Scariest Movie You’ve Seen?

BigOrangeGirl

I can’t do a lot of gore, so I’ve missed out on some good scary movies. In honor of Halloween, what’s the scariest movie you personally have seen?

Reactions: Freak
I know it's not a typical horror movie, but I saw An American werewolf in London at the theater when I was around 10 years old.

The scene when he dreams of the nazi monsters killing his family scared the bejesus out of me

Last edited:
The great realistic Horror remake (2009) The Last House on The Left. The movie has realistic horror because the Villains are nefarious humans with no stated information for how many murders they are responsible for.
The rape scene in this great remake is the most challenging disturbing scene I've watched in a movie released to movie theaters.

More disturbing is the nefarious Villains feeling no remorse is very realistic along with them being responsible for murders.

I highly enjoy this great remake has the main theme of how far would you go to hurt persons that physically hurt a person you love. The trailer in this movie was very accurate for promoting what the movie is about.

Reactions: BigOrangeGirl
Timing matters. Once I got older things just don't seem as "scary" anymore. Still, in no particular order:

Excorcist

Alien

The Thing (the '82 version)

Jaws

Honorable mention
The Descent- as I've got a touch of claustrophobia and that movie does a great job of exploiting that part of the setting.
Zombie movies don't really get me but the concept of "fast" zombies scary (Insert your favorite example)

The Tingler, 1959
My parents let me go see it by myself when I was 7 y.o. I think they wanted to scare the shet out of me. It worked.
Things were much different in 59.

Reactions: VolnJC
A little off topic but even though Norman Bates was the bad guy in Psycho...I felt myself wanting him to get that car hidden before the police came....its a master that can create empathy in a killer...only other movie I felt that was with Michael Douglas in Falling Down...think he even had the line "Wait I'm the bad guy?"

I lo
A little off topic but even though Norman Bates was the bad guy in Psycho...I felt myself wanting him to get that car hidden before the police came....its a master that can create empathy in a killer...only other movie I felt that was with Michael Douglas in Falling Down...think he even had the line "Wait I'm the bad guy?"
I love all the Psycho/ Bates Motel stuff.

I was watching a YT for Universal's Halloween nights...on the tour...you go past the Bates Motel and Norman is shoving something in the trunk and then slowly starts coming toward the bus with a knife lol...that's pretty awesome
Super cool!

I was watching a YT for Universal's Halloween nights...on the tour...you go past the Bates Motel and Norman is shoving something in the trunk and then slowly starts coming toward the bus with a knife lol...that's pretty awesome

If you ever get the chance to attend Halloween horror nights, do it! It is so much fun! We attend in Orlando.

Reactions: VolnJC
I watched The Exorcist alone at 8 years old. It is the only movie that still scares me to this day.

Reactions: 615vols
I know it's not a typical horror movie, but I saw An American werewolf in London at the theater when I was around 10 years old.

The scene when he dreams of the nazi monsters killing his family scared the bejesus out of me
Mine for me, when I was a kid, was the mini-series Salem's Lot. For some reason that kid floating in the window made me have nightmares for a while.

After all these years, the exorcist stands alone.
It's the Exorcist for me and it isn't even close.

House on Haunted Hill (the 90s version) got me at the time it came out, at least until the end.

But yeah, watching the Exorcist even to this day gives me chills.

Reactions: 615vols
This will sound weird, but I've never really got scared watching a movie. I've had a few scenes that made me uneasy, and not horror scenes. That said, when the coungering came out I rented it one night while my wife and kids were at a girl scout sleep over. I was watching it in the dark with the dog, and she jumped up, and walked to our hallway. She just stood there growling into the dark, and that kinda freaked me out 🤣

VN Store

Back