Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the he said....

When I was a kid early on I learned that sticks and stones could break my bones but words could never hurt me....

Then when I became a teenager I learned that there are times when that there is fightin’ words....

The ancient Stoics taught that the only thing that really mattered is how one reacted to the changes going on around him. No one really has any control beyond that....

As I’ve aged and now have entered the 4th generation I see all the changes that have come about while living through the first three. I never really got all that bothered by anything. Change is still happening and maybe perceptively at a more rapid pace, at least from the perspective of my generation. I have to catch myself at times because elders tend to be resistant to change. The truth is I think it’s like tilting at windmills (attacking imaginary enemies). Change is a part of life.

Presumably, at least according to the ancients, we’re all headed for the final judgement and the world is inexorably on the path to destruction. The only thing we can control is our own attitude and behavior. Our end will still come.

I like Jon Gruden and was tempted back into following the NFL (Raiders) once they made the move to Las Vegas, the greatest city in history. I like his public personality and unlike some I think he’s a good football coach. I’m not going to defend Jon because I try not to behave as he did (with his emails) but I’m also not going to condemn him because I try not to do that either.

The world doesn’t need much help from me to change. It’s been doing that all on its own for longer than I’ve been alive. I just try to learn to live within the process, preferably with as little stress as I can manage. jmo.

I still like Jon Gruden. He may need to learn to be a bit more behaved, maybe should have learned to behave better all along, but maybe like they say, better late than never. jmo.

Vintage wisdom claims that the pen is mightier than the sword. Long ago, arguably, the greatest teacher to ever walk the Earth said that he who lives by the sword will die by the sword. Well, apparently, he who lives by the pen can also die by the pen. Imagine that.

I don’t feel sorry for Jon, sad, but not sorry. jmo.
You had me till Vegas greatest city in the world. I assume you have never been to Vegas then.

Ok, peeps, It's my birthday. And yes, I may have recently admitted to openly yelling at a cloud, suggesting another age increase probably isn't a cause for celebration.

But we gotz all these numbers and stats saying we good at the foosball. And the fun.. it has been had.
I'm sure they'll be ups and downs and crap going on in the world but keep bringing all them positive vibes!
Because, for today at least, I'm all

View attachment 402122
Happiest Birthday, Charger!

Question for anyone. I haven't been to a game since Wyoming in 2008 and I'm hoping to take my 10 year old daughter to her first game this weekend. Ive looked on here at the ticket section and now have resorted to trying Craigslist. Since I am outside of Nashville it's impossible to meet someone. Is there any safe way to trade tickets besides PayPal goods and services? How common are scammers for UT tickets on Craigslist? I have a guy trying to get me to send using cash app, which I don't believe I'll do. Any tips? Also not trying to pay 2x or more on stubhub. Thanks!

Reactions: VolNash17
The Wife and I are on our anniversary trip and just stopped in Savannah, GA. Looking for some good places to eat at. Besides the usual (Applebee’s, Chili’s, and Waffle House), anybody know of any good eats here?
How fancy are you wanting to get? If you're okay with not fancy but tasty, I'm a fan of Spanky's on River Street. Fancier, Chart House is very nice. Also on the River. I enjoy Moon River Brewing Company (Bay Street), Boar's Head (River Street), Olde Pink House (next to Reynolds Square), the Pirate House (end of Bay Street). All good eats.

Why is no one questioning the team cheerleaders for exposing themselves? (Not directed at you just wondering.)

This may have already been covered, but to my recollection, the execs were sharing photos from a swimsuit calendar photo shoot or something like that. I think there were also questions about the photographer who took them and how/why they ended up with the Redskins’ execs.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
The Wife and I are on our anniversary trip and just stopped in Savannah, GA. Looking for some good places to eat at. Besides the usual (Applebee’s, Chili’s, and Waffle House), anybody know of any good eats here?

If you like raw oysters, there is a bit of a dive bar on the River that sells them by the bushel. Shuck them yourself. I always love going in there for beers and oysters. Can’t remember the name of the place right now to save my life though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back