The Atlanta Braves Thread

Remember that awful story a couple of months ago about the friend of mine whose son was struck by lightning at the beach and later died? Just randomly got a text from the Dad saying that AUSTIN RILEY had come down yesterday and spent about 30 minutes one on one talking to his 13 year old son. Incredible that he'd take the time to do that right now.
That's awesome. Hopefully he can hook the family up with some tickets.

That's awesome. Hopefully he can hook the family up with some tickets.
Funny story from a tragic situation . . . The accident happened at Marco Island, FL and while they were down there stuck in the hospital, the Marlins hooked them up and actually let the younger brother throw out the first pitch. The funny part is they sent Billy the Marlin out with him to catch the pitch. The kid is acutally a middle school pitcher and did what any self respecting Braves fan would do . . . He scorched Billy the Marlin right in the gills. On the video, you actually see the dude in the fish costume fall over grabbing his chest with his fish head falling off. Looked like something out of Bull Durham.

Also the hardest worker on the team. He’s dropped about 25 lbs since he got drafted and they say he’s a gym rat.
The picture (which is intentionally cut off in the screenshot I posted) is pretty amazing. Riley really looks slimmed down without the uniform on.

Imagine a Saturday night where Max ace shuts down the duds or giants, and Heupel drops a 60 pack on kiffins head in a 2 score victory. 😎
I am about as naturally pessimistic of a fan as there can be, I almost always think the team I root for is going to lose and usually in heartbreaking fashion. Therefore I just can’t bring myself to believe this outcome is possible…BUT oh man would my wife be pissed at me if that actually happened because I’d be so drunk I might not wake up til Monday.

Reactions: C/O
Funny story from a tragic situation . . . The accident happened at Marco Island, FL and while they were down there stuck in the hospital, the Marlins hooked them up and actually let the younger brother throw out the first pitch. The funny part is they sent Billy the Marlin out with him to catch the pitch. The kid is acutally a middle school pitcher and did what any self respecting Braves fan would do . . . He scorched Billy the Marlin right in the gills. On the video, you actually see the dude in the fish costume fall over grabbing his chest with his fish head falling off. Looked like something out of Bull Durham.
That is pretty funny.

AP on Evans............ I was told last night he was a gametime decision. I still believe that to be the case as he has continued rehab on his ankle. It will all boil down to his ability to push off on it. We saw him walking today and he wasn’t hobbled and didn’t have a boot. This ankle is why Hubbs said in the pod today that he needed to see him in warmups because we don’t get access to practice. I’d probably list him as doubtful at this point but I’ve seen plenty of doubtful play and some that were on pace to play….not play.

VN Store

Back