ESPN FPI now favors Vols over Rebels & Cats

Ty4Vols

Assistant Superintendent, Dorchester
As of today 53.8% over Ole Miss and 55.8% over Kentucky.

Obviously they are both close and truly the definition of a "toss up" game but this is a good indicator of where this year's Vols are in their progression under the new staff. Taking out any fan BVS or orange tinted glasses the index shows we are a slight favorite over 2 currently ranked SEC teams and both of them also won this weekend. Its not like our upcoming opponents are taking L's and dropping, everyone is winning and we keep moving up. All in all a great sign for the program.

Screenshot_20211010-081643_ESPN.jpgScreenshot_20211010-082123_ESPN.jpg

I guess it's good to see, but I care very little what ESPN thinks about our win possibilities. This coaching staff's capabilities are definitely swaying more than just the players and the fans, though.

Reactions: joevol33
I guess it's good to see, but I care very little what ESPN thinks about our win possibilities. This coaching staff's capabilities are definitely swaying more than just the players and the fans, though.
While I tend to agree - the statistic system they use for win probability is usually accurate. Not all not all not all not all but most of the time. The fact we're over that 50% mark is huge.

Coach Heupel beat Boy Wonder like a rented mule in both of their previous meetings. In 2018, Heupel’s first year ever as a head coach, and as coach at UCF, his team beat Kiffin’s FAU squad 56-36. In 2019, Kiffin’s team won 11 games including a bowl win, but Heupel beat him again, and it wasn’t even close, 48-14.

Does any of this guarantee us a win on Saturday? Of course not. Still, I’m a’bettin’ that Heupel ain’t a’feared of meetin’ up with Boy Wonder again.

Wonder what the spread will be?

I say odds makers have Ole Miss favored 7.5ish

That’s great and all, but there’s still no reason we should ever fear them.

Did not say we fear anyone, just pointed out what we and everyone else will be facing with KY. After watching Ga. and A Barn, I would not be surprised to see Ky win that clash.

If (and it’s a really big if) KY’s qb can sustain the level of play he showed yesterday, then KY is going to be a really tough out. OM hasn’t stopped anybody yet so can we stop them on a few drives or get a few turnovers to win that game?

Sorry guys ..... Hate to say this but----

Ky is big, fast and deep. Not to mention they are playing really mean.
Ky is for real.
We don’t have any players left. They’re all in physical therapy for the next month.

Ky is for real.
You on that train too??
I give them credit for winning but most of their wins are not that impressive.
I’ve been saying they should be favored over us and if we can beat them it would be an upset, but I don’t believe they are a top 10 team.
Next game will tell a lot

Ky is for real.
Yeah, I watched that game. We'll have to be on our A game for sure. They're going to be tuff to beat, not saying we can't or won't, but man o man.....they're FAST!

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
We don’t have any players left. They’re all in physical therapy for the next month.

No doubt. Need to go hard on the steroids and crack before next weekend. Get em’ back on the field. In all seriousness though, we had to know that would be the case as we went through the season. This is a good team CJH has put together, but in the back of my mind I always thought injuries/attrition would kill us as we got deeper into the season with an already depleted roster. Really hope we can get a lot of these guys back close to 100%.

Reactions: Orange Raid
You on that train too??
I give them credit for winning but most of their wins are not that impressive.
I’ve been saying they should be favored over us and if we can beat them it would be an upset, but I don’t believe they are a top 10 team.
Next game will tell a lot

I am on no train. I was was not implying the will beat us, but I do think they are a good football team right now with a good staff leading them.

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back