the order. Then Tennessee, A&M, and Auburn are in the next group. I personally think that UT is a better job than both, but understand why some people think differently.

I think TAMU is a better job than TN but I agree it’s better than AU.

1. Alabama
2. UGA
3. Florida
4. LSU
5. Tennessee
6. Auburn
7. A&M
8. Arkansas
9. Ole Miss
10. South Carolina
11. Kentucky
12. Miss State
13. Missouri
14. Vandy
I’d still put A&M and Auburn above TN, but only at the current moment (given our recent history, and lack of in state talent).

Reactions: murfvol1
1. Alabama
2. UGA
3. Florida
4. LSU
5. Tennessee
6. Auburn
7. A&M
8. Arkansas
9. Ole Miss
10. South Carolina
11. Kentucky
12. Miss State
13. Missouri
14. Vandy

Pretty solid list. 5-7 you can pull out of a hat.

A&M is a better job now than UT. It may not be once Texas joins the league.

People who never lived in Texas don’t realize 70% of the state hates the Aggies, makes fun of them and would rather play anywhere than College Station. The 30% that support A&M would literally die for it. No kidding.

LSU is the best job in the country. Any competent coach can win there.

They've hired 3 straight coaches that have won the NC and two of them are morons.

I’ve lived there and I’d beg to differ. Much of the kids want out. The economy & lifestyle sucks for most. Yeah a lot of kids dream of Sat night at Tiger Stadium but many want out. A lot of kids leave.

Reactions: gasguy98
I would think Georgia/LSU would be the best jobs. There’s no other major school to compete with and it’s loaded with high school talent.

Reactions: USF grad in TN
People who never lived in Texas don’t realize 70% of the state hates the Aggies, makes fun of them and would rather play anywhere than College Station. The 30% that support A&M would literally die for it. No kidding.

Yeah, they give Scientology a run for their money as the biggest/craziest cult.

I’ve lived there and I’d beg to differ. Much of the kids want out. The economy & lifestyle sucks for most. Yeah a lot of kids dream of Sat night at Tiger Stadium but many want out. A lot of kids leave.

They may want out but they (LSU) keeps a far higher % of the elite instate talent as schools like UGA, UF, Texas, etc.

Reactions: murfvol1
They've had 4 top 5 classes in a row and 65% of their roster is from in state. Most others are from border states. Saban said he specifically targeted this job early in his career because of the amount of NFL talent that was within a small radius of LSU's campus.

Look at their last 4 coaches records before they got to LSU vs their tenure there. The difference is incredible.

They've had 4 top 5 classes in a row and 65% of their roster is from in state. Most others are from border states. Saban said he specifically targeted this job early in his career because of the amount of NFL talent that was within a small radius of LSU's campus.

Look at their last 4 coaches records before they got to LSU vs their tenure there. The difference is incredible.

I won’t argue about the talent. Alabama, FSU & Miami (in their heyday) and others regularly took Highly rated players out of there. Before Saban, the previous 3 coaches failed miserably and they recruited La well. Miles clearly rode Sabans coat tails. And Ed O basically caught lightning in a bottle with Burrow.

I lived there for several years, traveled the state and knew several affluent LSU boosters. It’s a real tough job. Very likely to be in the governors office explaining a game or recruiting loss. Everything about the job is political unlike anywhere else I’ve lived.

Reactions: VAVol85
I understand why you would say that, but they have never won anything compared to al, ut, aub, and LSU. And I guess fl

I get that. I guess I am thinking about fairly recent success. Producing a Heisman winning QB, beating Saban a few times etc.

Reactions: TJSVOLS

VN Store

Back