Wow @ Gruden...another debacle had we hired him [update: Gruden resigns]

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
No...because I spent 22 years in the military and am a disabled vet. I am Viet Nam and Persian Gulf VET and it angers me to see them take a knee. If they want to complain and take a knee while making millions of dollars, perhaps they should put on a real uniform and protect the Country they live in.
They’re taking a knee because among this country’s creeds is “justice for all” yet from their perspective certain minorities continue to not receive justice for injustices at the hands of government authorities. Their actions are a visible demonstration to hopefully get people talking about the issue in order to bring resolution to it. Instead, people are distorting the message. Before you or anyone else knee-jerk responds with “well they can demonstrate some other way” I ask why you haven’t tried to understand what they are doing? An actual veteran suggested the taking a knee approach. Why is this action equatable to pissing on all of the seals on the armed services? I just don’t get it, except maybe it’s just easier and not uncomfortable to hate this action than try to understand an entirely different life experience than your own.

The drama queen known as the Commissioner leaked this crap. This is a classic Goodell move. #FireGoodell
I would come closer to believing that.
One might think that the commish had approval from a group of owners to make the leak.
Goodell carries a majority of owners votes otherwise he would have been gone.

Lol at some of these comments. Gruden could have straight up called Goodell a "N***** lover" and there would still be some on here defending him "because it was 10 years ago", even though what he did was both douchery and a blatantly fireable offense that none of us would survive professionally (nor should we).

Uh...............didn't Gruden have a right to say what he thinks regardless that it was pretty offensive? Believe that is freedom of speech.

WOKE crowd doesn't agree with the 1st amendment. No dissenting voices allowed with them. Gruden should have been smarter; that is the real issue here and probably the reaason the league and the Raidersdumpedt him now like he has the plaque. Self induced moronic behavoir. Nothing more.

The NFL’s hypocrisy does not turn Gruden into a victim
I guess it depends on how liberally you define the term victim. I think it’s pretty laughable the stream of condemnations that he’s getting when his actions don’t register on the scale compared to some other guys in the league.

Uh...............didn't Gruden have a right to say what he thinks regardless that it was pretty offensive? Believe that is freedom of speech.

WOKE crowd doesn't agree with the 1st amendment. No dissenting voices allowed with them. Gruden should have been smarter; that is the real issue here and probably the reaason the league and the Raidersdumpedt him now like he has the plaque. Self induced moronic behavoir. Nothing more.
You have a serious misunderstanding of freedom of speech. Don’t believe me? Head on into your place of work and say things along the lines that Gruden said. Let us know how it goes.

Reactions: Lawrence Wright

Crazy how people don't understand what the 1st amendment actually means. His 1st amendment rights were not violated. For there to be a 1st amendment violation, there must be some sort of government action. The amendment literally starts with "Congress shall make no law.."

Everyone else (minus the government) has the right to hold you accountable for your words. His employer had every right to tell him to kick rocks.

I guess it depends on how liberally you define the term victim. I think it’s pretty laughable the stream of condemnations that he’s getting when his actions don’t register on the scale compared to some other guys in the league.

His racist comments were some of the worst I’ve seen

It's not the woke crowd who doesn't get freedom of speech. It's you. The government didn't punish Gruden.

His racist comments were some of the worst I’ve seen
He made fun of a dudes lips was there something else that was racial? People make fun of people all the time. I’ve done it, it’s been done to me and odds are you have as well. I’ve heard more racist things from sitting or recently sitting politicians

Do some of you seriously believe that the first amendment means you get to say whatever you want, wherever you want, without any consequences?

It's hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that this many grown adults are walking around with this belief.

Yes, your job can terminate your ass because of words. Yes, a business can tell you to GTFO because of words. Yes, an NFL organization can force out a head coach because of words, regardless of when they were uttered (or typed). None of those are in violation of anyone's first amendment rights.

Dude, nobody is “arguing” with you because it would be like talking to a brick wall. Your mind is completely made up, so what exactly would be the point? Every attempt to help you see reason has been met with condescending diatribes lumping all who have different viewpoints than you into a cancel culture you clearly see as the epitome of what is wrong with America (nice stretch there). You also have to gall to think you speak for most of this country, all while patting your ignorant self on the back telling everyone here how smart you think you are. Most adults wouldn’t argue with a 3 year old just as they wouldn’t argue with you.

The condescending tone I take with most of the board is because nobody has stepped up to argue the points. The only thing I have been met with is lame attempts at character assassination and everyone pointing to their own virtue. Putting my boot on your neck and talking down to you is well deserved at that point. Once you throw genuine debate out the window and attempt to attack me as a person instead... Well, I'll throw it right back down your throat.

So quit trying to attack me as a person, it's a losing battle. Try attacking my points.

1. Address the cultural conditioning that makes cancel culture so prevalent these days and how that affects your own thought patterns. Namely, how you are born into a guilt/innocence culture which creates a mindset that encourages pointing out another person faults in an attempt to elevate your own righteousness and prove virtue both to yourself and your peers.

2. Address how if we apply cancel culture across the board countless people get canceled. Kevin Hart is out of Hollywood, Jeremy Banks is not playing football. I could go on.

3. Explain how canceling individuals over misdemeanor level penalties (texts, emails, slightly abrasive social media posts of 10+ years) creates a more whole and healthy society.

Nobody has addressed these with any sort of worthy coherence. Give it a shot

Believe you don't understand the 1st Amendment and how it works.

Reactions: The Original Fade
The condescending tone I take with most of the board is because nobody has stepped up to argue the points. The only thing I have been met with is lame attempts at character assassination and everyone pointing to their own virtue. Putting my boot on your neck and talking down to you is well deserved at that point. Once you throw genuine debate out the window and attempt to attack me as a person instead... Well, I'll throw it right back down your throat.

So quit trying to attack me as a person, it's a losing battle. Try attacking my points.

1. Address the cultural conditioning that makes cancel culture so prevalent these days and how that affects your own thought patterns. Namely, how you are born into a guilt/innocence culture which creates a mindset that encourages pointing out another person faults in an attempt to elevate your own righteousness and prove virtue both to yourself and your peers.

2. Address how if we apply cancel culture across the board countless people get canceled. Kevin Hart is out of Hollywood, Jeremy Banks is not playing football. I could go on.

3. Explain how canceling individuals over misdemeanor level penalties (texts, emails, slightly abrasive social media posts of 10+ years) creates a more whole and healthy society.

Nobody has addressed these with any sort of worthy coherence. Give it a shot

Or.....hear me out...you're an a**hole.

Do some of you seriously believe that the first amendment means you get to say whatever you want, wherever you want, without any consequences?

It's hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that this many grown adults are walking around with this belief.

Yes, your job can terminate your ass because of words. Yes, a business can tell you to GTFO because of words. Yes, an NFL organization can force out a head coach because of words, regardless of when they were uttered (or typed). None of those are in violation of anyone's first amendment rights.

It's hard for me to wrap my head around a lot of things grown adults believe; the past year has just made that even more abundantly clear.

Being deemed a RACIST is basically without meaning these days. It's the dirty word applied to anyone whose politics and opinions don't line up with a small % of radicals. It's how certain factions in our nation fuel their goals these days. They have literally ZERO interest in seeing true racism disappear. If it happened, it would starve them.

Please define "true racism".

VN Store

Back