Where to stay? 2nd time in Neyland

VolforFootball

I like pizza
I’m coming on for the OM game and am with seeing where you guys would recommend staying. I want to be somewhat close to Neyland (taking an Uber to the stadium), as well as close to the pre and post game festivities (bars and restaurants).

Looks like air b&b options are all booked already.

I’m coming on for the OM game and am with seeing where you guys would recommend staying. I want to be somewhat close to Neyland (taking an Uber to the stadium), as well as close to the pre and post game festivities (bars and restaurants).

I'd recommend an over-priced hotel w/the rates jacked up for game day, requiring a 2-night stay.

Tough town get a room in right now. You’re looking at a premium rate for the Laquinta. I got lucky this morning and slid into a room off papermill

Reactions: berryvol

Probably not much available at this point. I checked my apps:

Hilton properties: none available

Marriot properties: downtown courtyard available at $779/night; TownePlace Suites $978/night; SpringHill Suites Turkey Creek $779/night

Choice properties: comfort suites East $354/night; Mainstay Suites Knoxville $254/night; Comfort Inn Oak Ridge $174/night

IHG properties (Holiday Inn): none available

Money’s not really an issue, but it’s sounding like I may be better off getting a place out of town.

What is paper mill?

Comfort in.

Marriot properties: downtown courtyard available at $779/night; TownePlace Suites $978/night; SpringHill Suites Turkey Creek $779/night

Choice properties: comfort suites East $354/night; Mainstay Suites Knoxville $254/night; Comfort Inn Oak Ridge $174/night

Comfort Inn would work. You mind sending me a link?

If everything downtown is booked try Merchant Rd there's a few crappy hotels there. Probably still going to be expensive and probably sold out already. After that try West Knox.

If those don't succeed. Bring a tent and camp it out.

Good luck!

Ouch! Wonder what Straw Plains has? Not close to activity but easy drive in and out.

Reactions: BigDave
If everything downtown is booked try Merchant Rd there's a few crappy hotels there. Probably still going to be expensive and probably sold out already. After that try West Knox.

If those don't succeed. Bring a tent and camp it out.

Good luck!

There’s a nice comfort suites off of Merchants (with a Waffle House on the corner!) that I have stayed at a number of times. Quick Uber to Neyland / strip.

And another one up further north off of Emory Rd. in Powell. Lots of stuff around that one.

Both are very nice spots if they still have rooms.

Reactions: MyVolsDropped
Money’s not really an issue, but it’s sounding like I may be better off getting a place out of town.

What is paper mill?
I stayed at the La Quinta on papermill years ago. Decent hotel, and they shuttled you to and from the stadium for $20. Not sure if they still do that, it was several years ago. Traffic shouldn't be too bad as long as you don't wait too long to get to the stadium.

If you haven’t gotten a hotel by now good luck finding one close. I started looking for hotel Sunday and closest I could find and decent prices was Days Inn West Knoxville. Most every thing is booked up right now around down town and Campus area.

If you haven’t gotten a hotel by now good luck finding one close. I started looking for hotel Sunday and closest I could find and decent prices was Days Inn West Knoxville. Most every thing is booked up right now around down town and Campus area.
Got lucky and found a room for $100

Reactions: kregman
I would suggest maybe staying in Alcoa or Maryville, close to the airport. If you Uber to the stadium it's about 10 miles one way. Or, better yet, Uber to Foothills Mall (three miles away) and take the game day bus to the stadium. I think it's like $10 round trip and it drops you off and picks you up very close to the stadium. Several restaurants in the area but not much of a bar scene.

VN Store

Back