Board Mood If We Go 0-4?

Would love to win 2 of the 4 but will settle for 1 as long as that 1 is Ky. We HAVE to stomp the Wildcats into submission. Tame them into weak kittens on a leash. Break their spirit, make them cry, leave them mortally wounded and then I'm satisfied. Also remember that Georgia still has their Georgia game, (aka choke game), to play and it might as well be against the Vols. GO VOLS!

Reactions: VolnJC
Have no fear! If we lose the next 4 pop a Prozac, a Lexapro, or a Cymbalta. There's a good chance the sun will come up Sunday morning. Meanwhile, I hope the Vols castrate the rebs....without anesthesia!!

I remember when Mississippi State's coach, what's his name, tried that. Didn't go well for him, iirc.

I don’t think it’s fair to settle for 6 wins. After what I’ve seen, I want more. Otherwise, I’d be a complacent fan, our sports wouldnt matter and this board would suck. Give me 7-5 and I’ll be happy. We’re certainly capable

Reactions: wmcovol
I predicted 6-6 before the year started and we are on track for that. Anything more is outstanding for all the factors impacting the team this year. As long as we don't give up and get blown out, especially with OM and KY, we are heading in the right direction.
We’re not getting blown out by OM and KY. We may lose but we’ll go tit for tat against OM(their defense sucks) and while KY’s defense is stout, I don’t think they have the offense to keep up should we start scoring on them.

We will be underdogs in the next 4 games...so will the happy posts continue if we play well but still lose all 4 or if we manage to win one and go 1-3? I think most would be happy with 2-2 during that stretch.
I think we beat Ole Miss and Kentucky.

But if we go 0-4, as long as the other teams are sweating the outcome in the fourth quarter, I won't be mad.

Key for me this year before the season started was stay competitive for the entire game, every game. No more blow outs. The Florida game was a disappointment in that regard. But I feel like we are a totally different team now than we were in September.

Even a Vandy fan would have known that a 6 and 6 record would have been a successful season for our Volunteers after last year's train wreck. I expect more from UT fans than Vandy fans. This board will be fine no matter.
As much as I despised Pruitt's coaching I believe if you replace Auburn and A&M with Tenn Tech and Bowling Green, Pruitt goes 5-5. Add two more OOC and he would have been 6-6. Yet that is not Tennessee football or should never be our expectations. At least to me.

In some corners, the models are now showing UT the winner in two of those games. I could be badly disappointed but I think UT has a really good chance of winning this weekend and maybe a tad better vs UK due to style of play and the recent injury to Oxendine.

I think 1-3 would actually be a split to most of us. I don't think many if any think of Bama or UGA as realistic possibilities for a win. Just play competitive.

A 2-2 would set UT up for an 8 win season which I think most would consider great. Heupel might be voted coach of the year if that happens.
I don’t think we’ll beat bama but I think we’ll give them all they want and then some.
GBO!!

Funny answer: Mattress sales will increase by 400%.

Real answer: for all the hype headed into this game 0-4 meets preseason expectations. If the Vols pull one out that’s fantastic. I’ll just settle for the offense scoring points and making the games interesting. UT doesn’t have the numbers but I’m hopeful they make the best of who’s out there.

Last edited:
Perspective on how much better reality is than negative prognostications.
My drunk prognostication says we win 2, give bama a scare and get ran by Georgia. Tomorrow morning, my sober prognostication will probably differ.
Don’t judge me, I normally don’t partake in week night alcohol consumption, but I’m on vacation.🤷‍♂️
GBO!!

As much as I despised Pruitt's coaching I believe if you replace Auburn and A&M with Tenn Tech and Bowling Green, Pruitt goes 5-5. Add two more OOC and he would have been 6-6. Yet that is not Tennessee football or should never be our expectations. At least to me.
Pruitt couldn't beat GA Stste. We lost 30 players from last years team Pruitt could not have done the job Coach Heupel under the same circumstances. I think we will win more than 6 games. But at the beginning of this season I wasn't sure about that. I've been following the Vols since 1957 and these last 14 years have been absolutely the worst stretch I've ever seen. I think our expectations should always be higher than break even. I believe this staff will get it done.

This is asinine.

Why would any fan be happy if their team lost 4 in a row?

Personally don't expect them to stay within 2 TDs of Bama or GA and feel they may lack the firepower to outscore Ole Miss. Ky will always be a winnable game in my mind.

Play hard and don't show their bellies in any of the games and I can live with the results.

Doesn't mean I'll ever be ready to do back flips and sing Kumbaya My Lord when they lose.
Who here said they would be happy if we lost 4 in a row?

VN Store

Back