2021 Fall Ball Thread

New to the forum and looking forward to good conversation! I didn’t want to join while I had a kid playing. But, now that fall ball is starting, I realize that I’m having withdrawals since my son (Sean Hunley) graduated and moved on. Haha. Anyway, can’t wait to continue following these guys throughout another awesome season!

Sure enjoyed watching your boy work.

Look forward to following the rest of his career.

....And welcome.

New to the forum and looking forward to good conversation! I didn’t want to join while I had a kid playing. But, now that fall ball is starting, I realize that I’m having withdrawals since my son (Sean Hunley) graduated and moved on. Haha. Anyway, can’t wait to continue following these guys throughout another awesome season!
Sean is a Dude! I'm gonna miss him.

Welcome, dh24. Loved watching Sean!

Fall ball followers, how are our pitchers doing this offseason?

Hearing Tidwell has come into his own and Chase , Halverson , Camden, and Ben Joyce will all be at the top of the rotation. Will Mabry has been strong as well, hearing he's up to 93 with an 87 cutter , Hearing this staff is loaded and that the biggest concern right now is the middle infield , Also hearing this lineup will has some serious pop in it ! Need someone to step up and relax ,hearing they might be pressing at the moment, the good news is it's early and sometimes it takes a minute to relax and play. also , we have several options. CTV will figure it out.

To further answer your question, based on info i am hearing Pitching will be the strength of this team , and any base ball person knows , it all starts on the mound. Hearing Great reports on Velo's and Command....These guys all seem to have Great Stuff and Pound the Zone!!!

OF - Beck , Gilbert , Booker , Tears , Scott , Chambers
IF - Luke ,Lipscomb , Burke , Lawson , Moore , Stephenson , Steenstra , Ortega , Chambers , Payne
C - Russell , Taylor , Jared Dickey , and others (just don't have their names in front of me) hearing this position may be stronger than originally thought .
DH - Tears , Burke , and any of the above on any given day. (Tears and Burke have some Serious LH'D POP)

w/ Luke , Gilbert , Beck and Russell back with their experience and a couple others having some SEC experience , I think we will be fine. Just need some guys to separate themselves....lost a lot defensively in the middle from last year.

and you never know who's going to step up... there's lot of talent on this team. All over the field too....good problem.
The road to Omaha hopefully goes through Knoxville !!! Go VOLS!!!!

Hearing Tidwell has come into his own and Chase , Halverson , Camden, and Ben Joyce will all be at the top of the rotation. Will Mabry has been strong as well, hearing he's up to 93 with an 87 cutter , Hearing this staff is loaded and that the biggest concern right now is the middle infield , Also hearing this lineup will has some serious pop in it ! Need someone to step up and relax ,hearing they might be pressing at the moment, the good news is it's early and sometimes it takes a minute to relax and play. also , we have several options. CTV will figure it out.

To further answer your question, based on info i am hearing Pitching will be the strength of this team , and any base ball person knows , it all starts on the mound. Hearing Great reports on Velo's and Command....These guys all seem to have Great Stuff and Pound the Zone!!!

OF - Beck , Gilbert , Booker , Tears , Scott , Chambers
IF - Luke ,Lipscomb , Burke , Lawson , Moore , Stephenson , Steenstra , Ortega , Chambers , Payne
C - Russell , Taylor , Jared Dickey , and others (just don't have their names in front of me) hearing this position may be stronger than originally thought .
DH - Tears , Burke , and any of the above on any given day. (Tears and Burke have some Serious LH'D POP)

w/ Luke , Gilbert , Beck and Russell back with their experience and a couple others having some SEC experience , I think we will be fine. Just need some guys to separate themselves....lost a lot defensively in the middle from last year.

and you never know who's going to step up... there's lot of talent on this team. All over the field too....good problem.
The road to Omaha hopefully goes through Knoxville !!! Go VOLS!!!!

Thanks for the update!!!

GBO!!!

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
It seemed last year that the hitters were ahead of the pitchers in the fall and this year seems to be the opposite. The pitchers are ahead of the hitters/fielders and it will give a different appearance. Last year the pitchers were talking about how hard it was to get outs in the fall because we were hitting it so well. This year it seems the hitters are talking about how tough it is to get good hits because the pitchers are ahead. Today starts the second round of scrimmages. The catch will be with some pitchers is we throw it hard as a group and that will lead to giving up some more home runs. Finding the right mix of guys who can pitch multiple pitches to locations and those who are flamethrowers to keep batters off will be huge. I think you might see the guys who throw the great offspeed stuff coming out of the bullpen have great success after following a flamethrower. It is hard to adjust. Perfect world would be a RHP flamethrower start followed by a LHP with stuff and then a RHP flamethrower close. Hard to adjust to that difference.

Great to know we have continuity with this core of the lineup group of experienced guys.

The positive report on the pitching is great to hear. We will also have a terrific offensive and defensive outfield and first base. My only concerns with this team at this moment is infield defense, especially up the middle, and catching. If those things turn out to be solid, too, then we should have another terrific season.

Anyone have any insider info if/when there might be a scrimmage next week? My kids are on fall break, so would be an ideal time to head over to LNS.

I didn’t even know there was a scrimmage today until about 3:30, scrimmage was at 4, I can’t swing it on Wednesday with short notice.

Soooooo…the new Uni’s for football this weekend…How do y’all think that design could be incorporated for baseball and would ya like to see it or no?

GBO!!!

I didn’t even know there was a scrimmage today until about 3:30, scrimmage was at 4, I can’t swing it on Wednesday with short notice.

Soooooo…the new Uni’s for football this weekend…How do y’all think that design could be incorporated for baseball and would ya like to see it or no?

GBO!!!
No, thanks. I feel like the alternate black is way over done in sports. I like to see white at home and gray on the road for baseball.

GBO!!!

The smoky greys make for a nice rendition of a classic baseball color.

Reactions: ArdentVol

VN Store

Back