I want to beat Kiffin so bad

I know this sounds crazy, but if Bennett is still QB for Ga, and we don’t lose anymore players, I think Tenn has a better chance of beating the Dogs than beating Ole Miss. Not because of Kiffin being the better coach, but I think it will be easier to out score Ga. Offense is the Vols trademark. They will have to out score everyone (except Vandy) and I think this offense can score on everyone and Ga struggles on offense.
I think TN’s offense is better than UGA’s but their defense are world beaters.

I know this sounds crazy, but if Bennett is still QB for Ga, and we don’t lose anymore players, I think Tenn has a better chance of beating the Dogs than beating Ole Miss. Not because of Kiffin being the better coach, but I think it will be easier to out score Ga. Offense is the Vols trademark. They will have to out score everyone (except Vandy) and I think this offense can score on everyone and Ga struggles on offense.

We will have an easier time out scoring an Ole Miss team that plays 0 defense than a Georgia team that has much more talent than Ole Miss and a stacked defense. I could easily see us scoring 40+ on Ole Miss. I could easily see us scoring under 21 vs Georgia.

We don't have depth. I really hope EVERYONE is healthy next week.
I don’t know what team y’all watch we been flexing our depth the last 2 weeks… we are not crazy deep but we showing we have quality depth at a lot of spots…

With Rattler being pulled out of the Red River Shootout today, it seems like Ole Miss could see their first Heisman winner ever...unless Alabama just automatically gets everything. Here's hoping we crush Corral's Heisman hopes next weekend.
Ole Miss will have to win out for Corral to win the Heistman.

We will have an easier time out scoring an Ole Miss team that plays 0 defense than a Georgia team that has much more talent than Ole Miss and a stacked defense. I could easily see us scoring 40+ on Ole Miss. I could easily see us scoring under 21 vs Georgia.

I hope I’m wrong, but don’t think we beat either. I have loved this staff going back to the Spring, and if they beat any of Ole Miss, Ala, or Ga then I have plenty of hope for the future. Just think offenses win in today’s game, and Tenn can possibly out score Ga. Ala and Miss have equal or better offenses at this point. Or at least healthier offenses.

I don’t know what team y’all watch we been flexing our depth the last 2 weeks… we are not crazy deep but we showing we have quality depth at a lot of spots…
I've been struck by a few different position groups that show we do NOT have sufficient depth.

• There has been a noticeable drop-off in run blocking since Cooper Mays got injured. OL lacks depth, for sure.
  • Noticed big-time today, our defensive backfield is much more opportunistic when Theo Jackson is in the game. Others have stepped up, sure, including that young fella with 14 tackles...and we still got some good turnovers today. But you can feel the lack of Jackson. That's a sign of limited depth.
  • Tiyon Evans is a stud, and as long as he's in the game we'll be strong at RB...but if he gets injured, with Jabari Small already missing, we don't have the same kind of explosiveness behind those two.

So yeah, we've got some depth in several positions, and significantly more at LB than any of us expected. But we're still dangerously thin in other places.

I hope I’m wrong, but don’t think we beat either. I have loved this staff going back to the Spring, and if they beat any of Ole Miss, Ala, or Ga then I have plenty of hope for the future. Just think offenses win in today’s game, and Tenn can possibly out score Ga. Ala and Miss have equal or better offenses at this point. Or at least healthier offenses.
I think we beat Ole Miss. Our Offense can score and our WR are starting to make plays...
Our D is also hungry. They falter at times but they've been stepping up
Yeah Ole Miss can score but they don't stop anyone with there D. Hanging 50pts on a team would be something to talk about but when the other team scores 49 all you did is trade point. Yeah it's a win and at the end of the day that's what counts but shows their D isn't stopping anyone.
I think TN going to have a chip on their shoulders for next week

I liked Kiffin and so did the players here. He’s a solid coach now that he’s matured more. We as a collective fan base only “hate” him because he’s the one that dumped us. Get over it.

This is sooo true. We got dumped and now most fans are like a spurned friend or gf. It's embarrassing behavior. The guy left us high and dry but went after his dream job. He had no ties to east Tennessee. And I bet if he could do it all over he would've stayed. The dude had swagger and it was an incredible match with the vols. He just wasn't ready for what he was given.

Offense wins to the extent of teams with nearly equal talent will see the game favor the better offense. We do not have that luxury with Georgia. They have much better talent. When Georgia plays an Alabama or LSU 2 years ago, they will be at a disadvantage.

Our talent is closer to Ole Miss than UGA, so I believe we have a good shot at getting into the 40s or more against them.

This is sooo true. We got dumped and now most fans are like a spurned friend or gf. It's embarrassing behavior. The guy left us high and dry but went after his dream job. He had no ties to east Tennessee. And I bet if he could do it all over he would've stayed. The dude had swagger and it was an incredible match with the vols. He just wasn't ready for what he was given.
I think it’s equally embarrassing to still have Vol fans fawning over a mediocre coach who doesn’t even want to be here.

I've been struck by a few different position groups that show we do NOT have sufficient depth.

• There has been a noticeable drop-off in run blocking since Cooper Mays got injured. OL lacks depth, for sure.
  • Noticed big-time today, our defensive backfield is much more opportunistic when Theo Jackson is in the game. Others have stepped up, sure, including that young fella with 14 tackles...and we still got some good turnovers today. But you can feel the lack of Jackson. That's a sign of limited depth.
  • Tiyon Evans is a stud, and as long as he's in the game we'll be strong at RB...but if he gets injured, with Jabari Small already missing, we don't have the same kind of explosiveness behind those two.

So yeah, we've got some depth in several positions, and significantly more at LB than any of us expected. But we're still dangerously thin in other places.
Db has shown great depth very little drop off without Theo… slaughter and turnage look Much more athletic than Theo but Theo is very smart and always in position… 14 Charles 12 McDonald have all shown good depth… 5 George and Hadden both have not played much but they are good athletic bodies… OL is growing each week but we are not as deep as I would like but they are solid without Cooper… Rb has me most worried Whitehead looks to be getting better but there is noticeable drop off without 2 or 8…

It’s a night game. I think we come out shining bright under the lights. UT by 20.
giphy.gif

I think that we can do it. It will be a Pac12 style shootout though. I’m thinking both teams go over 30 points.

With all that water, Kiffin might drown

Y'all better ease up

I want whoever owned the Lexus he wrecked whike driving drunk to send some guys named Biff and Rocco to collect on him next weekend.

Reactions: VolStrom

VN Store

Back